The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Ok give it up...how's U35 in PVP?

DigiAngel
DigiAngel
✭✭✭✭✭
Topic. Less Calu ganks?
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's too early to ask this question. I would wait a week or two from now. Some people who aren't caught up on patch notes are probably running gear unaware of changes and will take roughly that much time to re-adjust.

That's usually the adjustment period for a patch before everyone starts running the builds they will for the entire patch. I'd say come back 2 weeks from now with this question and then you'll know how pvp will be
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
    Options
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's fair...I can say my oakensoul bow gankblade initial hit of 30K didn't change, so that's a plus...have yet to get further than that, but thought I'd start the thread.
    Options
  • Kerres
    Kerres
    Soul Shriven
    DigiAngel wrote: »
    That's fair...I can say my oakensoul bow gankblade initial hit of 30K didn't change, so that's a plus...have yet to get further than that, but thought I'd start the thread.

What's the build? Do you have cmx screen for stats?
    Options
  • Unified_Gaming
    Unified_Gaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kerres wrote: »

I can confirm my nightblade went from being strong to God mode. The changes lowered damage but putting concealed weapon gives you the damage and you move faster as well. The other buffs and changes to healing mean you're harder to kill yet people can't heal as quick thus making your killing power even better.

I was streaming last night on YouTube and was landing 18k spectral bows. My Concealed weapon was doing 10k crits constantly and with the change to the stun on concealed weapon, I can now do concealed weapon then medium weave into a spec bow and killers blade. Killers blade does same damage as executioner, is faster to use and heals you so yeah...

Enjoy nb
    Unified Gaming - creating a shared and Unified Gaming community.

For some of the best and most up to date PVP builds around or useful tips and tricks from an experienced player for PvP and PvE, then check out my channel and consider subscribing if you want to see regular ESO content.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCorbta-fAHKJcxJ6ExbtPwg/
    Options
  • WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried a few different things yesterday in no-CP. Ranged Templar is just really not my jam as the class doesn't feel like it's built around it (in the way that Sorc does, for example), and melee Templar is equally unfun to play. Not even because of the nerf to jabs but because of the animation being so goofy that it feels like you're punching into the air. I still have my Sorc, which felt alright as always, but overall it was a disappointing night with clunky fighting.
    PC/EU altaholic | Smallscale & ballgroup healer | Former Empanada of Ravenwatch | @ degonyte in-game | Nibani Ilath-Pal (AD Nightblade) - AvA rank 50 | Jehanne Teymour (AD Sorcerer) - AvA rank 50 | Niria Ilath-Pal (AD Templar) - AvA rank 50
    Options
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's a lot more block holding tanks that take a zerg, coordinated bomb with some squished around, or siege to kill. Mixed with some who just apparently haven't got the memo yet. Maybe some of them already got Maras bakm but I know I didn't and it was easy to stay alive without those conditions
    Edited by TechMaybeHic on August 23, 2022 11:43AM
    Options
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way too many tanky builds and wardens seem a little overtuned
    Options
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hit like a noodle before, still hit like a noodle. Ended up just deciding to run PA and rallying cry. Let my teammates do the heavy lifting while I spam vigor.
    PvP needs more love.
    Options
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody dies (much) - my wrist hurts
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
    Options
  • Sedare38
    Sedare38
    ✭✭✭
    Topic. Less Calu ganks?

less ganking in general (at least against higher mitigation people). Prior to U35 I could take out tanks. Now I can take out squishies or semi-squishies. Damage was reduced, mitigation was not. Healing barely.
    Options
  • Sedare38
    Sedare38
    ✭✭✭

I can confirm my nightblade went from being strong to God mode. The changes lowered damage but putting concealed weapon gives you the damage and you move faster as well. The other buffs and changes to healing mean you're harder to kill yet people can't heal as quick thus making your killing power even better.

I was streaming last night on YouTube and was landing 18k spectral bows. My Concealed weapon was doing 10k crits constantly and with the change to the stun on concealed weapon, I can now do concealed weapon then medium weave into a spec bow and killers blade. Killers blade does same damage as executioner, is faster to use and heals you so yeah...

Enjoy nb

your build?
    Options
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A couple unkillable tanks, will be more as more people equip Mara's.
    Overall players a little harder to kill
    I think I noticed the "usual" Dark convergence/harmony/colossus crutchers weren't as annoying due to the cool down on DC.
    Note that Oakensoul still has 3 major buffs and 11 (!) minor buffs. It is not quite as strong but you can still build around it.
    I think since Nocturnal's ploy was changed to every 15 seconds it may not be as strong but could still be a component of a ball group
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Tribune
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Tribune
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
    Options
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Enjoy nb

I don't know if this was the NB I was fighting on PC NA GH, who is well known there, but I can confirm the one I was fighting was doing 16k spectral bows and strong concealed weapon hits.
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Tribune
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Tribune
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
    Options
  • Cast_El
    Cast_El
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bad. People don't die. NB hit hard and they're tankier
    Options
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dmg is way lower, which I dont mind.
    Wardens are back to tank gods, but the 9 second wait for the strong hit of shalks kinda requires them to be.
    Templar, I found a decent build for my stamplar, and now also using jbeam, beacuse it incredibly strong, jabs is kinda meh, but i threw on a dot proc to compensate.
    Ranged templar also seems great, again jbeam is on steroids atm, and proccing burning light with beam in execute range is incredibly deadly.

Dk dots deal next to no dmg, my light armor magplar was out healing them with just the heal from rune focus, but whip still hits hard, thankfully perms corrosive dks arent here anymore.

Nb seems very good, the damage without oaken and caluu is nowhere near as last patch, but still very good.

The best part is no bow sorcs proccing savage werewolf 8 times in 1 gcd shenanigans anymore.

Overall things are looking allright, until ppl start picking up their mara pieces.

Hopefully the incoming nerf for it will be substantial enough.
    Options
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cast_El wrote: »

Those two statements are incompatible.

I'm deleting people with a very simple NB bow build. Easily better than Savage Werewolf bow sorc was. ZOS really overloaded the class with goodies in U35. Necro is still bombing effectively, and works reasonably well using the same bow build as the NB (minus 10% extra damage, 10% crit, 15% speed, cloak.....).

I don't think I'm seeing a lot of players with mara's balm yet, which might negatively impact me, but I think it will be nerfed to useless soon, and I'll stay in business.

Options
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    katorga wrote: »

I'm deleting people with a very simple NB bow build. Easily better than Savage Werewolf bow sorc was. ZOS really overloaded the class with goodies in U35. Necro is still bombing effectively, and works reasonably well using the same bow build as the NB (minus 10% extra damage, 10% crit, 15% speed, cloak.....).

I don't think I'm seeing a lot of players with mara's balm yet, which might negatively impact me, but I think it will be nerfed to useless soon, and I'll stay in business.

Depends on where you go. Can fight people and neither of us are really at risk of dieing barring a huge screw up. Then a zerg pushing in the keep, getting 3 and 4 killing blow clusters at a time, several times
    Options
  • Dem_kitkats1
    Dem_kitkats1
    ✭✭✭✭

Those statements make sense to me lol. Glass cannon NBs are all cannon and no glass now. They can kill you in 2 shots, but they are significantly more difficult kill in return. Unless you have the significant burst potential of a NB or Necro, on other classes it's difficult to kill players after the changes to damage in U35. And with Mara it'll be worse.
    Edited by Dem_kitkats1 on August 24, 2022 3:01PM
    Options
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glass cannon NBs are all cannon and no glass now. They can kill you in 2 shots

Nah glass cannons are still easy kills and how did you get 2 shotted after update 35? Got to see the death recap with 2 abilities to believe that in update 35.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
    Options
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NB this patch. Others are meh.

Those statements make sense to me lol. Glass cannon NBs are all cannon and no glass now. They can kill you in 2 shots, but they are significantly more difficult kill in return. Unless you have the significant burst potential of a NB or Necro, on other classes it's difficult to kill players after the changes to damage in U35. And with Mara it'll be worse.

People don't die is incompatible with the statement that NB kills you in two shots.

People die very easily to one class.

Options
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

People don't die is incompatible with the statement that NB kills you in two shots.

We should give it a few more days, before deeming everything else meh.
    I'm having a blast on ranged plar, jbeam shreds ppl, and being able to proc burning light while executing with beam made it even more deadly then before.
    Options
  • Kerres
    Kerres
    Soul Shriven
    NBs sucks now, no point playing them for ganking (too low burst for always ready buffed necros and dks), for brawling there are better options (2 said before)
    Options
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBs sucks now

huh? We playing the same game?

This is literally what nightblade could do last patch and they have even more loaded buffs in their toolkit now compared to last patch
    d7a1454ae2be9b05a09af06f541f597c.jpg

Options
  • Kerres
    Kerres
    Soul Shriven
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »

what nightblade could do last patch

doesn't matter, this patch the burst dmg got lower even with as you said "more loaded buffs" xD and tanks got tankier, you still wipe squishies but that was always a thing, now tanks are a problem
    Options
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »

what nightblade could do last patch

doesn't matter, this patch the burst dmg got lower even with as you said "more loaded buffs" xD and tanks got tankier, you still wipe squishies but that was always a thing, now tanks are a problem

Not sure how that makes nightblade suck any more than it did before. If anything nightblade is one of the better off classes. Fear now doubling as a cc and defensive ability cause it guts your opponents damage by a huge margin.

Concealed weapon 10% damage. 20k bows are gonna make 25k bow procs easy to achieve now.

Full health heal off reapers mark and 10 second major berserk when target dies (you don't even need to kill them, it just procs when they die with the mark on them). Nightblade gank groups can potentially be unkillable because of full health heal, just target the same person in ganks and keep getting full HP heals from the stupid "when target dies" stipulation and a huge boost to their damage from the major berserk they get as well

Killers blade being a better execute than executioner with a burst heal attached to it
    Blur now giving reduced dodge roll cost meaning nightblades tankiness are gonna be increased substantially because they can dodge way more than before

There's no way you saw the nightblade changes and seriously thought "nightblade sucks now". The only sucky change they got was removing the stun off veiled strike.
    But they got a serious buff to both offensive and defensive capabilities.
    Edited by xDeusEJRx on August 24, 2022 11:54PM

Options
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBs sucks now, no point playing them for ganking (too low burst for always ready buffed necros and dks), for brawling there are better options (2 said before)

We don't suck, but we are not nearly as mega op as people are trying to make it seem. Nb buffs were pretty good actually, but its offset by calurions getting nerfed. Personally I would much rather have a 10k proc crit then a 10% boost to damage. Zenimax knew 90% of nbs were using calurions and they gave us decent compensation for nerfing it into oblivion.

Dks/templars are still dominating every other class and necros still got their bomb cheese. Seeing some people jump on the nb bandwagon that normally play dk/templar and they are getting destroyed. "The best"(or so I have been told) NB pc na has been logging in and he himself is getting dumpstered. I really don't think nb is all that much better if even he is getting smoked. The hype will die out and people will return to their easy classes.
    Edited by xxslam48xxb14_ESO on August 25, 2022 2:33PM
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
    Options
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

We should give it a few more days, before deeming everything else meh.
    I'm having a blast on ranged plar, jbeam shreds ppl, and being able to proc burning light while executing with beam made it even more deadly then before.

Fair enough. I don't play a templar and no clue how they will shake out. Can templars even learn to play without jabs? :D

added:

If I recall correctly there were some Templar ranged gank builds way back using dark flare, might have to dust my templar off and try something similar with the changes to beam, the unblockable ranged stun.

Edited by katorga on August 25, 2022 8:55PM
    Options
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play no cp only and this patch seems a great improvement from last.
    Options
  • Drauz
    Drauz
    ✭✭✭
    Warden investation
    Options
  • Vetixio
    Vetixio
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBs and DKs are still top tier. Its nice to see more Wardens back again tho after they haven't been doing great the last couple patches!
    Pìerre - Breton Vampire Templar, Grand Overlord. Erádàn - Bosmer Templar, Warlord. Vyríc - Imperial Vampire Necromancer, Centurion. Sybìl - Breton Sorcerer, Centurion. Erìch - Nord Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Njàll - Nord Templar, Lieutenant. Elánnà - Bosmer Warden, Veteran. Laquì - Redguard Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Noveni Dres - Dunmer Sorcerer, Lieutenant. Marìnus - Imperial Warden, Veteran. Arvyn Indoril - Dunmer Templar, Sergeant. Rósalyn - Breton Sorcerer, Corporal. Emelîn - Bosmer Dragonknight, Corporal. Astaroth Indoril - Dunmer Sorcerer.
    Options