The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't even play the game and nightmare technical support

malistorr
malistorr
✭✭✭✭
Anyone know if there is any real technical support for ESO? If so, what is the phone number that I can call to speak to a human who can help me get back to playing? I submitted a ticket online reporting that I can't really play the game (even PVE performance is so bad I just have to quit dungeons because I can't help the group) for the past 5-nights and all I received back was a canned reply saying that my feedback was forwarded to the proper team. They did not answer any of my questions and nobody tried to help me resolve my issues in any way.

I can't get speed tests on my Xbox to hit even 100mbps when hardwired into 1-gig fiber and the Xbox is running hot. For the past 5-nights I have long periods of frame drops where I miss seconds of action at a time in PVE and PVP. I can barely cast skills most of the time. I've crashed to desktop a few to several times each of the past 5-nights. I've run speed tests on a Windows PC on the same network and get over 500mbps which is what it should be on half-gig fiber at home. But the Xbox speed test averages about 60mbps down. I've barely been able to play the game since the middle of last week and don't know if ESO has any real support where a human will try and help me. I've spent literally thousands of dollars on this game and can't get support so I can continue playing it. The issues seem to be largely at night. I brought my Xbox to work this morning and went into Grey Host Cyrodiil PVP and could cast my skills and didn't get disconnected. This is with most of the US at work/school. I will test it again at about 7 PM EST before I leave work to see if it's as bad as it has been for the past 5-nights. At least then I'll know if it's a problem with my home network (half-gig fiber) vs a Zenimax problem. My work is 1-gig wired fiber. I've already factory reset my Xbox and reinstalled the game and that didn't help so not sure what else to try. I power-cycled all my home network and the speed test from a PC is fine. So this appears to be an Xbox/Zenimax network issue or a problem with my Xbox hardware only.
Edited by malistorr on August 29, 2022 9:08PM
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I dont know a number, but reply to the emails you get from your ticket until you get past the canned responses to the support team
    Soupy twist
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the comment. I did reply to their last message so I'll find out soon enough if there is any real support for ESO or not. They don't have any phone number published to call for support so that is really disappointing.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    So my ticket was marked as being answered again in the support portal but there was literally nothing sent back to me. There has been no answer at all other than they forwarded my request to the proper team. No help at all was provided and not even a real answer. Does ESO have no actual technical support? Ticket 220829-001896
    Edited by malistorr on August 29, 2022 7:30PM
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    They marked my ticket as answered again without replying back with even a single word of text.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Got this answer finally after about 4-5 comments back:

"Greetings!
    Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team Jacob here.
    We understand you're having frequent disconnects from ESO.
    If you are having issues connecting to the game, you should try testing your network connection. To do this:

Open the Xbox Dashboard.
    Press the [Menu] button and browse to Settings.
    Select Network.
    On the Network Settings screen, select Test network connection on the right-hand side of the screen.
    Also try Test multiplayer connection.
    The console should inform you of any issues with your connection that could be causing you to disconnect.

In addition, we suggest you forward certain ports to ensure that your console is able to reach our servers. You should ensure that the ports suggested below are open for your Xbox:

Port 88 (UDP)
    Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
    Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
    Port 80 (TCP)
    Ports 12000-32000 (UDP)
    Ports 6250/5060/5062 (UDP)
    Ports 3478-3479 (UDP)
    Port 433 (TCP)

For any further questions, or if the issue persists, you should reach out to Xbox Support here."

I had already done the speed test and multiplayer connection tests. They tell me nothing useful at all other than I can't seem to get more than 50-100mbps down on the Xbox period even if hardwired into a half-gig or full gig wired connection. I've been using my Xbox Series X on the same network for a year with no issues other than the usually slow servers that this game runs on. For the past 5-days I can barely play the game because of constant crashing and such slow/bad performance. I have multiple-seconds long freezes or pauses in the game and/or skills don't cast. It seems the connection keeps being lost over and over again. The port forwarding mentioned above is a complete waste of time as I've been playing this game for a year. If there were any port issues the game simply wouldn't work. It's clear whoever answered me has no technical knowledge and just sent out another canned reply in the hopes I'll just go away.
    Edited by malistorr on August 29, 2022 9:10PM
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Supposedly my ticket is being escalated to a "specialized team" for support. I guess after they just try to get you to go away and don't provide any help, if you ask 10-times they may send you to someone who actually knows what a ping is. Here's to hoping I get to speak to someone who knows English and knows what dropped packets are.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    [Snip]

I got a message back from them. They gave me canned replies to clear the mac address of my console, change DNS servers to Google's, and try to play the game with the Xbox connected to a mobile hotspot. (I'm sure that would be much better performance than being hardwired into half-gig fiber that has no problems at all.) So yeah, pretty worthless comments. I guess the real issues are the horrible servers and the recode they're supposedly working on (to which I don't think I've seen an update on since they announced it in January). So support is powerless to help customers and I'm not going to waste my time trying to contact them any longer. All they can do is hope the problem is on the customer side (which it's not) and make you jump through useless hoops. If they're powerless to help, they're powerless to help. There's no point in anyone wasting their time trying to contact this game's support since they can't fix the real problem.

[Edited for removed content]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on September 1, 2022 4:53PM