Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Coldharbour Castle

Zypheran
Zypheran
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hi,
This is a castle I built at ColdHarbour using mostly Deadlands architecture style on the PTS
https://youtu.be/Hfq9haQ7AqQ
All my housing builds are available on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cool build, very atmospheric!

So what it’s like building on PTS? I guess you have unlimited resources, which would be awesome, but everything gets erased after a while? Isn’t that sort of heartbreaking?

Just curious.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks really awesome - love how cosy it is and what you did with the new windows.
  • PrimusTiberius
    PrimusTiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Outstanding build!
    Everyone is going in one direction, I'm going the other direction

• Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So what it’s like building on PTS? I guess you have unlimited resources, which would be awesome, but everything gets erased after a while? Isn’t that sort of heartbreaking?

Just curious.

This is just a guess because I don’t even know if EHT works on the PTS, but if it does, could one create something on the PTS, save it in EHT, then someday on live collect all of the furnishings and then rebuild it all with the press of one button? And I’ve also wondered if people on live could share their creations with other people that way too 🙂
  • Ayalockheart
    Ayalockheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »

Just curious.

This is just a guess because I don’t even know if EHT works on the PTS, but if it does, could one create something on the PTS, save it in EHT, then someday on live collect all of the furnishings and then rebuild it all with the press of one button? And I’ve also wondered if people on live could share their creations with other people that way too 🙂

Yes, you can do exactly that you described. Many people do that by the way, specially to record videos for YT. I just recently use it it to test/practice some structure that I wasn’t very sure on how many items I would need for part of a commission I am working on.

When is about “share their creations” from live. That is also possible but it wouldn’t be fun if everyone starts to have the same builds on the same houses.

In meantime I created some basic structures and did the export to share on ESOHN discord. I wanted to post here but I’m not sure how to let exports available here.

I can happily direct u to it if you join ESO Housing Network discord community and look for me there :)
    Edited by Ayalockheart on August 18, 2022 9:02AM
    PC-EU @ayalockheart Open House List
    • Hall of Lunar Champion - Crystal Palace
    • Moon Sugar Meadow - Nordic Cabin ( Hytta )
    • Sleek Creek - Ivory Oasis
    • Earthtear Cavern - Welkynd Ruins
    • Dawnshadow - Château Blanc
    • The Gorinir Estate - Homestead
    • Thieve's Oasis - (WIP - on hold)
    • Black Vine Villa - TSS Rumare
    • Pariah Pinnacle - Frostguard Fortress
    • Forgemaster Falls - Fogimasuta Ryokan
    • Alinor Crest House - Halloween Party House ~ Will be open on 31/10/23
    • Cyrodilic Jungle House - Golden Mug Caffe
    • Stay Moist Mansion - Emberfall
    • Hunter's Glade - Lost Cult
    • Coldharbour Surreal State - The Pridwen
    • Velothi Reverie - The Perl among corals
    • Exorcised Coven Cottage - The Ground's Keeper Hut
    • Ravenhurst - The Drowsy Stag
    • Captain Margaux- Hallix's Elixirs
    • Flaming Nix - Hare Pines Cottage
    • Stillwaters Retreat - Hogsmeade
    • Panterfang Chapel - Seacrest Fort
    • Domus Phrasticus - Mielikki
    • Hammerdeath Bungalow - The Cottage
    • Mornouth Keep - Ivybury Estate
    • Serenity Falls - [WIP ]
    Comissions done
    Housing Guilds: Ars Gratia
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @katanagirl1 personally I love building on the PTS. It allows me create with freedom. I like building houses but in ESO that comes with a huge grind because everything in housing is locked behind grind.
    As for everything getting erased, I think one person described what I do once as like building sandcastles on the beach! :smile: and thats very true but for me i enjoy the building rather than the having.
    As @Elvenheart suggested, I do save all my builds using EHT and I also record them on Youtube. Thats enough posterity for me! :smile: . If I like a build a lot, I do create them on Live server but it takes so long to grind and scrounge up all the materials, I really dont do it often.
    I also offer my builds to people who play on PC. My builds are all on the Youtube link in my signature. People often take the builds which are saved with EHT and upload them. This way I get to visit many of my builds whenever I want to!
    For example, if somebody wanted this build, I would just give them a list of all the items. They get them, place them in Coldharbour. Then I just go into their house, upload the save and you watch the build spring to life in seconds.
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Ayalockheart about sharing files here - For some reason the forum code changes or missinterprets the save data from EHT when you try to share it here. The simplest way Ive found around it is to upload a .txt file to an open dropbox and share the link here.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the reply @Zypheran . I think I would like building on PTS too but I don’t currently have access. I do enjoy visiting the houses that I have decorated too, though. It would be nice to have the ability to at least try out stuff before decorating live houses.

I started a custom build in the Doomchar Plateau but having to stop and grind for mundane runes has slowed my progress and dampened my enthusiasm after only a small one story building. I had hoped to add a tower but not sure when I’ll get back to it.

Thanks again for sharing your builds.
    :)
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• evymyu233
    evymyu233
    ✭✭✭✭
    very very cool!!!! <3 i want live in this house!