Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Cursebound Senche-raht: Darkfang Vs Abahayda

edward_frigidhands
edward_frigidhands
✭✭✭✭✭
As the title states, I would like to know what the difference is between the two if any.

The Cursebound Senche-Raht known as Darkfang was added to ESO with the Nightfall crates which came out in June 2020. This was a Nightfall crate drop-exclusive item at the time since the ability to purchase mounts like this one was not available with Crown Gems or Seals of Endeavor at the time. I was not playing the game very actively due to some personal health concerns at the time which are no longer a factor, but I did end up missing when these crates went off the store.

Now I have noticed with the Crown Store Showcase for August 2022 that the Nightfall crates are returning with a new Cursebound Senche-raht named Abahayda, this seems to be a Crown Gem exclusive.

Now I have the following questions if an ESO rep or fellow forum poster can address them:

- What are the aesthetic differences between Zarnor and Abahayda?
- Is Zarnor still going to be obtainable through the Nightfall crates as he used to be?
- Will Zarnor also be purchasable via Crown Gems or will he return as a Nightfall crate drop-exclusive item?

Looking forward to any information that I can get so I know ahead of time if I can get a shot at this missed mount.

Thank you.
  • Naomi_K
    Naomi_K
    ✭✭✭
    Zarnor should be available for crown gems/seals of endeavour like other radiant apex mounts from crates that are brought back for a limited time.

Abahayda's skin is more like the other non radiant nightfall apex mounts. Zarnor has red skin and glows in the dark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63k4ia4H0F0

Zarnor
    ON-render-Cursebound_Senche-raht_Darkfang.jpg

Abahayda
    58bec6ddfd9686a54457bdaed859d809.jpg
    PC EU
  • PDarkBHood
    PDarkBHood
    ✭✭✭
    Does Cursebound Senche-raht, Abahayda have any lighting/wind effects when you hit the 'use' button (eg. when you make it roar) when mounted?
    Edited by PDarkBHood on August 28, 2022 1:11PM
  • couriersix
    couriersix
    ✭✭✭
    PDarkBHood wrote: »
    Does Cursebound Senche-raht, Abahayda have any lighting/wind effects when you hit the 'use' button (eg. when you make it roar) when mounted?

No, only Zarnor, the Cursebound Senche-Raht Darkfang does
    PC / NA - cp 1000+ - EP magicka necro.
  • edward_frigidhands
    edward_frigidhands
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naomi_K wrote: »
    Zarnor should be available for crown gems/seals of endeavour like other radiant apex mounts from crates that are brought back for a limited time.

Abahayda's skin is more like the other non radiant nightfall apex mounts. Zarnor has red skin and glows in the dark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63k4ia4H0F0

Zarnor
    ON-render-Cursebound_Senche-raht_Darkfang.jpg

Abahayda
    58bec6ddfd9686a54457bdaed859d809.jpg

You posted so very quickly and were quite accurate.

Thank you.