The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Health regeneration got buffed??

OBJnoob
OBJnoob
✭✭✭✭✭
Little bit of a clickbait title… but I haven’t heard anyone say this yet so I want to ask if anyone else is thinking what I’m thinking. If DoTs were all basically cut in half… in the exact same way health regen was cut in half like a year ago…then health regen sorta got buffed with U35, right?

I’m on console so I won’t be getting the update for a while but I’m already modifying a stamsorc for it. Basically my plan is to be super fast, roll dodge spammables, have decent crit rate and health regen. Which even more specifically involves Gaze of Sithis, Twice Born Star, and The Steed mundus stone. For no proc cyrodiil mind you, but I know you cp players (especially sorcs using overload,) have ways of stacking health regen also.

If you can dodge burst because that was your play style all along… and now dots are fully HALF the damage… just seems to me like health recovery got a fairly huge buff.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well dots both tick slower, and dont do much more (or even in most cases less) dmg than pre patch

and pvp further nerfs their dmg

not to mention most dots straight up buff maras balm (everytime a dot is refreshed, its counted as "removing the old dot")

i dont think maras will work in no cp/no proc, so going raw health regen is probably the best dot counter, but because it is no proc, plague doesnt work there either so there is absolutely nothing stopping you from purging the dot too (if you have a built in purge from your class if you cant use the expensive alliance skill purge)

thinking about it, between nerfs, player resists and battle spirit, its safe to say most dots are about -80% from what it is in pve (combined from nerfs, enemy resists, and battle spirit)
    Edited by Necrotech_Master on August 24, 2022 10:49PM
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah that’s what I mean. The damage of the dots is about the same overall but they tick half as often now. Isn’t that exactly what they did to health recovery? So, I dunno, I just figure if I’m roll dodging a lot and streaking I shouldn’t eat too many spammables. So dots are kinda the enemy and if a passive way to combat that (that wasn’t viable but now effectively doubled,) is there I don’t see why not take it.

Because I do believe dots will exist. And no my stamsorc doesn’t have a realistic way to purge. Magdks are still gonna dot you up, they kinda have to. People will still use the 2h gap closer, throw caltrops, and shoot the occasional lethal injection.

Anyway it’s just a thought I was having. I’ve been looking for an excuse to run the steed as a mundus stone and I believe I did. It’ll be like wearing sithis and wild hunt at the same time. But with a bunch of health recovery. I dunno. Sounds good in my head.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you just have to keep in mind that health recovery is cut in half in pvp so stuff like the steed will be roughly 50% weaker

so while a dot ticks slower, the dmg per tick may be higher than it was before which could be enough to still cancel out your health recovery

i dont think a full health recov meta will make a comeback, but it can certainly help mitigate dots if they tick a lot slower and do less dmg (it would take a lot more dots to counter your health recov than it used to)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I know its cut in half in PvP but after the nerf it was basically cut in quarter and now I feel like its half again because the ratio between dot ticks and HP recovery ticks has now returned to what it was before the nerf.

You know what I'm saying. And you're right to keep me grounded, trust me, I know its not going to be some amazing thing. But it might be decent, especially if you're not really sacrificing anything to get it. I don't think wearing gaze of sithis is a sacrifice-- I think it synergizes well with bowsorc. And I don't really think the steed mundus is useless either for a stamsorc. And stamsorcs also have passives to inflate the HP recovery.

My stamsorc has between 50 and 59% crit in cyrodiil, depending on who has emp and scrolls and stuff. So crit surge is actually helpful. I feel like crit surge plus around 2k health recovery is a good combination for a rolling bowsorc.

I don't pve much and I'm on Xbox so even though I try to keep up with the forums and changes it hasn't affected me yet so I havent memorized it all yet. But I don't think the damage of dots increased, did it? I think the durations increased as compensation for a slower tick rate but the overall damage is about the same.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the dps of the dot definitely went down

the avg dot pre-patch from skills was around 1000-1500 dps (usually saw like 600-1000 dmg ticks in pvp from poison injection) (so a dot was around like 6000 over 6 sec or something like that for 1000 dps)

now a lot of dots are like 12000 over 20 sec, to break it down that would be like 6000 over 10 sec (600 dmg per sec)

but since the dots tick at a rate of every 2 sec, it would mean the per-tick dmg would be about the same, so take the 6000 over 10 sec example, at 2 sec tick rate so the actual ticks would still be 1200 dmg

so on a per-tick basis the dmg is relatively the same, but because of the 2 sec tick rate, the dmg delivery is much slower allowing passive recov to compensate for it more, but as soon as you add another heal on that you will easily outheal it

i think the steed will be helpful not just for the hp recov, but also because it provides movement speed, and mobility is also very strong stat in pvp

even if your only heal was vigor you would probably be fine (and vigor is stronger anyway due to the minor resolve it provides for 20 sec)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See that’s the positivity we’re looking for! Lol, no seriously, thanks for the feedback. We’ll see how it goes but I’m pretty excited. I think stamsorc will be in a decent spot next patch. I’m sure I’ll get run over by a nightblade or two but, hey, can’t win them all.

The only thing that’ll put a damper in my plans is if they butchered crystal weapon… which I hear they did and I’m not sure how exactly… but if I can just switch to the psijic one I’ll end up with more penetration anyway so… pretty sure it won’t be a dealbreaker. Am gonna miss the crystal, LA-mages wrath, LA-streak combo though. It’s pretty dirty especially if you have a curse on them, or use it with overload or ballista.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont have good suggestions for a stam sorc specifically because ive never played one lol

(the only sorc ive played is a healer for pve lol, i know i know lol)

my main pvp toon is a stamblade who actually was utilizing dots (maelstrom 2h, plaguebreak, poison injection, poison status effect)

funny enough the majority of my kills ive tracked were never from dots, but the dots did put lot of pressure on people, but with the maras balm meta i dont know how effective that will be (even after the suggested nerf they have coming)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea maras balm looks pretty silly but fortunately I play in no proc so I’m not worried. There’s always a savage werewolf or a caluurions or a dark convergence or a sloads or a viper… it’s kinda funny to me how much it gets complained about and yet my favorite campaign stays empty.

My stamsorc at the moment is wearing 6 light and 1 medium I think. Buffer of the swift body, hundings jewels n weps, and slimecraw monster. I’d like to think I’m pioneering the new no proc stamsorc meta… light armor (preferably a defensive set obviously,) actually works great. That was one idea I had that worked out well. If the hp recovery thing works decent then I think I’ll really be on to something.

Planning on wearing twice born star, probably 2 or 3 heavy, 1 medium, and 3 or 4 light. So the hp recovery isn’t wasted. Right now I’m using the shadow mundus but I’ll probably switch to the thief and steed if my crit rate goes below 50%. I have camo hunter front barred so I’ll still have decent uptime on minor berserk hopefully, missing the 2nd slimecraw piece won’t be a big deal it’s honestly the 1 piece that’s important.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i liked the no cp campaign before it also went no proc, i kind of feel like the no proc gameplay is a little boring lol, but it is the campaign i recommend people go to who are learning pvp because there are less variables and generally stuff going on that kill you (effectively no bombing since its much harder to do a good bomb without plague/vd/occult)

if your mostly focusing on a no proc environment, then most definitely the health recovery will help (i think my NB sits at around a solid 240 hp recov in pvp land lol)

if your closer to 1000-1500 in pvp then with your mobility and a single heal like vigor, dots shouldnt be a problem, especially since the only dots your facing are class based (as all proc dots that are still strong are well procs and wont work lol)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s fair to say that no proc is boring. I mean it’s easy to understand why you would say that. I like it for the more competitive nature I guess— which is probably an offensive way to phrase it but I apologize I only mean it this one way: stat based sets makes it a more purified/simplified version where the buttons you press and the skills you chose are the ONLY things that do damage to your opponent and heal you. Which ties you more directly to the global cooldown of the game and showcases class -v- class and player -v- player situations.

I know, from a different perspective, that sounds ludicrous and obviously the most populated campaign with the most the game has to offer would be the true proving ground, but yknow, to each their own.

I’m excited vigor got minor, uh, whatever it’s called. Resolve? I mean it’s an idiotic buff but it’ll benefit me so whatever.

My NB is a vampire right now so probably has even less health recovery than yours lol. I’ve never built for health recovery before, even when it was viable, so again I’m just kinda excited to do so. How high do you think I can get it in no cp? I don’t wanna think too hard at the moment but sithis is like 1000 right? Steed is worth 200 or 300 right? Could use the Artaeum takeaway broth that gives you like 300 right? 12% more for 3 pieces of heavy armor… 20% more for sorc passives… shouldn’t be hard to get 2 or even 3k? Well no it gets cut in half so… I guess if I can get 2k that’d probably be excellent.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i completely understand the no proc/no cp environment (i actually recommend it for people who are either new to pvp or dont like dealing with the "cheese" that procs can add) (or to get away from obvious OP sets like right now with maras balm)

if your stage 1 vampire, then its only -10% hp recov, but if your stage 3 that is like -75% hp recovery which i think is applied before battle spirit, and also after all of your other recovery buffs

so if you had 3000 hp recov in pve, if you were a stage 3 vamp that is dropping it to like 750 before battle spirit, so you would still be down to like 375 hp recov in a pvp environment
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master