Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Occult Overload

Dangranma_Burgrukgad
Dangranma_Burgrukgad
✭✭✭✭
12k damage because someone near you dies.
Great mechanic. Such skillfull gameplay.
Another wonderfull addition from the ESO combat team.

note: I will not go where there is no one. I am not interested in PvDooring. I want to be where big battles are.

• kurbbie_s
    kurbbie_s
    ✭✭✭
    you arent complaining about vicious death are you? cause it does the same thing, maybe stop being a zergling and standing next to everyone.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow huge vote down for the above comment... Uuuh

Yeah I agree that occult overload is pretty ridiculous. I really don't like that its a thing but at the very least reduce the damage significantly.

The problem isn't vicious death because at least then you're a declared bomber, this is the 5 piece you chose and this is what it entitles you to, at the opportunity cost of... Blahblah. Whereas now some guy dizzy swings you and you blow up? Lol, its just a bad idea. But okay so there's an opportunity cost to slotting the cp too I suppose... Or at least there should be... So just lower the damage. And/or change it from oblivion.
  • Dangranma_Burgrukgad
    Dangranma_Burgrukgad
    ✭✭✭✭
    kurbbie_s wrote: »
    you arent complaining about vicious death are you? cause it does the same thing, maybe stop being a zergling and standing next to everyone.

You are comparing a full set to a CP?

Please enlighten me, how do you see PvP in Cyro?
    A little group scouring the map to turn some resource and then run away? Attack some empty keep and fight against a door?

Some of us enjoy fighting, the bigger the fight the more the fun.
    Bridge fights, defendending a keep against a horde of enemies, that's were the fun is.
    But we want to fight against skills not agaist some overtuned trash set or cp.
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrLasagna wrote: »

You are comparing a full set to a CP?

Please enlighten me, how do you see PvP in Cyro?
    A little group scouring the map to turn some resource and then run away? Attack some empty keep and fight against a door?

Some of us enjoy fighting, the bigger the fight the more the fun.
    Bridge fights, defendending a keep against a horde of enemies, that's were the fun is.
    But we want to fight against skills not agaist some overtuned trash set or cp.

Truly the biggest issue with bombing in general is how punishing it is for playing melee in a large scale fight. Don't have to be a zergling to get caught in a bomb when your trying to slice n dice the enemies frontline. Feels wrong when your having a big 20v20 fight and a bomb blows you up. Sure if your 20v1ing someone like a zergling then you earned that explosion, but thats not how it is most of the time. Most of the time you are engaging the other teams melee fighters and a DC goes off and you dead. Very fun gameplay.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've lately found Occult Overload even more ridiculous in Imperial City. You get caught fighting adds against a player using it and you are extremely likely to be blown up with the other player intentionally targeting the adds to get the overload proc on you.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now I feel like if it didn't exist, players wouldn't die. Then again; maybe players would build more damage if they didn't become a bomb for the enemy.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Vicious Death as a specifically PvP oriented set only procs on player kills. Occult Overload procs on mobs and keep guards, you should not get punished for getting close to those.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »

Vicious Death as a specifically PvP oriented set only procs on player kills. Occult Overload procs on mobs and keep guards, you should not get punished for getting close to those.

Occult is a PVP star. It deals oblivion damage and 13k damage on killing blow is too low for PVE DDs.

Plus avoiding stationary NPCs is easier than avoiding allies. People will need to learn to keep an eye out for low hp NPCs

If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »

Occult is a PVP star. It deals oblivion damage and 13k damage on killing blow is too low for PVE DDs.

Plus avoiding stationary NPCs is easier than avoiding allies. People will need to learn to keep an eye out for low hp NPCs

I'll repeat again, avoiding NPCs is literally impossible in Imperial City.

Also, pretty impossible during keep fights when you are fighting enemies on the flags to avoid them taking the keep.
  • DaisyRay
    DaisyRay
    ✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    I've lately found Occult Overload even more ridiculous in Imperial City. You get caught fighting adds against a player using it and you are extremely likely to be blown up with the other player intentionally targeting the adds to get the overload proc on you.

I didn't know this was a thing. >> I should do that when groups are chasing me down. Thank you.
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ DaisyRay ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'll repeat again, avoiding NPCs is literally impossible in Imperial City.

Also, pretty impossible during keep fights when you are fighting enemies on the flags to avoid them taking the keep.

Thats where the star is supposed to be good at. Breaking the stalemate of long keep fights and chokepoints. In IC you can kill the mobs first before fully engaging the enemy. Pay more attention to the HP of surrounding NPCs.
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i actually had this happen (not to me, but to the person i was fighting)

i run plague break on my build, and i plagued a bunch of NPCs and the person i was fighting tried a necro bomb with DC and colossus, needless to say the colossus killed the NPCs that DC yanked in, and they ended up blowing themselves up while i got away (barely lol)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Oakenaxe
    Oakenaxe
    ✭✭✭✭
    The fact that it procs on mobs and guards is just ridiculous, it is surprising this is even a thing (from a PvP perspective).
    a.k.a. Leo
    non-native English speaker
    200-300 ping and low fps player
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Oblivion damage is aimed at PvP, yes, that doesn't change how or why things are the way they are.

Looking out for NPC's health is a great idea - make sure not to stay to close to several full health NPCs, as they could be killed within a second without you being able to prevent it.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • paulychan
    paulychan
    ✭✭✭✭
    when I solo rss, I leave a few npc's at low health. When I spy a ganker/ bomber via my detect pot or skill, I use them as bombs via OO.
    edit - worth noting... this can of course bckfire
    Edited by paulychan on August 30, 2022 9:49PM
  • Dem_kitkats1
    Dem_kitkats1
    ✭✭✭✭

Avoiding or refraining from fights near NPCs on resources for fear of a non skill based, CP slottable does not make sense in a PvP environment. Players should be encouraged to engage with each other in order to achieve the objective, and not be punished for doing so. IMO, telling players not to stack close to each other or NPCs is a pitiful counter, and is punishing to certain playstyles. Especially when such a mechanic isn't even skill based, which is what players have an issue with.
    Edited by Dem_kitkats1 on September 1, 2022 4:59PM
  • charley222
    charley222
    ✭✭✭✭
    yea idk who have the genius idea too put this in the game :(

i`m done with CP for pvp , i guess the good news , no more rush too grind CP anymore :D
    the wall of the covenant