The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Clue disappeared, why?

TheWoanderer
TheWoanderer
✭✭✭
So I got the Knights of St. Pelin clue and noticed I could add it to Lore Library which I selected but now I can't find it anywhere and there is nothing at the location it should be at.

Can someone help me understand what has happened?
  • TheWoanderer
    TheWoanderer
    ✭✭✭
    Has this happened to anyone else?
    Could you find the clue again?
    Is this an intentional mechanic or a bug?

• virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you do not read the clue before you "consume" it (by opening the glowing blue box for the upgrade), you cannot add it to your Eidetic Memory.

To the best of my knowledge, clues are ineligible to drop once you have collected that upgrade card.
  • TheWoanderer
    TheWoanderer
    ✭✭✭
    I had the card in my wheel and was about to go get the box when I decided to view the card again and I noticed underneath the card in blue writing (I think) it said 'add to lore library', why I clicked that I have no idea but I would assume that it would be there because it served a purpose.... I think it's fair that I should be able to assume that? Yes?
    Unfortunately unless I get another clue I can't check to see if this option shows on all clues and I can find no information about it via searching. I can't find any place in the lore library that it has gone to and it is not in my inventory anymore.

It has simply vanished

To be honest I've not checked to see if I already have the upgraded card (though I did not find the box) and I'm unsure if a clue would drop twice for the same card upgrade whether you have upgraded it or not.

If I do have the upgraded card then I guess it's understandable for it to simply disappear as there is nothing for it to do.
    I would suggest though that some sort of info be provided like when you click on a recipe you have already learnt....
    You already have this upgrade??

Anyway...
    It is what it is I guess

Appreciate your response 😉

• virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think you have to double click the clue to "read" it - the text would have popped up like a little scroll.

Yes, you can get multiple of the same clue. I've done it. In order to do that, you need not to have opened the box for the upgrade card. I put the clue I wanted another copy of in a coffer in my house to be sure the game wouldn't know I had it.
    Edited by virtus753 on August 24, 2022 2:29AM
  • TheWoanderer
    TheWoanderer
    ✭✭✭
    Ok so I found Tomes of Tributes in the Lore Library

I have 5 out of 16 and the Knights of St Pelin Clue is greyed out.

So where the hell is my clue. I chose to add it to Lore Library?
  • TheWoanderer
    TheWoanderer
    ✭✭✭
    So an update
    And an admission of guilt.

I accidentally put the clue on my bank... Stupidly.
    It perfectly explains the clue disappearing from my wheel and my inventory.

A huge thank you to the folks who got sent on the wild goose chase that most likely ensued.

I appreciate your amazingly quick response and am genuinely embarrassed about my mistake.

I did not think to check my bank because as I said prior, I put the clue in my wheel as I had every intention of going to collect the upgrade as soon as I had banked my rewards and sold my trash.

Still feel pretty stupid though
    Deepest apologies and sincerest thanks.

W'o'a
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad to hear that the clue is safe and sound! And thank you for letting us know what had happened. :)
    Edited by SeaGtGruff on August 25, 2022 10:12AM
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've all had those moments. Glad it turned out ok. :)
    PCNA
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm actually having the opposite problem with one clue-- Ansei's Victory Clue. I've already added the clue to my library, and I've already found and collected the glowing purple-blue box, yet the clue won't disappear from my inventory like all the others did. I'm afraid to just DESTROY it, even though I assume it's a bug and I no longer need the clue, because I can't find any mention of this issue in the forums.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • TheWoanderer
    TheWoanderer
    ✭✭✭
    @SeaGtGruff I'm having the same issue. My clue is not showing in Tome of Tribute now that I've found it and the one I got today Blackfeather - Knave I think it was.. is also not showing.
    Admittedly I have not selected to add them to the Lore Library simply out of nervousness that something will go wrong but the 5 that are showing, I never selected to add them... yet they are highlighted as collected.

Was kinda embarrassed to return here to say, so I'm grateful you mentioned this.

Will check again later to see if it's ticked and return to update.
  • TheWoanderer
    TheWoanderer
    ✭✭✭
    So
    Knights of St Pelin clue
    Blackfeather Knave Clue
    Ansei's Victory Clue all not showing up in Tomes of Tribute.

Also just had the most bizarre messed up game. Where I had to select 2 cards to remove from Tavern. Cards cards were selecting but they were not, so they were highlighted but I could not confirm removal. Ended up with 6 or 7 highlighted cards and could not exit the instance, ran out of time and the other player started and all these cards were still highlighted and moving around the board as they were removed or bought or played.

Totally screwed up my game....
    Done with it.
    Edited by TheWoanderer on August 27, 2022 1:12AM
  • Roxxsmom
    Roxxsmom
    ✭✭✭
    If I had a gold for every time I thought my own mistake was a game bug, my characters would be rich indeed!

Still remember the ticket I took out years and years ago in WoW, when my brand new mount disappeared (mounts were inventory items in that game back then). I looked everywhere for it and really thought it was gone. Got a nice message from a game moderator that the "missing" mount appeared to be in my bank. It was. I had checked there, really I had, but it's like when you can't find your keys and your partner points them out to you in front of you face.

One thing that hasn't changed in nearly twenty years of MMOs is that player banks can still feel like black holes!