The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dead people in Cyrodiil who AFK do not get kicked for inactivity

Dr_Con
Dr_Con
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Currently if you die, you can stay face down and go to sleep, wake up, and still be in Cyrodiil. This takes up slots for players looking to get into the campaign.

The counter argument is that someone uses this to spy on the enemy, but that is still a form of inactive gameplay. You should be alive to spy, not having your face in dirt.

I believe this to be a bug and not a feature.
Edited by Dr_Con on August 27, 2022 11:50PM
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a forced respawn timer.
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is a forced respawn timer.

Having seen people in my group dead for hours at a time before noticing and kicking, and confirming their corpse being in a certain location, I beg to differ. Perhaps, even, the timer gets disabled if someone offers them a rez and they let it expire. Who knows, it's a bug and needs fixing.
    Edited by Dr_Con on August 28, 2022 9:45AM
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a display bug in the group. This usually happens when they dc'ed. They are still shown on the map and in the group, but if you check their spot you will see they are gone.

You can see if someone dc'ed, when their role icon or cp in the group menu vanished.