Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nightblade Cloak Toggle

cptscotty
cptscotty
✭✭✭
Why is the Nightblade cloak not a toggle like Mist is for vampires? The constant pressing of the button is annoying and not seeing a reason as to why its that way. Figured there has to be a reason because its so obviously a nuisance and had to have been complained about before.
Edited by Psiion on August 29, 2022 3:15AM
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because roughly 3 seconds is how long you should be invisible before having to reapply without being OP. Is it really that hard that it has to be easier?
  • cptscotty
    cptscotty
    ✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    Because roughly 3 seconds is how long you should be invisible before having to reapply without being OP. Is it really that hard that it has to be easier?

Doesn't really answer the question. Its quite annoying to have to keep pressing it, especially with the clunky weapon swap and animation locks in this game. Mist on vampires is on a toggle. Why cant this be as well? Have yet to find a good reason why it needs to constantly pressed and micro managed.

You get no debuff the more times you press it
    You get no buff for pressing it more times, just a continuation of one

So why not a toggle and make it less of a hassle? I would say just increase the time on it but even that doesnt make sense with Vampire Mist play style still being the better solution to this skill.
  • EnerG
    EnerG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cptscotty wrote: »

Doesn't really answer the question. Its quite annoying to have to keep pressing it, especially with the clunky weapon swap and animation locks in this game. Mist on vampires is on a toggle. Why cant this be as well? Have yet to find a good reason why it needs to constantly pressed and micro managed.

So why not a toggle and make it less of a hassle? I would say just increase the time on it but even that doesnt make sense with Vampire Mist play style still being the better solution to this skill.

In pve, really no difference on toggle or press,

Pvp however? That's where it would be broken, and I know you're a pve player but skills don't get changed for pvp to work different from pve.

So unfortunately an always invisible, no cost stealth would be mega op
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mega op but fun!:P
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • cptscotty
    cptscotty
    ✭✭✭
    EnerG wrote: »
    cptscotty wrote: »

In pve, really no difference on toggle or press,

Pvp however? That's where it would be broken, and I know you're a pve player but skills don't get changed for pvp to work different from pve.

So unfortunately an always invisible, no cost stealth would be mega op

How would it be broken in pvp? My NB is mostly just for pvp and cant think of a reason a toggle function would break it.
  • Psiion
    Psiion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to a more appropriate category for discussion.
    Staff Post
  • cptscotty
    cptscotty
    ✭✭✭
    blktauna wrote: »
    mega op but fun!:P

How would it be "op" (overpowered)?
  • cptscotty
    cptscotty
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Psiion wrote: »
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to a more appropriate category for discussion.

Why would this get moved here for less visibility?