The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

"accessibility"

Krayl
Krayl
✭✭✭✭✭
On console, we can't even freely assign buttons and our options for weapon swap are. . .

-HOLDING a face button (LOL?)
-taking our thumbs off the left stick and pushing the sometimes hard to find left D pad (LOL!)
-Mashing the left stick like some kind of ape (the best of the three poor solutions)

I'm not sure you know what 'Accessibility' is.
  • preevious
    preevious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I do understand what you mean, that argument is irrelevant.

If I choose to play blindfolded, I won't complain that it's harder. It's a choice.

Litteraly any MMORPG is easier on PC than on console. By playing on console (and it's your right to do so), you forsake a lot of flexibility (keyboard and mouse, mods, etc..).

What I mean, it that the fact that you cannot does not mean that PC players should not.
    Their complains are still valid.
  • MECHA_STREISAND
    MECHA_STREISAND
    ✭✭✭
    There's an easy workaround if you're on Xbox, and that's to get an elite controller.

That being said, £160 is not exactly a cheap fix.

I use an elite controller on PC and it's far easier than a keyboard for general gameplay, but obviously have to have a keyboard on hand for chat / gear swaps etc. For anyone interested in this approach, this is the setup I find works really nicely:

Map A to paddle P2
    Map X to paddle P4
    Map RB to paddle P1
    Map LB to paddle P3
    Map D-Left to X button
    Map D-Down to A button
    Un-map RB&LB buttons

Bind tab target to D-Down (which is now A button)
    Leave 1st / 3rd person view swap un-mapped and never change it because why would you ever need to

With that setup you can bar swap by tapping X on the controller, and target lock by pressing A - both of which are super easy.

Again, £160 isn't exactly an easy fix but an elite controller makes all games better.
  • Klingenlied
    Klingenlied
    ✭✭✭✭
    preevious wrote: »

If I choose to play blindfolded, I won't complain that it's harder. It's a choice.

Litteraly any MMORPG is easier on PC than on console. By playing on console (and it's your right to do so), you forsake a lot of flexibility (keyboard and mouse, mods, etc..).

What I mean, it that the fact that you cannot does not mean that PC players should not.

Hard disagree here. Game difficulty is the same. You can gain additional accessibility due to mods and depending on the game (ESO), support for mouse & keyboard might be inferior. But take FFXIV as an example, you got full support for keyboard & mouse.

Console vs PC mostly is a decision in terms of where / how hardcore people play. Console mostly in on the more relaxed side - couch gaming. PC generally is considered more hardcore - "full gaming setup with high performance peripherals & gaming chair etc." - with that being generalizations of course!

There are players on PS4 outperforming players on PC in content, players that beat the newest raid with incredible scores on console in general. With no addons telling them what to do.

On a personal note: I hardly ever play stuff on PC nowadays because I love the console ecosystem that is cut away from PC cheating, elitism and all those keyboard warriors. On console you have some sort of bubble without most of it and if the drawbacks only are "mods" - that is fine with me, I did hate them when they started in WoW and raids evolved into a read and react slog. FFXIV did it way better then, but by now, mods are slowly creeping in. ESO is the last place I can be playing free of them because we have no crossplay. One of the major, major advantages of ESO for me.
  • preevious
    preevious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    preevious wrote: »

Hard disagree here. Game difficulty is the same. You can gain additional accessibility due to mods and depending on the game (ESO), support for mouse & keyboard might be inferior. But take FFXIV as an example, you got full support for keyboard & mouse.

Console vs PC mostly is a decision in terms of where / how hardcore people play. Console mostly in on the more relaxed side - couch gaming. PC generally is considered more hardcore - "full gaming setup with high performance peripherals & gaming chair etc." - with that being generalizations of course!

There are players on PS4 outperforming players on PC in content, players that beat the newest raid with incredible scores on console in general. With no addons telling them what to do.

On a personal note: I hardly ever play stuff on PC nowadays because I love the console ecosystem that is cut away from PC cheating, elitism and all those keyboard warriors. On console you have some sort of bubble without most of it and if the drawbacks only are "mods" - that is fine with me, I did hate them when they started in WoW and raids evolved into a read and react slog. FFXIV did it way better then, but by now, mods are slowly creeping in. ESO is the last place I can be playing free of them because we have no crossplay. One of the major, major advantages of ESO for me.

My point wasn't that an environment is superior to the other (let's leave that PC master race BS to the kids). Both are equaly valid, and each have advantages (console as an integrated vocal chat if I'm not mistaken, for instance) but I think that both should be considered like different games as far as gameplay is concerned..
    If only for the add-ons that can completely revamp the game.

Thus, I consider that it's wrong for one side to criticize the complaints of the other because they have it worse.

• Asdara
    Asdara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They increased accessibility... To Other game :smiley:
    Forget new content for a while & forget adding new DLC, this is a list of what is actually needed in the game:
    1: Handheld magic/ giving you the option to not use your staff to L/H Attack but instead it will shoot from your hand, like a spell.
    2: Spellcrafting.
    3: Combat pet skin / summon Atronach.
    4: Summon weapon.
    5: Change the Housing item limit.
    6: Multi Attunable crafting station.
    7: Add Writ boards and Writ Drop-off's for housing.
    8: Cut the crown price of Mundus stones (4000x13? 52000 crowns?).
    9: Visual upgrade for all spell and animation.
    10: More structural item, door, floors, arch, walls for all size and shape.
    11: Dusting and adding things to the mage guilds.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get why consoles can't remap their key bindings like the way PC can, there are so many more comfortable solutions. My weapon swap button is Right Stick click, holding it down opens the map. I moved L1 to be Sprint and a Modifier key, R1 is Jump, L1+R1 is Roll Dodge. As a modifier key I can combine L1 with any Directional or Action key for 8 additional key bindings. Console could easily have 12 action bar keys with Directional Keys Left, Up, Right, Square, Triangle, Circle for 6 actions and L1+ modifier for 6 more actions. I have Directional Key Down as my Ultimate, holding it down can be used to Interact with Player.
  • MECHA_STREISAND
    MECHA_STREISAND
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get why consoles can't remap their key bindings like the way PC can, there are so many more comfortable solutions (snip)

You can, you just have to pay extra for it.

Arguably, consoles should have those features by default on the standard equipment, but y'know.. we live in a society.