The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

best sets next patch u35?

h9dlb
h9dlb
✭✭✭
What are the best PvP sets when patch goes live for stam and mag?
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it'll probably depend on your playstyle and complementing build...

spell/weapon damage, penetration, armor focused sets should all still be viable...

it's a challenge, for years I used to read though all the set descriptions, now there are just so many different sets available...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy
    ✭✭
    Maras balm , no doubt
  • MISTFORMBZZZ
    MISTFORMBZZZ
    ✭✭✭
    Maras balm , no doubt

im really suprised people actually think this set is gonna be op in a plaguebreak meta
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maras balm , no doubt

im really suprised people actually think this set is gonna be op in a plaguebreak meta

The set heals for 1k every time you get a negative effect reapplied to you. Stuff like jabs now heals the target. Plaguebreak won't be nearly enough to dissuade use of Mara's Balm. Even worse, from what it sounds like they intend to nerf it by simply reducing the heal instead of changing the proc condition, which won't really change the effective power of the set much.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maras balm + other set
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maras balm , no doubt

Considering how plaguebreak will be changed. Plaguebreak's dot is basically eliminated now in exchange for a higher burst on kill.
    The weak dot damage plaguebreak does now will just effectively be eliminated by mara's healing. PB will only be good with group wiping so people who toss it on any build just because of the damage(like in Xv1 situations) will just have the damage deal laughable damage now and be giving people who abuse it free heals.

Plaguebreak is pretty much only useful in situations it should've always been (punishing large groups), so only ball groups small scalers and 1vx'ers I imagine will still use that set. It'll still be "meta" but I doubt it'll be in every single encounter in PVP now compared to before.

That aside, Mara is just that powerful, some people have pitiful damage and with the drastic changes to dps I imagine this will be a hard counter to low damaging players in PVP.

I doubt it'll be top of the top but I do think it'll be one of the "must have" sets in pvp for people.
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    High isle and rally cry both will be good sets with oakensoul on a full range magika build. Both buffs can’t be debuff by ploy set. And if you get hurt and get a critical heal you get a good increase in your spell damage .
  • daemondamian
    daemondamian
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone have a link to the source of information saying Mara's is getting nerfed?
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does anyone have a link to the source of information saying Mara's is getting nerfed?

Gina said it
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7695753#Comment_7695753