The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

4 of the same item ....

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
While the drops are random...I thought that changed a bit to give you more chance of what pieces you do not have.

In one run I got the same item twice, then next two runs - the same item again.

In these dungeons, they are automatically bound...so in my inventory to 'transmute' right?

Or I am just luck o the draw woes?

Tanks,

Z
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dropped gear from instanced PVE doesn't bind automatically, as it's not exactly bind on pickup unless you went solo. It'll bind one hour (I think) after the run if you were with a group (so that you can share your drops).

Also it's supposed to give guaranteed something you don't have, but for that you should bind all new items right as they drop.

Also, mind loot pools, if the only missing pieces are jewelry/weapons (last boss), you will start getting armor you already have from other bosses.

And chests and trash mobs loot aren't curated.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah for dungeons if you want everything curated you would need to bind uncollected items after each drop

overland stuff you also would have to bind manually after each drop

if you are on PC there is an addon that just auto-binds anything you pick up that you have not already collected (i think its called "autobind" but not in game right now to confirm)

it has a simple setting to allow you to toggle it on and off (say if your trying to help farm something for a friend and you know you havent collected that drop yet)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Necrotech_Master in Undaunted Dungeons automatically items are bound it seems....
    Hey...want 4 of the same pauldron...oh wait...BOUND!!!

Tank 4 helpin' me out!

• NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zama666 wrote: »
    While the drops are random...I thought that changed a bit to give you more chance of what pieces you do not have.

In one run I got the same item twice, then next two runs - the same item again.

In these dungeons, they are automatically bound...so in my inventory to 'transmute' right?

Or I am just luck o the draw woes?

Tanks,

Z

Aside from what others have commented, it could also be a misunderstanding of how the curated loot system works. Once you have collected every piece from a dungeon then it goes fully random again. The drop rules still apply on bosses in that weapons and jewelry still only drop from the final boss in a dungeon. Most players will collect all body pieces in their first 5-6 runs of a dungeon and then will continue to get body pieces they already have because the boss is not capable of rolling a weapon. Note that in older dungeons that have named set items, these items are not tied to any rules and will drop in addition to other items and you may get multiples.

Basically, if you are in a situation where you keep getting chest armor you already have and are missing 10+ weapons, this is why it happens.
    GM of Gold Coast Corsairs - PCNA