The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Has anyone collected every set in the game ?

nb_rich
nb_rich
✭✭✭
Has this happened yet ? How far has everyone gotten so far ? And if your someone trying to collect everything like me what strategy you using to complete everything as fast as possible ?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 29, 2022 11:19AM
nb_rich
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen a few threads by people that finished collecting all the sets, motifs or recipes. I think I remember one player saying they learned all the furnishing recipes. Not 100% sure on that one though.

I do know I've seen players claim the sets though.

I'm casually trying to get all the style motifs and fill my sticker book. Where I am now motifs I need are starting at around 100k gold. I guess I got all the cheap ones.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thats impressive.
    nb_rich wrote: »
    Has this happened yet ? How far has everyone gotten so far ? And if your someone trying to collect everything like me what strategy you using to complete everything as fast as possible ?

Im a little over 70% last I checked, but thats been months ago. I dont really have a set strategy, I just play. I figure Ill get most knocked out just doing what I do. Pledges, randoms, trials, rotw, etc. Its slow but its steady.
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I knew one of those, don't know if they are still at it
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good question, I'm very far behind apparently.
  • luchtt
    luchtt
    ✭✭✭
    I know of at least 2 people that have filled their entire stickerbook, if thats what you mean (the item set collection system transmutation etc)

I estimate there's at least 10 people that have done it but its very difficult and requires an immense amount of time and also at least some skill at the game.
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've collected just a little over 50% of the sets. The strategy to get all of them is basically to play. A lot. And play all aspects of the game, from simple overland stuff to dungeons/trials and PvP. If you team up with other people and trade surplus items, your progress will be a bit faster.
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only need vet trial sets now but with very few groups running these I doubt I will finish anytime soon
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Kingsindarkness
    Kingsindarkness
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many sets....

Ummm that's a no from me.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I probably won't as I don't really do vet trials.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Standing at 6.7K items and counting. I'm a buildcrafter who saved PvP geodes since before ZOS invented the stickerbook. My goal is everything but perfected trial sets and perfected BRP weapons. I can't be bothered with vet DLC trials. In the case of vBRP the problem is finding a group.

My main strategy is to play a tank / carry build, e.g. queue solo as a tank for normal dungeons, and vet when the former gets too boring. What do I mean by "tank / carry"? It's a stamsorc that can switch between a Brawler / Tormentor solo build (that taunts everything) and a proper 1H+S / Yolnakhriin tank build, via gear change. 38K health, resistance cap, but also 42% crit and 4.8K weapon damage, healing from Crit Surge and health recovery, and using a Master's 2H weapon to solo dungeons in it's Brawler guise. Doesn't matter what kind of a PUG you get. The build will carry the group up to vet non-DLC hard mode level. For harder vet content I switch to the 1H+S gear, although the Brawler variant is even capable of soloing some vet DLC fights that particularly suit it, such as the last boss in vCauldron.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=421256
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=433679

In normal DLC and Craglorn normal / vet trials I play a magplar DD or a tank, whatever is needed. I was hesitant to form trial PUGs myself at first, but most of the time it works out fine for normal trials. The latest one, DSR, is actually quite easy. Some others, such as nCR+2/+3 (to get the jewelry) actually push the typical Craglorn trial PUG harder.

The BindAll addon automatically binds uncollected items when they drop, so you don't get duplicates. I also use LootLog and list my already collected items for others to take at the end of a trial or dungeon. Relatively few people do that in PUGs, which I find frustrating. I've gotten a good few items by asking for stuff others didn't advertise. However that is perhaps easier to do in 4-man PUGs, with whom you establish a slightly closer connection than with a trial group. Some players really hate being asked for stuff they didn't advertise, even though I only query for lootbox items that they have quite possibly already collected, not the final boss weapons. I stopped asking for unadvertised stuff after getting some grief in a trial recently.

The double drops for HOF, CR and AS back in January were a very productive time. I got those completed then.

The Awesome Guild Store addon helps find everything uncollected you can buy in guild stores. When you're starting out, set a price limit and just use that addon. Later on, to find that last remaining pieces, I used TTC of course. I ended up bookmarking some TTC searches in my browser for really rare items. The hardest and most expensive to complete were the weapons from the Imperial City sets. I paid up to 500K for the last remaining ones. Also a good way of turning Tel Var into gold, though. The blue lootboxes from the Hakeijo vendor are best in the early stages of IC collection.

Vateshran was easy to complete. Set weapons drop from some of the intermediate bosses. nBRP is also done.

vDSA is done. You can carry groups with a Brawler tank here too. It only gets tricky doing the last boss with a low DPS group. My very last run took 5 hours, but we solved the problems. The CP250 stamblade switched to a tanky Brawler build on my recommendation and another player bought and switched to Hexos Ward. Using the Barrier ultimate instead of a damage ultimate at 50% and 25% can also help. In terms of time: Not a good recommendation to go with a marginal group, because the last boss will crucify you even when you can carry the group up to that point.

Funnily enough, even though I don't find Maelstrom hard anymore (not even on vet), I am not a fast Maelstrom player. You only get a single set weapon at the end. I'm talking about the many regular sets, not the Maelstrom weapons. I am hoping for Wrothgar double drops some day.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have 5406 of 8301. I could get more without too much trouble but I doubt that I will collect all of them and that is okay with me.
    Edited by Dojohoda on August 29, 2022 6:50AM
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • PrimusTiberius
    PrimusTiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have collected roughly 50%, I have all the over land sets, including the DLC's, don't think I'll get any of the perfected sets, so I'm not worried about getting to 100%.
    Everyone is going in one direction, I'm going the other direction
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Players Helping Players section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am on my way there, very slowly.

I've collected every overland set, every BG set, every Mythic set and every Cyrodil Set.

I have a bunch of Arena set pieces to collect still.

I have 4 Imperial City set pieces left to collect, 1 from 4 different sets. They are easily the most frustrating set pieces to collect.

I have a ton of trial weapons to collect.

I have completed 5 dungeons now, set piece wise. And mostly need weapons on the rest. And also a few shoulder pieces from some DLC dungeons that haven't hit the golden yet.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    provisioning recipe: basically 100%, just missing the last 2 war torte upgrades that are insanely rare/expensive

motifs: have 88 completed motifs (motifs with all chapters learned, maybe like another dozen after that which are between 6 and 13 chapters of the 14 learned)

furnishing blueprints: roughly 50% complete

gear collection: 80-81% complete (majority of what im missing is weapons from dlc dungeons, trial gear, and pvp gear)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Furnishing Plans: All 15 missing are ones added w/ U35

4WqFb8E.jpg

Motifs: 4 are unobtainable right now (but in the game files), the other 2 are the ones from the last set of dungeons

IUXcVPt.jpg

Recipes: Only missing the 150% war torte

TJRQxfN.jpg

Set Collection: Missing 1 overland piece (a Syvarra's scales off-weight), and then just a smattering across dungeons/trials/pvp stuff.

JfuALSR.jpg
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • DrakeRyuujin
    I wish someone could help me collecting gear sets
  • CrazyKitty
    CrazyKitty
    ✭✭✭✭
    How do we figure out what percentage of the sets we've collected? I know I'm nowhere near 100%, but curious now. I only farm sets I want to wear, and I hate grinding, so I'll never get them all for sure. But I'm still curious what percentage I've gotten so far.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CrazyKitty wrote: »
    How do we figure out what percentage of the sets we've collected? I know I'm nowhere near 100%, but curious now. I only farm sets I want to wear, and I hate grinding, so I'll never get them all for sure. But I'm still curious what percentage I've gotten so far.

for exact % some addons report that

such as item browser, when you open that it lists your collection %

im currently sitting around 93% with the majority of my missing gear from pvp (mostly due to the extreme lack of curation)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Currently at 6999/9095
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    I have 5406 of 8301. I could get more without too much trouble but I doubt that I will collect all of them and that is okay with me.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--