Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

The Army of Meridia & main+zone quests question

Kendah
Kendah
✭✭
Hello,

Am currently doing coldharbour quest "The Army of Meridia" to be able to continue the main story, I was under the impression that I need to complete my alliance zone story to skip the hollow city, but then came to know that I need to complete zone story of the other 2 alliances as well.

I was wondering If keep the "The Army of Meridia" on hold and go to finish the other 2 alliances' main zone quests, would that update the main quest to pick up "The Final Assault" directly? If so how will it affect Cadwell's Silver & Gold?

Appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks!
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not sure I understand your question.

You have completed your main alliance story and followed the main story and are now in coldharbour doing meridias army quest on your way to face molag bal?

You do not need to complete all 3 alliance stories for this only 1 as you have done. Silver and gold were created for when the game had veteran rank and the zones had locked levels on monsters and they were not scaling to your level. So silver&gold is after you completed coldharbour.

You need to complete army of meridia to continue your path to the final assault.

If you need quest guidance maybe https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Online:The_Army_of_Meridia can help.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Right. When the game first came out, you only could play in one of the three alliance zones, and that restriction was relaxed only after you completed the main quest. For example, if your character was in DC, you were expected to progress:
    • Stros M'Kai
    • Betnikh
    • Glenumbra
    • Stormhaven
    • Rivenspire
    • Alik'r Desert
    • Bangorkai

That could be circumvented; e.g., the starter zones were quite optional, and I skipped some of Stormhaven my first time through. But really, one should just playit through as intended.

The main quest line was going on in parallel, and for the most part was strictly gated by character level. E.g., the Prophet gave his history lesson after you hit Level 5, you rescued Lyris after you hit Level 10, and so on. But the final bit presupposed that you had done the main regional quests for Coldharbour.
  • Kendah
    Kendah
    ✭✭
    Thank you for the explanation comrades, it's all clear now. :)