Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO causing PC to instantly shut off.

Slamscape1337
Slamscape1337
Soul Shriven
Came back to ESO after a long time. Played for two weeks with no issue. Then with no changes being made my PC began to instantly shut off at times when playing ESO.

My CPU and GPU both at no point ever go above 20% usage or 40c. But still at random points the system just instantly shuts off, which of course doesn’t show on any error log.

But I can then go and slam the computer with multiple stress tests for 2 hours straight each and not have a single problem. Aida 64, cinebench, time spy, heaven, port royal. Not a single problem.

I have noticed it’s tied to the fps though.
The default 100fps will have the issue happen once every few hours.
120fps takes minutes for it to happen.
And 60fps has no problems.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Slamscape1337

A crash that locks up your entire PC could indicate a more serious issue beyond the game installation. You can open a ticket with our customer support team and include a game consultant report.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭
    My crashes that were similar were related to a damaged RAM slot, or your power supply is getting weak under stress and certain circumstances (maybe your ESO graphic settings make it happen somehow) -> I had this with an older PSU where under pressure there were voltage spikes that made the compuetr just turn off or create weird blue screens (the 12v lane was somehow not providing enough power then for the GPU).

I'd check if your motherboard and power supply are okay, and do a RAM test to check the slots are fine too.
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baertram wrote: »
    My crashes that were similar were related to a damaged RAM slot, or your power supply is getting weak under stress and certain circumstances (maybe your ESO graphic settings make it happen somehow) -> I had this with an older PSU where under pressure there were voltage spikes that made the compuetr just turn off or create weird blue screens (the 12v lane was somehow not providing enough power then for the GPU).

I'd check if your motherboard and power supply are okay, and do a RAM test to check the slots are fine too.

All these issues are since U33. Up until then many of us had 'zero' crashes in ESO over a 8 year span.
    It was my case, I never crashed.
    Now I crash up to 3 to 5 times every night on Cyrodiil, no matter the time...I crashed earlier vs 4 players at 3:30pm my local time. If anything the patch did something seriously wrong and it's a bit scary.