The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

New ToT reward bags

FrancisCrawford
FrancisCrawford
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
So far I've opened 6 green reward bags and 2 purple ones.

Other than the amount of gold, I'm not noticing any clear difference. Indeed, the green bags have averaged better.

What's in the bags of any color has changed somewhat. As stated, they dumped the trash rewards. And I've seen 5 transmute crystals each in about half the bags, along with the usual array of crafting mats. There were 2 recipes in 8 bags as well. Jewelry grains are more common than they were as well.
Edited by FrancisCrawford on August 24, 2022 4:48PM
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could anyone share what they got in their golden bag?
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Could anyone share what they got in their golden bag?

unknown.png
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In my opinion, it's worse than before, even if we don't get trash anymore and get more gold. Now we have only 4 chances to receive a hint for a card upgrade instead of 6 chances when you play three matches to fulfill the ToT (npc) daily.
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In my opinion, it's worse than before, even if we don't get trash anymore and get more gold. Now we have only 4 chances to receive a hint for a card upgrade instead of 6 chances when you play three matches to fulfill the ToT (npc) daily.
    I'm not so sure about it - one purple bag have much better chance for clue than 3 green ones. Before patch I played mostly npc matches and didn't have many clues from tones of green bags. Blue and purple ones are different story.

Weird thing is that doesn't matter which difficulty with npc you play - we should get at least blue bag from expert matches.
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not so sure about it - one purple bag have much better chance for clue than 3 green ones. Before patch I played mostly npc matches and didn't have many clues from tones of green bags. Blue and purple ones are different story.

Weird thing is that doesn't matter which difficulty with npc you play - we should get at least blue bag from expert matches.

I didn't track carefully, but I THINK I got a clue from a green bag already. And another clue from a purple one.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So far I received all clues from the green (npc) reward boxes - and I am missing only one for the last card upgrade.
    Edited by Lugaldu on August 24, 2022 5:35PM
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't really played much since the update, but I got 3 clues before that, all from green boxes. I also had many green boxes with blue or purple furnishing plans and recipes. From the purple box we now get for winning 3 matches for the daily quest: Not a single recipe, furnishing plan or clue so far. Only the normal materials you also get from the usual green boxes.

Edited by Syldras on August 24, 2022 5:42PM
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • MafiaCat115
    MafiaCat115
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see more samples of what the contents of the gold-tier bags are.

For the purple bags, which I've been farming via the PvE dailies for clues, I've noticed that it seems like each bag has one of the following; treasure map, survey, clue, 5 transmute crystals, or a furnishing. I've yet to get a purple bag that had more than one item from that list, though I've had plenty of duplicate material stacks like Rough Ruby Ash. This is going off of what I've seen since U35 and 10-15 dailies a day.

Edit: Forgot that Motifs can also take up the good reward bit of a purple bag as well.
    Edited by MafiaCat115 on August 24, 2022 9:15PM
    Still hoping that one day hair dyeing will be an option. We know it's canon in universe already thanks to a book in the Manor of Masques! (House of Reveries: The Troupe)
    Proud owner of a Morrowind Banner of the 6th House (back when it actually meant something)
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While they have nerfed the rewards, I got 10 Dragon Blood and a Sunspire motif from the same purple or gold box last night, so they're still a nice perk to winning IMO.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Sin_Arcain
    Sin_Arcain
    ✭✭
    Today finishing the daily quest: 66zsb2b7niij.jpg
    (300 g, 10 Ruby Ash - Couldn't take a screenshot to have everything properly visible.)

I think the bags are good. I am happy not to get junk food and drink anymore.
  • MafiaCat115
    MafiaCat115
    ✭✭✭✭
    Going off of the Master's Purse photos we've seen so far (thanks for providing them!), it looks like we get two items out of the list that I mentioned in my earlier comment. The 10 transmute crystals could've been two stacks of five and the second pull had a furnishing and 5 Transmute Crystals. Good to know that that could be the case, as it *could* mean that there's two chances for a clue per golden bag.
    Still hoping that one day hair dyeing will be an option. We know it's canon in universe already thanks to a book in the Manor of Masques! (House of Reveries: The Troupe)
    Proud owner of a Morrowind Banner of the 6th House (back when it actually meant something)
  • WitchyKiki
    WitchyKiki
    ✭✭✭
    Ive noticed less furnishing plans/recipes. I had been giving them away to guildies. Ive also pulled less tapestries. Lots of transmute and mats still which I love.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really understand how the bag change works with the competitive daily quest. Do we just have to win one match now or can we still do three to get a better bag?
    PCNA
  • MafiaCat115
    MafiaCat115
    ✭✭✭✭
    @SilverBride For both dailies, you get a different quality bag based on how many matches you do. For PvE dailies, you get a green bag for one match, a blue bag for two matches, and a purple bag for three matches. For PvP dailies, you get a blue bag for one match, a purple bag for two matches, and a gold bag for three matches. At all tiers, you only get one bag, but the item quality of the bag increases the more matches you win for that daily.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MafiaCat115 Thank you for clarifying!
    PCNA
  • Roxxsmom
    Roxxsmom
    ✭✭✭
    So far I've opened 6 green reward bags and 2 purple ones.

Other than the amount of gold, I'm not noticing any clear difference. Indeed, the green bags have averaged better.

What's in the bags of any color has changed somewhat. As stated, they dumped the trash rewards. And I've seen 5 transmute crystals each in about half the bags, along with the usual array of crafting mats. There were 2 recipes in 8 bags as well. Jewelry grains are more common than they were as well.

I was wondering the same thing. The purple bags have transmute crystals (which I am swimming in) and more gold, but that's about it.

I wish they'd kept giving a separate reward for each game you play, so you'd get one of each color for the "gold" reward, given that the chance for furnishing recipes and rare mats (like heartwood, which seems to have dried up for me since the patch, though it could just be the RNG) is the same for the different reward levels. Would be nice if the "purple" bag had a better chance of dropping purple furnishing recipes, or maybe even be more likely to drop High Isle furnishings.

Oh, and those stendarr stamps. Still struggling to figure out where those drop, since they don't seem to come from the daily overland quest reward coffers in this expansion. A chance of getting them in the tribute reward bags would be nice.