Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Remove 3'rd faction from Cyrodiil and crowd control

• pleximus
    pleximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feaky wrote: »
    Double teaming is part of the game, but unfortunately it can get extreme at times especially when 2 factions actually coordinate through discord which have long been rumored but probably not proven. And it can be really frustrating for all factions even the ones coordinating because it really makes for bad PVP. I don't know how you address the problem without a major overhaul to the scoring and how AP is awarded. There have been multiple threads on this topic, but I have not seen anything from ZOS that indicates they think this is a problem.

For example, currently on GH, 2 factions have not actually attacked each other during prime for days when I've been on even when it made no sense since the faction being attacked was nearly gated with no scrolls. But then again, there a lot of ball groups that don't actually play the map, so i don't know what can be done about that.

No one is breaking any rules and Cyro seems to be crowded, but it seems Cyro PVP is basically ball groups, tower trolls, a lot of PVDoor and the occasional good fight. In my opinion, its an improvement to where it was a few months ago, but I'd personally like to see some more changes to improve the actual game play.

It's the same way every single time I log in. Always orange against DC for many hours. EP and AD never attack each other. I have no idea what their problems are but this is just on the verge of insidious.
  • FannyWarden
    FannyWarden
    ✭✭
    pleximus wrote: »
    Double teaming is part of the game, but unfortunately it can get extreme at times especially when 2 factions actually coordinate through discord which have long been rumored but probably not proven. And it can be really frustrating for all factions even the ones coordinating because it really makes for bad PVP. I don't know how you address the problem without a major overhaul to the scoring and how AP is awarded. There have been multiple threads on this topic, but I have not seen anything from ZOS that indicates they think this is a problem.

For example, currently on GH, 2 factions have not actually attacked each other during prime for days when I've been on even when it made no sense since the faction being attacked was nearly gated with no scrolls. But then again, there a lot of ball groups that don't actually play the map, so i don't know what can be done about that.

No one is breaking any rules and Cyro seems to be crowded, but it seems Cyro PVP is basically ball groups, tower trolls, a lot of PVDoor and the occasional good fight. In my opinion, its an improvement to where it was a few months ago, but I'd personally like to see some more changes to improve the actual game play.

It's the same way every single time I log in. Always orange against DC for many hours. EP and AD never attack each other. I have no idea what their problems are but this is just on the verge of insidious.

I'm AD and we been teaming with DC all day on GH and most of the week, so not sure what camp you play on. In fact, we got poor EP down to just Arius and been sieging it all day and camping their gates. Us on Farra and DC on Kings. Mostly our ball groups are farming EP at the resources around Arius. Unfortunately, most of us are just watching since the only action is ball groups farming. No one on AD wants to attack any DC keeps or resources. I tried to get some people to go out and grab some DC RSS, but when I brought it up in zone chat, I got yelled at. The AP has actually been horrible unless you are in one of the ball groups farming them, but at least we are getting campaign points.

I ended up leaving Cyro and did a few BGs. I get we want to get campaign points, but I mostly just want to do some good PVP. This tag teaming kinda sucks for most of us.
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm AD and we been teaming with DC all day on GH and most of the week, so not sure what camp you play on. In fact, we got poor EP down to just Arius and been sieging it all day and camping their gates. Us on Farra and DC on Kings. Mostly our ball groups are farming EP at the resources around Arius. Unfortunately, most of us are just watching since the only action is ball groups farming. No one on AD wants to attack any DC keeps or resources. I tried to get some people to go out and grab some DC RSS, but when I brought it up in zone chat, I got yelled at. The AP has actually been horrible unless you are in one of the ball groups farming them, but at least we are getting campaign points.

Play bomber for the combat AP if there are no O-ticks or D-ticks on the map. Wiping a ball group with 2 people gives 15k AP each. There's never a scenario where you can't get over 100K AP/h if actively playing.
  • pleximus
    pleximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I ended up leaving Cyro and did a few BGs. I get we want to get campaign points, but I mostly just want to do some good PVP. This tag teaming kinda sucks for most of us.

This is a very good reason to why only 2 campaigns are preferable since no alliance tag teaming can occur.
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playing on Gray Host NA-server and it's been EP & AD ganging up on DC for several hours now. We've been gated for that long too. There's absolutely nothing fun or enjoyable about what is happening and I'm speaking in general. This kind of thing happens to the other alliances too. Splitting the population into 3 factions results in this unbalance while 2 factions would even the numbers out. I don't understand how anyone in their right mind can fin that gating someone for hours is enjoyable or even fair gameplay.

Solution: remove a third alliance and make the map smaller to create more dynamic fights.

And for the love of God, cut down on or outright remove all cc in PvP! Having an entire area being spam hit by cc creates nothing but problems AND lag. You either have to keep breaking free because roll-dodging doesn't get you out of the area before you're cc'd all over again. OR you keep having to break free several times in a row at the same spot when cc immunity doesn't work. And this goes on over and over again, ESPECIALLY when you have ball groups dropping everything on top of you, or being jumped by 5-10 people whose first action is to cc you and overwhelm you in a second. There is no fair fighting going on with crowd control and it also breaks the natural flow of fights.

Oh, and Dragonknights being able to use Fossilize right after Burning Talons is ZOS giving DK's a cheating mechanism. You barely break free from the first without getting any cc immunity and instantly get pinned again. What the hell is that?!?

PS: Anyone who can tell me how the hell someone can survive having ZERO HP and run around for 15 seconds and not dying? No death, health went back up again. Happened several times and I wasn't the only one noticing this in zone chat.

Rant over!

This is not an accurate description of what happens on PC NA Greyhost.....at least not in the last three months or so. AD and DC have an alliance for most of the day every day on PC NA Greyhost. There is at least one other poster in this thread that has said so as well.
    Edited by EdmondDontes on May 23, 2022 10:06AM
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people don't seem to understand just how broken cc is during higher populations. Having to break free several times, wasting stamina and still be cc'd is sheer insanity! ZOS needs to cut down on the amount that can occur in pvp which would help immensely during prime time.

Regarding removing a 3'rd campaign, there will be no difference to what it is right now. DC (PC NA-server) had to fend off team orange for most of the day yesterday. That's just NOT how pvp is supposed to be! It's disgusting gameplay and needs fixing.

What is your explanation for how DC is running away with the campaign score every month for the last three months?
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The solution to fix the continual cross faction coordination is to bring our population caps back up to AT LEAST 125 players/faction. This being clear down at 80 players/faction just isn't enough to balance the cross faction coordination going on.
    Edited by EdmondDontes on May 23, 2022 9:34AM
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuddlypuff wrote: »

Play bomber for the combat AP if there are no O-ticks or D-ticks on the map. Wiping a ball group with 2 people gives 15k AP each. There's never a scenario where you can't get over 100K AP/h if actively playing.

They need to nerf or eliminate Dark Convergence. It's a god mode set and a testament to how out of balance things are in PvP right now.
  • pleximus
    pleximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people don't seem to understand just how broken cc is during higher populations. Having to break free several times, wasting stamina and still be cc'd is sheer insanity! ZOS needs to cut down on the amount that can occur in pvp which would help immensely during prime time.

Regarding removing a 3'rd campaign, there will be no difference to what it is right now. DC (PC NA-server) had to fend off team orange for most of the day yesterday. That's just NOT how pvp is supposed to be! It's disgusting gameplay and needs fixing.

What is your explanation for how DC is running away with the campaign score every month for the last three months?

Edit: Correction
    Every single one in zone chat complains about how team orange is pushing us for hours and hours EACH DAY. It's beyond absurd now.
    Edited by pleximus on May 23, 2022 9:45AM
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Every single one in zone chat complains about how team orange is pushing us for hours and hours EACH DAY. It's beyond absurd now.

What is your explanation for how DC has won the last three camps then? You simply are not accurately describing what is happening on PC NA Geyhost campaigns for months now.

...and I play DC on PC NA Greyhost. I am DC and I read the same zone chat you claim to be reading.
    Edited by EdmondDontes on May 23, 2022 10:09AM
  • pleximus
    pleximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What is your explanation for how DC has won the last three camps then? You simply are not accurately describing what is happening on PC NA Geyhost campaigns for months now.

...and I play DC on PC NA Greyhost. I am DC and I read the same zone chat you claim to be reading.

What hours do you play? Every time I'm logged in (and I play for hours) it's always team orange vs DC. FOR HOURS!
  • MadGrandpa25
    MadGrandpa25
    Soul Shriven
    [/quote]What hours do you play? Every time I'm logged in (and I play for hours) it's always team orange vs DC. FOR HOURS![/quote]

I'm also curious what hours you play, and what regions you are all in. I'm in the US and I usually log in around 2 pm MT and play to around 8 pm on the NA PC server.

I haven't been on since the new campaign began, mostly because when I logged on during the last campaign it was team green against EP for the entire six hours I was on. Throw in a good amount of frustrated infighting among the EP "leadership", the constant "let's take Alessia" no matter what was happening on the rest of the map, the people constantly bringing up and [snip] on a certain zerg leader (my God people he's has been gone over a month now give it a rest already), and a certain DC ball group babysitting EP resource towers (now that's real end game PVP right there), I decided to step back from Cyro. Now I just log on, get my ap bars full on my PVP characters, and not log back into Cyro until the next campaign.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on May 23, 2022 6:32PM
  • FannyWarden
    FannyWarden
    ✭✭

What hours do you play? Every time I'm logged in (and I play for hours) it's always team orange vs DC. FOR HOURS!

Again, AD here. I play afternoons and evening CDT and we never team up with EP unless DC has both of our scrolls. When they try to take theirs, we sneak in and grab ours back. Then its back to fighting EP.

DC won last campaign by 10k points so its obvious they are not the target of much teaming if all factions are pop locked. Kinda absurd to even think that is happened. I'm thinking this poster has his camps mixed up.
  • FannyWarden
    FannyWarden
    ✭✭

This made me laugh. Good ball groups destroy 25+ PUGs for hours and he thinks 1-2 PUGS wearing dcon can wipe ball groups like Tyr, IL, Cutest Boys, etc so easily that you can get 100k AP / hour off of them.

Next time you do that, please stream. This I got to see.

I'm still chuckling.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playing on Gray Host NA-server and it's been EP & AD ganging up on DC for several hours now. We've been gated for that long too. There's absolutely nothing fun or enjoyable about what is happening and I'm speaking in general. This kind of thing happens to the other alliances too. Splitting the population into 3 factions results in this unbalance while 2 factions would even the numbers out. I don't understand how anyone in their right mind can fin that gating someone for hours is enjoyable or even fair gameplay.

Solution: remove a third alliance and make the map smaller to create more dynamic fights.

That's a big change you are asking. There are better solutions that zos could easily do.

For example convert few keeps into towns, this way the small groups can take them easily without facing the zerg groups. Start with the keeps that are near the faction gates and see how it goes.

Also this will allow you to gate them with just few players while all their faction is bulling your gates. This should help spread the zerg
    Edited by Didgerion on May 24, 2022 5:36AM
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    This made me laugh. Good ball groups destroy 25+ PUGs for hours and he thinks 1-2 PUGS wearing dcon can wipe ball groups like Tyr, IL, Cutest Boys, etc so easily that you can get 100k AP / hour off of them.

I'm still chuckling.

Simply join one of your AD ball groups so you can see it first hand. AP gain is literally visible to everybody just by viewing the leaderboard menu. Next time you're busy grinding your 30k AP/h, why not compare it to how much we increase by :wink:
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm still chuckling.

Simply join one of your AD ball groups so you can see it first hand. AP gain is literally visible to everybody just by viewing the leaderboard menu. Next time you're busy grinding your 30k AP/h, why not compare it to how much we increase by :wink:

Dark Convergence is a god mode set. That's how you're getting the AP you're bragging about.

I'd love to see how the game would play if Dark Convergence pulled to the person wearing the set instead of to a target area that is also ulti bombed the same time the proc cheese goes off.
    Edited by EdmondDontes on May 24, 2022 10:09AM
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm still chuckling.

Dark Convergence is a god mode set. That's how you're getting the AP you're bragging about.

I'd love to see how the game would play if Dark Convergence pulled to the person wearing the set instead of to a target area that is also ulti bombed the same time the proc cheese goes off.

Been getting this AP every meta since starting PVP - there's burst builds in every patch. The current bomb combo is carried by plaguebreak not dcon. It would be exactly the same if we replaced dcon with rush of agony. As far as I know, dcon has only been able to pull to within 5 meters of the user since U33. It's bugged for anything outside melee range so there's the answer to your hypothetical nerf suggestion.
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm still chuckling.

Been getting this AP every meta since starting PVP - there's burst builds in every patch. The current bomb combo is carried by plaguebreak not dcon. It would be exactly the same if we replaced dcon with rush of agony. As far as I know, dcon has only been able to pull to within 5 meters of the user since U33. It's bugged for anything outside melee range so there's the answer to your hypothetical nerf suggestion.

But you wear Dark Convergence with your current build. You don't wear plaguebreak. The person you run with most of the time also wears Dark Convergence, not plaguebreak.
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm still chuckling.

But you wear Dark Convergence with your current build. You don't wear plaguebreak. The person you run with most of the time also wears Dark Convergence, not plaguebreak.

I'm not sure what you are talking about. For the last 2 campaigns, I'm playing a support magcro with dcon and my wife is playing a stamdk with plaguebreak. It's a very straightforward duo that you can work out in a single death recap.
  • daniel.13b16_ESO
    daniel.13b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Two factions will never balance out PVP which is why three were added and it mostly works just fine.

There will always be a dominant faction. With only two alliances, one would always be loosing. With three factions the two lower ones can either fight each other for some wins or ideally gang up on the dominant faction.
  • afkpro
    afkpro
    ✭✭
    pc-na gray host dc has been winning most of the time. that is why dc's getting double teamed now. it started to be noticeable last campaign. 8-ish days into this campaign it is very noticeable lol. dc was down by 1000+ points at one point. only reason dc caught up to 1st place (currently) is by double teaming someone else and/or low pop bonus (which dc did get one 350+ point low pop bonus eval overnight lol).
  • DaisyRay
    DaisyRay
    ✭✭✭
    I was originally of this opinion too, I even made a whole post about it. However, lol after speaking with some friends my opinion has changed. A lot of people dislike my faction for some reason, over stuff that happened before I joined eso. So I think if we only had two faction, instead of those people being split between two other factions they and their friends would all just go to the other faction. Which would be very annoying.
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ DaisyRay ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑
  • darvaria
    darvaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    YES. We only need 2 factions. Isn't the lore pointing to making peace? Lore suggests that DC and AD are close to peace. This 3 faction is NOT working. No matter what side you are on, when things get a bit down, both opposing factions "combine".

TWO FACTIONS>
  • Starshadw
    Starshadw
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think many people will agree with the suggestion to only have two factions, and I'm pretty sure it's an impossibility at this point.

Why is it an impossibility? It's about damn time that ZOS changed up pvp. There are so many changes that could be done to improve the quality of life in the game but also make it more fun and dynamic.

I do not see how removing a faction would make anything more fun and dynamic. At certain points, every faction gets hammered by the other two - that's how it works. It's not something that only happens to DC. It happens to every faction at some point every single day.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GH has its issues but these are nothing compared to the other two camps.

Both BR and RW are ruled by one dominant faction that spends 90% of the day in control of the map, operating solely to punish other players into not playing because of stupid faction nationalism. (Red or Dead!)

Until they either add a significant carrot or reasonable stick to force some kind of balance in the populations stories like these will continue to be brought up.

I don't know what the answer is, but players do not act logically. If they did, two and three would always gang up on one. Instead they just eat at each other while the lead alliance eats the rest of the map with little resistance.
    Edited by DrSlaughtr on September 3, 2022 8:38PM
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well removing one faction isn't the craziest idea ever as long as it would not be mine but my real issue with this post is to remove cc. Who's going stop ballgroups without cc? PvP would become a mess of more indestructible groups if you remove cc. Restricting movement is a core mechanic of all pvp games.
  • UnabashedlyHonest
    UnabashedlyHonest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please no. We need at least 3 factions. If anything they should add a new faction to spice up PvP.
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And for the love of God, cut down on or outright remove all cc in PvP! Having an entire area being spam hit by cc creates nothing but problems AND lag. You either have to keep breaking free because roll-dodging doesn't get you out of the area before you're cc'd all over again. OR you keep having to break free several times in a row at the same spot when cc immunity doesn't work. And this goes on over and over again, ESPECIALLY when you have ball groups dropping everything on top of you, or being jumped by 5-10 people whose first action is to cc you and overwhelm you in a second. There is no fair fighting going on with crowd control and it also breaks the natural flow of fights.

Oh, and Dragonknights being able to use Fossilize right after Burning Talons is ZOS giving DK's a cheating mechanism. You barely break free from the first without getting any cc immunity and instantly get pinned again. What the hell is that?!?

PS: Anyone who can tell me how the hell someone can survive having ZERO HP and run around for 15 seconds and not dying? No death, health went back up again. Happened several times and I wasn't the only one noticing this in zone chat.

Rant over!

So which faction do you want to be removed then? o:)