The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Off hand dagger trait

adamsmith42
adamsmith42
✭✭✭✭
So, with the decrease in value of the charged trait, is the best choice for daggers still Nirn/Charged, or would I be better going precise on the off-hand?
Edited by adamsmith42 on August 25, 2022 3:58AM
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am going to roll my eyes so hard if we revert to the Nirn x Precise meta that dominated for years and years and years and years.

Charged was supposedly nerfed because it was the meta trait but that era of Charged being a useful trait lasted for, what, two or three patches?

I suppose, like the Inferno Staff, we are "intended" to play using certain traits and the game's balance will ensure that those chosen combinations are always the best choice, regardless of how stale it feels.
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think Charged was reduced so much as to warrant changing traits. If I'm calculating the chances correctly, it will still be like 68% for a 1-hand enchant to proc its status with the corresponding cp perk, and 105% chance with a two-handed weapon. Heartland Conqueror would boost that further to 105% on a 1-hand but that would be redundant in practice.

In PvP though it's probably best to not use charged trait until Mara's Balm inevitably gets adjusted.