The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Impossible to set the game to 720p without fullscreen

DeltaForce64x
DeltaForce64x
✭✭✭
I cannot get the game to 720p because it defaults to 720p fullscreen, I do not want fullscreen by any means, it hammers my computer. I do want to play in 720p windowed mode (not windowed fullscreen) I do want to do this in Screen Mode selected in pure windowed and res option set to 720p, however when I do mess around with screen mode under settings panel, res button becomes unclickable. I can resize the window but that isnt a solution,

What do I need to do to play the game in windowed mode 720p? without using fullscreen?

I have to see that options become clickable and set to my liking, I have to satisfy my sick needs of OCD, it became a problem lately on me.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on September 14, 2022 6:30PM
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are playing in any "Windowed" mode, don't you need to play at your desktop resolution?

I though the only way to have a non-desktop resolution in any game was to switch to Fullscreen mode, no?
  • DeltaForce64x
    DeltaForce64x
    ✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    If you are playing in any "Windowed" mode, don't you need to play at your desktop resolution?

I though the only way to have a non-desktop resolution in any game was to switch to Fullscreen mode, no?

One can literally set to game res to Windows 95 default, still in fullscreen.I have to windowed mode only, then buttons become greyed out,
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »

One can literally set to game res to Windows 95 default, still in fullscreen.I have to windowed mode only, then buttons become greyed out,

Right I meant if you want to go higher than your native resolution.