The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PC/NA servers lost depths

Alchimiste1
Alchimiste1
✭✭✭✭✭
@zos Whatever changes you guys did to the hardware or software this patch, please undo it. PC/NA servers are back to being terrible this patch.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, servers have been a lag-fiesta ever since patch day.
  • Vetixio
    Vetixio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil is a lag and crash fest this patch, I am from the UK and play on PC NA but Cyrodiil was fine before the patch.
    Edited by Vetixio on August 28, 2022 8:41PM
    Pìerre - Breton Vampire Templar, Grand Overlord. Erádàn - Bosmer Templar, Warlord. Vyríc - Imperial Vampire Necromancer, Centurion. Sybìl - Breton Sorcerer, Centurion. Erìch - Nord Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Njàll - Nord Templar, Lieutenant. Elánnà - Bosmer Warden, Veteran. Laquì - Redguard Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Noveni Dres - Dunmer Sorcerer, Lieutenant. Marìnus - Imperial Warden, Veteran. Arvyn Indoril - Dunmer Templar, Sergeant. Rósalyn - Breton Sorcerer, Corporal. Emelîn - Bosmer Dragonknight, Corporal. Astaroth Indoril - Dunmer Sorcerer.
  • Arcanasx
    Arcanasx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems a lot of things were lost this patch.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep, PC-NA Gray Host is a lag and crash fest since Lost Depths patch.
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s why slower longer dots and no LA scaling. They hoped it might offset/mitigate the move back to the old crappy (less costly) servers. 🤫
  • kurbbie_s
    kurbbie_s
    ✭✭✭
    Caribou77 wrote: »
    That’s why slower longer dots and no LA scaling. They hoped it might offset/mitigate the move back to the old crappy (less costly) servers. 🤫

nah, they dont seem to understand that proc sets are the problem. keep adding more sets that have to make more calculations every patch.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kurbbie_s wrote: »
    nah, they dont seem to understand that proc sets are the problem. keep adding more sets that have to make more calculations every patch.

I think they probably do understand it but the bean counters in suits want new sets with each DLC or else how will it sell?
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I think they probably do understand it but the bean counters in suits want new sets with each DLC or else how will it sell?

If only we could get more stat sets like Dagon's. That set is great even without any of the "stack" nonsense that has been proliferating over the last three or four years on the new sets.
  • Aruu
    Aruu
    ✭✭✭
    Caribou77 wrote: »

It was clearly evident after the no proc tests that proc sets make absolutely no difference to lag, again shown by how NOCP is just as laggy as CP in prime time even now.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm aswell that I have been experiencing significantly more lag in cyrodiil since the patch launched on PC NA.

During prime time grayhost on weeknights, there is significant and noticeable skill delay from around 6 or 7pm eastern until 11pm-midnight eastern. Blackreach has also been questionable on some evenings.

This was not the case before the patch, as we've more or less had no cyrodiil performance issues since the hardware update, outside of extreme scenarios.

I really, truly hope that zenimax has changed and that they aren't going to let the performance slip away from us again.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as a console player, I have only known poor pvp server performance, and would be astounded to ever experience Cyrodiil or pvp without severe lag.