The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

to be tank and play randoms dungeos

MalEducado
MalEducado
✭✭✭
its show a dark side of our lovely game.... be more atractive the tank role, cause its like a nightmare to be tank on random dgs and pubg dg
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on August 30, 2022 2:06AM
  • Vanos444
    Vanos444
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, tanks are usually not needed, for Max CP on normal dungeons.

I used, solo as a tank/dps on normal difficulty...
    Edited by Vanos444 on August 26, 2022 11:03AM
  • EnerG
    EnerG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a tank main. Random are a joy, always, low dps, fake heals, idc. I like playing the game, I've tanked vet trials and run random vets for funsies, so I iwill sit there for an hour and a half and teach. If you can't handle a team mindset no matter the role perhaps you should look into solo builds.
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's lovely when you queue for randoms as a tank, come up against a boss that is killing everyone due to 1 shot mechanics that two people don't know about, then the third person who knows something about the mechanics starts criticizing your build (a build that is perfectly fine and is a tank build) instead of educating the other two on the fight mechanics, making the reason for losing more about what the tank's build should be, rather than the fight itself.

the post below is an awesome example
    Edited by Dr_Con on August 26, 2022 12:23PM
  • Heartrage
    Heartrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a tank, focus on raising yours and your group dps. Get tank equipments that either provide damage buffs, ressources or proc damage effects based on health. Use skills that reduce enemies armor or buff your team damages and get enemies close so that aoe get them all. Get two groups of mobs at a time to maximize aoe. Finally, movement buffs are your friend, it’s crazy how much time you can save with a major expedition buff applied to your group.
    Edited by Heartrage on August 26, 2022 12:26PM
  • Naftal
    Naftal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heartrage wrote: »
    As a tank, focus on raising yours and your group dps. Get tank equipments that either provide damage buffs or

No amount of damage buffs help when the DDs won't press their buttons in any coherent manner.
  • Heartrage
    Heartrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Naftal
    It especially does in those case because those DDs tend to underbuff or not buff at all. Also, Proc sets alleviate this problem too.
  • Naftal
    Naftal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Naftal
    It especially does in those case because those DDs tend to underbuff or not buff at all. Also, Proc sets alleviate this problem too.

If I increase your damage by 50% and DDs deal 1k dps, it's still *** with the buff.
  • AlterBlika
    AlterBlika
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tanking is a joke because of how little damage we do. I never go as a real tank to anything but vDLC pugs. You may call me a fake, but I'd better solo the dungeon faster than 2-3 fake dds in my team. This is just exhausting tanking vanilla vets when your group has 20k dps combined.
  • AlterBlika
    AlterBlika
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a tank, focus on raising yours and your group dps. Get tank equipments that either provide damage buffs, ressources or proc damage effects based on health. Use skills that reduce enemies armor or buff your team damages and get enemies close so that aoe get them all. Get two groups of mobs at a time to maximize aoe. Finally, movement buffs are your friend, it’s crazy how much time you can save with a major expedition buff applied to your group.

You basically described what an average tank does. It doesn't help with fake dds at all.
  • TheGreatBlackBear
    TheGreatBlackBear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dungeon tanking needs to move away from add management. Too much time and resources is spent taunting and chaining/rooting adds with bad AI. It's not really engaging. You can test tanks in other ways.
  • MalEducado
    MalEducado
    ✭✭✭
    EnerG wrote: »
    I am a tank main. Random are a joy, always, low dps, fake heals, idc. I like playing the game, I've tanked vet trials and run random vets for funsies, so I iwill sit there for an hour and a half and teach. If you can't handle a team mindset no matter the role perhaps you should look into solo builds.

i have to work to pay my bills ...i dont have time to invest 3 hours on each dg
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlterBlika wrote: »
    Tanking is a joke because of how little damage we do. I never go as a real tank to anything but vDLC pugs. You may call me a fake, but I'd better solo the dungeon faster than 2-3 fake dds in my team. This is just exhausting tanking vanilla vets when your group has 20k dps combined.

That's why I only pug with a bash tank.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • ixthUA
    ixthUA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Random dungeons are fine as healer role, i can heal and dd. Tank shines in specific dungeons, due to much shorter queue times.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being DPS role for the grouping mission in the ESO is extremely stressful moment
    rather than running by my genuine tank character. I never believe fake role cheater
    problem in this game before I made DPS character. Fake role cheater problem is
    very awful. I never start to vote against fake by myself, but if other DPS or healer vote it
    I'll kick it always.

It is time wasting to revive useless fake tank in progress. I don't kick it by myself but
    I don't want to revive it also.
    Edited by AvalonRanger on September 3, 2022 1:07AM
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".