Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PS NA Cyrodil - Any plans to improve future performance?

JaRqUe50
JaRqUe50

Genuinely curious if there are any plans to increase the performance of Cyrodil? Like Gray Host campaign for an example.

The lag is beyond lag, anyone who plays knows... so I am not here to explain that part. But I think it is fair to compare it to any other modern online game, or even in the past 5-10 years.

For a title that has not been abandoned, that is still releasing updates, and one that has a steady stream of income, Why are we underperforming by such a large margin? How has this become normal?

On behalf of all of us that struggle though the poor performance of Cyrodil, I respectfully call on the Devs and Mods of this forum to provide insight, it would greatly be appreciated. I cannot help but wonder why it seems that no efforts are made to improve to what I believe are the servers of PvP.

~
17 characters, 1500+CP
Tank, Healer, DPS, PvP
Former Emp
Guildmaster of Gold Coast Empire
PS NA
~
  • JaRqUe50
    JaRqUe50
    To expand on this topic, here is a video of my bomb during Mayhem a couple days ago that got me dropped from the server completely. As you can see from the video, the lag was so bad my abilities barely fired off and I was unable to land the bomb appropriately.

https://imgur.com/a/vIjw9x1

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/wluz0k/2nd_mayhem_in_a_row_got_dropped_from_the_server/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
    ~
    17 characters, 1500+CP
    Tank, Healer, DPS, PvP
    Former Emp
    PS NA
    ~
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    The game crashes on big soul tethers, most likely because it sends too much data at once and triggers some rate limit. Other bombs don't have this problem but you still freeze for 1-2 seconds whenever more than 10 people die at once.

That being said, Cyrodiil is still a laggy mess and we haven't had any updates on the backend work that promised to fix the lag and bring back 1000v1000v1000.
  • JaRqUe50
    JaRqUe50
    Cuddlypuff wrote: »
    The game crashes on big soul tethers, most likely because it sends too much data at once and triggers some rate limit. Other bombs don't have this problem but you still freeze for 1-2 seconds whenever more than 10 people die at once.

That being said, Cyrodiil is still a laggy mess and we haven't had any updates on the backend work that promised to fix the lag and bring back 1000v1000v1000.

Yes, which is arguably understandable, although the performance of Cyrodil is extremely poor overall still, abilities not firing and the extreme lag makes it unplayable at times
    ~
    17 characters, 1500+CP
    Tank, Healer, DPS, PvP
    Former Emp
    PS NA
    ~
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • UnabashedlyHonest
    UnabashedlyHonest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The crashing in the last week has really gotten to be epic again, and getting worse. And the tank meta right now is no fun at all. Solo play in cyro these days is as bad as it's ever been.
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    JaRqUe50 wrote: »
    To expand on this topic, here is a video of my bomb during Mayhem a couple days ago that got me dropped from the server completely. As you can see from the video, the lag was so bad my abilities barely fired off and I was unable to land the bomb appropriately.

https://imgur.com/a/vIjw9x1

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/wluz0k/2nd_mayhem_in_a_row_got_dropped_from_the_server/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

What build are you running here if you don't mind me asking? I know it's a NB bomber, but what gear do you like on yours?