The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Changes on ToT today

NeKryXe
NeKryXe
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm not yet aware of what happened, but today I got an update on ESO and after that I noticed some problems on ToT.

The first thing was the progress. Somehow my progress on ranked was reset. But the worst thing is the visual changes, at least at my end. The ToT table is now darker, there's clearly less light, and less contrast too. For me, maybe due to may age, it's really harder to play. I strain my eyes a lot and get quite tired in a few minutes. Something that never happen before the update. I tried to fix it by changing the setting on my screen , but it'll ruin all the rest, because the problem is only on the ToT board.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    @NeKryXe which rank were you previously? And are you completely unranked now or did you just drop to a lower rank?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NeKryXe which rank were you previously? And are you completely unranked now or did you just drop to a lower rank?

I was on top 3% and returned to Voidsteel. But that's ok, if I managed to fix the visual problems I'll be able to play enough to return to the same position. I'm more worried about the lack of light and contrast on the board now. It is very tiring as it is now.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My rank is fine (I was in leaderboards and started on same spot).

However, I can confirm something happened with the colors or gamma during ToT matches.

Everything looks kind of darker (not sure if darker, but something's definitely different in the light on the board).

Edited by Dragonnord on August 22, 2022 1:58PM
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks, both! Could one of you possibly post a screenshot of the darker board you're seeing?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    npbcjb8m0d8o.jpg

This is what I see at my end. It might not seem a problem for some, but for me, it is if I play more than 10 minutes it's very tiring.

As I said before, I can add brightness and contrast on my screen to fix it, but then everything else is ruined, because I have my screen calibrated with a Spyder. Something wrong happened with the light on ToT table.

When a match starts, when we are picking the patrons it seems ok, but right after we chose the patrons something happens and feels like some king of fog ruins the image. It's weird.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh! btw... after 3 wins I returned to the position I was before the update. So, about the ranking, it's ok.
  • votan73
    votan73
    ✭✭✭
    Did you play at night?
    If you are using my addon "Darker Nights" you could type "/togglenight" to turn it off. Currently Tamriel is in the new moon phase.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's like all colors and graphics look older and opaque now.

Black is not real black anymore, it's now kind of dark grey.

OPEN THE IMAGES IN A NEW TAB TO SEE THEM BIGGER.

ce6n331djiws.jpg

45uxz9ph0htl.jpg

ue04itcjwt6o.jpg

Edited by Dragonnord on August 22, 2022 2:55PM
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was able to compare with a previous screenshot.

fr4jkcnet2ld.jpg
    BEFORE THE UPDATE

q8dalx5erg85.jpg
    AFTER THE UPDATE

I can confirm now that there's some problem with the color. Seems that there's a weird green tint. Maybe something messed up with the update. Probably it might not be a problem for most players but, like I said, it's tiring for me. (and it also looks awful now). Anyway, it would be really great to be able to configure the colour and light to remain as it was before this update.
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now the color of icons with card effects is beige. He used to be white. It used to be better, now you have to peer.
    PC/EU
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it's like a layer of yellow/green tint has been added on top of the board.

• Eohor
    Eohor
    ✭✭
    I was in rubedite rank and 200th-ish, i'm now voidsteel and 0/1000 pts...
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    votan73 wrote: »
    Did you play at night?
    If you are using my addon "Darker Nights" you could type "/togglenight" to turn it off. Currently Tamriel is in the new moon phase.

No. it was in daylight. I tried to launch the match in different places, but the new table is messed up. There's really a green tint problem now.

But I'm going to try your addon to see if it fixes this problem. Thanks.
  • votan73
    votan73
    ✭✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »
    Did you play at night?

No. it was in daylight. I tried to launch the match in different places, but the new table is messed up. There's really a green tint problem now.

It is reducing gamma during nights, with most effect at new moon. So I doubt it will fix anything.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »
    Did you play at night?

It is reducing gamma during nights, with most effect at new moon. So I doubt it will fix anything.

oh! I see. It'll not fix it. We need something to remove the excess of green.

I noticed that they did some changes in the ToT game. Maybe they did it on an uncalibrated screen and ruined the color of the game by mistake. I really hope that they can revert this.
  • Jaclynn
    Jaclynn
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed (Prior to today's maint.) That sound was off in a few matches against NPC's where the volume decreased...didn't really bother me, however again with NPC's in some places the table got REALLY bright which is bad. I am not using anything to enhance the game as far as visuals go...can't report anything for today, since it seems my game is unplayable. (See bug report section.)
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."

PC/NA
    @Jaclynn
    GM "The Rogue's Bounty"
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaclynn wrote: »
    I noticed (Prior to today's maint.) That sound was off in a few matches against NPC's where the volume decreased...didn't really bother me, however again with NPC's in some places the table got REALLY bright which is bad. I am not using anything to enhance the game as far as visuals go...can't report anything for today, since it seems my game is unplayable. (See bug report section.)

Yes, I remember that brightness problem, but it was sometimes only, in some places. Now it's worse. The table is darker, with no contrast, with an annoying green tint... everywhere, everytime. I wouldn't mind at all to be able to remove this update. Older problems were better than the new problems. They should have been careful to not ruin the things that weren't a problem before.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now the color of icons with card effects is beige. He used to be white. It used to be better, now you have to peer.

I was going to say I don't see much difference in the before-and-after images, but you're right about the icons on the cards. I've yet to log in and play today, so I haven't seen anything for myself.

My graphics settings must be different than what other players use, because I often see screen captures and streams from other players that look very different from what I see (as far as things like the patron's colors) when I play ToT.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Veryamedliel
    Veryamedliel
    ✭✭✭
    I too dropped a tier. So... here we go again. As if gaining ranks in rubidite wasn't hard enough already..
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

I was going to say I don't see much difference in the before-and-after images, but you're right about the icons on the cards. I've yet to log in and play today, so I haven't seen anything for myself.

My graphics settings must be different than what other players use, because I often see screen captures and streams from other players that look very different from what I see (as far as things like the patron's colors) when I play ToT.

At my end is not only the patrons. That wouldn't be a problem, I think. The problem is that there's an overall intense green/yellow tint, no contrast, no white point, no black point. It's really a mess. Unfortunately I can't stand it much time without getting headaches (I know it's my problem here). But before this unwanted change I was able to play many, many hours.

If you don't see it, maybe it's a conflict with different graphic cards. But everything else in the game seems ok, for now only the ToT table seems to have new problems with light and color. I'm playing on a Nvidia 3070.
  • deano469
    deano469
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. Everything looks faded and washed out with no contrast and a yellow filter applied to the whole screen. Looks terrible and makes it hard on the eyes.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, both! Could one of you possibly post a screenshot of the darker board you're seeing?

I see that ranked ToT returned but the light and colour weren't fixed. Is there any news about it?

I usually play on a calibrated IPS Eizo screen that I also use to work, but meanwhile I was able to test the ToT table on a few different and more conventional screens and in some it's even worse. On an AMOLED screen the problem with the new messy colors is even more eye tiring.

I also tried to remove the excess of green and yellow with a datacolor software but it's not easy or practical to change it in game. Is there any chance to give us an option to play with the original color scheme that was less tiring for the eyes? It would be much appreciated.