Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Best class for crowd control against fast players in pvp?

Nyseto
Nyseto
✭✭✭
Especially against the runners, rangers, and mages
Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 4, 2022 4:52PM
  • langewapper
    langewapper
    ✭✭✭
    the 'ignore them' class
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorc is great for being able to match them with mobility.

But any stam toon can counteract it to an extent with Silver Leash from Fighters Guild (pulls enemies to you) and Bombard from bow skills (freezes enemies in place). I believe the pull has a 6 second cooldown like stuns and the freeze has a shorter and seperate 2 second cool down.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorc
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also caltrops slows them down.
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    in my head the scenario is an annoying sorc with an impossible magicka pool, here's one solution that pops to mind:

dk.

empowering chains.

get close in this manner and fossilize them (or talon if you must)

if they cannot be stopped then you got yourself a fast mount.

spamming streak and having to break free and roll out of a fossilize will result in them killing themselves due to losing all their resources and you getting an easy kill after applying your rotation and giving them a few whips (unless you run out of resources first!).

Watch out for dark deal and make sure to interrupt them when they cast it- this means they're low on stamina and are unable to keep up with breaking free/rolling.
    Edited by Dr_Con on September 4, 2022 9:42AM
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DKs are probably best equipped but honestly if a good player wants to run sometimes you just gotta let them run. Some choices aren't as good as others but every class can stun and slow people, to include plenty of weapon abilities and guild abilities. The problem really isn't finding a way to do it; the problem is dealing with their cc immunity and snare removal. Which there isn't really counterplay for because it itself is an important counterplay.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Nyseto
    Nyseto
    ✭✭✭
    Ok so I’ve been playing as a DK, the consensus seems to be that DK top tier for CC then? How would one deal with a warden given that they have that annoying bear which knocks you down?
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Burning talons. The warden can cast a spell to remove the immobilize on himself but I think the bear will stay put. Yup, burning talons, though I might be saying the name of the wrong morph.

And that's also basically why the dk is king of cc in general. If you talons immobilize someone, wait for them to spend resources getting out of it, then fossilize them (the morph that immobilizes after the stun,) you're really just obliterating someone's stamina.

But again sometimes if they want to run you just gotta let them go. Cuz if you got talons and fossilize on your bar but they are using immovable potions and casting race against time suddenly you feel the need for race against time and now you're just eating up valuable bar space trying to fight someone that doesn't want to fight you lol.