Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do some of you prefer gamepad mode on pc with controller?

xgoldelf
xgoldelf
Do you find weaving is easy to use on controller? I’ve been used to controller for so long and considering switching to mouse and keyboard but my muscle memory is too used to controller.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on August 29, 2022 2:24AM
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They both have their place, I love walking slowly on the controller, and putting Adaptive Triggers too on it.

KnM has it's place too
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Scaletho
    Scaletho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xgoldelf wrote: »
    Do you find weaving is easy to use on controller? I’ve been used to controller for so long and considering switching to mouse and keyboard but my muscle memory is too used to controller.

I'm quite the opposite. I'm so used to ESO's keyboard that I think it's impossible to me to switch for a controller...
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I swapped from console to PC. I learned to use kb and mouse but my manuveurability was bad. (I was the noob standing in red.) Too much for the left hand to do. I also had established controller muscle memory so went with controller after a few weeks.
    Weaving is fine on controller. The main thing I miss is having 1 button for synergy.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't weave per se, it's more like I spam R2/Trigger + Circle/B with Force Pulse, Reverse Slice, or other staple burst attacks. It just feels more comfortable than hitting the mouse buttons or alternate tapping keyboard buttons. If it "weaves" cool, but I'm just hitting both repeatedly as fast as possible when in a burn phase.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't play with m/k, SO I've always used a controller (a ps4 one). I personally like the console UI and the controls, although the camera speed is a bit slow, the double button combos can be clanky, and also having to momentarily take off your finger from the movement stick for weapon swaps and potions. I haven't tried any controllers with extra buttons, like paddles on the back, I imagine these would be even better though. In terms of weaving, I find it easy enough on the controller, but because firing skills is upon release, you must take care not to be heavy handed on the trigger press. I think triggers feel a bit not as sensitive/responsive as a mouse button press, but I don't think it's a big difference.