Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

EMP ADVICE

DaisyRay
DaisyRay
✭✭✭
Hihi!

It's Daisy, your lovable pvper.

I've been asking everyone for advice on getting emp during midyear and was curious to ask for advice outside my faction too. Just so I can have an all around idea of what I want/need to do. It would be my first time ever getting it, but I would really like to have this achievement among others. So if you have any advice, please do share.
Edited by DaisyRay on July 24, 2022 6:19PM
⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ DaisyRay ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Play 24 hours a day. The competion to get emp is at its highest during the midyear mayhem. Wearing Mora's Whispers also boosts your and get the delve boss boost.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • DaisyRay
    DaisyRay
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you! I have never even heard of this mythic, but I'll get it now.
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would not recommend newer PVPers risking their mental and physical wellbeing playing 20 hour days just for emp when there's smarter ways of doing it as a better player.

If you can put in 6 hours a day as a decent bomber, you're easily on track for 1M AP even outside of MYM with zero bonuses. During MYM, I suspect EMPing will be a lot harder because bombers will be getting lucky 1M+ D-ticks here and there with 2x AP and low pop bonus etc. Outside of actual PVP playstyle, I can only offer the following generic tips:

1. Play solo or duo to maximize combat ticks and defensive ticks.
    2. Only time you should ever be with the faction stack is to leech a free O-tick.
    3. Delve buff is a waste of time.
    4. If AP/h ever dips below 100k/hr log out and try again later when map is more active.
  • DaisyRay
    DaisyRay
    ✭✭✭

I don't honestly think I could do twenty hours even if I tried. Pvp makes me so exhausted after playing for more than a few hours.

If you don't have a bomber is there a second you might consider? I notice a lot of healers get emp, but I think they are 4-5 man groups. I have a necro, but I messed up and made her a redguard so idk if she would work for this.

I'm surprised and not surprised to hear the delve buff being a waste. While it has helped me reach the top 10 in GH, I didn't realize that everyone gets the buff. Which means the boss is never up when I go there and I sometimes miss when keeps are flipped.

Ty for all the tips! It makes sense it would be harder to do it during the event since I'm sure there are many other first timers. It's fine if I don't get emp, I won't be mad. I just want to try.
  • Thecompton73
    Thecompton73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaisyRay wrote: »
    Hihi!

I've been asking everyone for advice on getting emp during midyear and was curious to ask for advice outside my faction too. Just so I can have an all around idea of what I want/need to do. It would be my first time ever getting it, but I would really like to have this achievement among others. So if you have any advice, please do share.

I'm assuming you're going to attempt the get Emp in one of the extra campaign's they open. So I'd say:

1) the easiest time to get it is the first day the campaign starts. Getting it at any time after that is going to require playing 12-15 hours per day every day to keep up with the other few people who can devote that much time to the game.

2) Before the new campaigns open pick up all the assignments you can turn in for AP from the boards in an existing campaign and do them, then wait till the new campaign opens and turn them in there. Get the delve buff and the MYM buff before you turn them all in. Make sure you keep doing and turning them in for the AP asap after that.

3) After the first round of turning in assignments only spend time picking the delve buff back up when there is nothing going on at all on the map and only at delves short rides from owned keeps/outposts like the one right behind ***. Be careful in poplocked campaigns as you can get stuck in a delve for 5-10 minutes sometimes before it lets you back out. If you go in and the boss isn't up don't wait around. Remember every keep take you miss out on is a huge AP loss and it's hard to make more than one back up through the buff.

4) Be at every keep take you can and either be healing as many allies as you can or doing as much damage to as many enemies as you can with AOE's. If you're the first person to do a bunch of damage to a group of enemies you'll get a big chunk of their AP even if a bunch of your allies zerg them down and actually kill them.

Also, Mora's gets applied to your alliance rank and skill gain calculations, not to the actual scoreboard so it's not going to help you get EMP.
    Edited by Thecompton73 on July 25, 2022 12:55PM
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea make sure you are in the keeps when being attacked. ESO rewards defensive ticks over attacking.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • DaisyRay
    DaisyRay
    ✭✭✭
    I've learned that mistake. When I tried this camp, I was specifically told to start grinding as soon as the camp starts. I was sleepy though and decided I'd just catch up the next day. I underestimated how hard that would be. I grinded to the top ten and then just gave up. So this time I'll stay up and do it right.

I appreciate the advice on the assignments, that makes so much sense. I'll do it just like that.

Thank you everyone for all the advice! I appreciate it so very much.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Step 1: Have a life outside of Cyrodiil.
    Step 2: Lose it.
    PvP needs more love.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hi daisy ray,

maybe have a toon where you get yourself set up with the pelinal's buff, delve bonus and completed quests...

put them in mothballs for a couple of months after the mayhem period...

hopefully you can get a jump on everyone else this way when a new campaign begins...
    Edited by geonsocal on July 26, 2022 6:08AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • DaisyRay
    DaisyRay
    ✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    hi daisy ray,

maybe have a toon where you get yourself set up with the pelinal's buff, delve bonus and completed quests...

hopefully you can get a jump on everyone else this way when a new campaign begins...

Thank you! I'll consider this as a back up plan if I fail during the event. Though it makes me feel like I'm cheating a little if I do that lol.
  • DaisyRay
    DaisyRay
    ✭✭✭
    BuildMan wrote: »
    Step 1: Have a life outside of Cyrodiil.
    Step 2: Lose it.

:D:'(
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm lazy enough to just get it on one of the new, dead campaigns on the first day or so and after I got it, abandon it for the next person. :#
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hi daisy ray,

Thank you! I'll consider this as a back up plan if I fail during the event. Though it makes me feel like I'm cheating a little if I do that lol.

You know what will really feel like cheating? When you do it legit and have to give up because #1 is boosting with his cross alliance friends and won't drop Emp until he's paid 4 million gold.

Said it before and I will say it again. Only allow 1 Emp per account per campaign.
    PvP needs more love.
  • DaisyRay
    DaisyRay
    ✭✭✭
    BuildMan wrote: »
    hi daisy ray,

You know what will really feel like cheating? When you do it legit and have to give up because #1 is boosting with his cross alliance friends and won't drop Emp until he's paid 4 million gold.

Said it before and I will say it again. Only allow 1 Emp per account per campaign.

Fair.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    My advice is to try and get it in Ravenwatch and NOT during the event. I got mine recently getting about 2mil AP within the 1st 2-3 days of the campaign-month. There are so few players there that if you play a lot and are in an active alliance that's taking lots of keeps and resources during that time it won't be too difficult to get.

I agree that during the event the number of overall players doing PVP is + several hundred % so it's literally the worst time to try.

I also have a couple years of PVP experience and a really good class and build. If you're new to PVP or can't play 5-10 hrs a day minimum (also during peak hours) IMO you won't have much luck. You also need help from your guild/faction. But playing time will be a huge factor. Even after getting the points lead you need a group to go take the 6-emp keeps and emp so I highly suggest you have 5-10 players supporting your bid. This means being a member of an active PVP guild.
    Edited by malistorr on July 27, 2022 8:53PM
  • DaisyRay
    DaisyRay
    ✭✭✭
    malistorr wrote: »
    My advice is to try and get it in Ravenwatch and NOT during the event. I got mine recently getting about 2mil AP within the 1st 2-3 days of the campaign-month. There are so few players there that if you play a lot and are in an active alliance that's taking lots of keeps and resources during that time it won't be too difficult to get.

I agree that during the event the number of overall players doing PVP is + several hundred % so it's literally the worst time to try.

I also have a couple years of PVP experience and a really good class and build. If you're new to PVP or can't play 5-10 hrs a day minimum (also during peak hours) IMO you won't have much luck. You also need help from your guild/faction. But playing time will be a huge factor. Even after getting the points lead you need a group to go take the 6-emp keeps and emp so I highly suggest you have 5-10 players supporting your bid. This means being a member of an active PVP guild.

Thank you! I appreciate this a lot. Another friend suggested I try Ravenwatch, so I'll leave that door open if all else fails.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make sure to have a good no-proc build if you go. Most sets don't work there.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i got my emps after the midyear when the 7 day are still left active, they are completely dead post-event
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • DaisyRay
    DaisyRay
    ✭✭✭
    I'll probably have to do that, lol I already messed up my emp run. I had fun though!
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll probably have to do that, lol I already messed up my emp run. I had fun though!

if the 7 day camps are still active after the event ends and they become dead, you usually only need about 100-400k AP to top emp leaderboard
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • DaisyRay
    DaisyRay
    ✭✭✭
    Actually I'm just going to not try. I only wanted it to say I did it. Trying so hard to focus on points really takes the fun out of pvp and it's not that important to me. I'm just going to enjoy the event and maybe in a few years if I still play this game I'll try again.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hihi!

Why do you need the emp title?

Getting the Emp title during events like this is a lot of work and planning and non-stop playing.

My advice is don't go for it now or you will burn trying and will never want to pvp again.

• DaisyRay
    DaisyRay
    ✭✭✭
    Didgerion wrote: »
    Hihi!

Getting the Emp title during events like this is a lot of work and planning and non-stop playing.

My advice is don't go for it now or you will burn trying and will never want to pvp again.

I agree, it gave me a headache. I honestly just enjoy pvp for what it is. I can get the title later on after I've played pvp longer.
  • ArgonianAustin
    ArgonianAustin
    ✭✭✭
    Me and my brother have played since console release and pvp 90% of the time. Finally we both emped last event but, sadly we did finally take the event seriously and poured like probably 15 hours a day, or more. Infact we overly did it that my brother emped a second time. But main that was a rush to finally become emp and my stamblade felt invincible, this ball group that was a nuisance couldnt kill me which felt pretty awesome. Its cool becoming emp on a non bomb build because it just takes your survivability single target build to the next level. I fought my brother with my cross alliance characters and it didnt feel like he was only doubled in strength. It felt like 10x stronger, couldnt dent his hp with any of my characters and usually our nb builds are kinda squishy brawler types.
    Just a Lizard Man that plays ESO with my twin brother khajiit_kyle
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Didgerion wrote: »

I'd love to get the throne furnishing but no way I can ever devote enough time to get it.
  • DaisyRay
    DaisyRay
    ✭✭✭
    Lol I didn't think it was as bad as it was, despite all of you and my AD fam telling me it was hard. Going for EMP really messed me up. Mentally, physically, and emotionally lol. I only wanted the achievement because I love PVP and that achievement is like a "You Made It" kind of stamp. One day I will get EMP, I'm patient so it does not need to be now.
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome info if it's all correct. Just goes to show how complicated this game is. Personally I'd rather just play and have fun rather than turning the experience into a study and math homework but I definitely appreciate anyone who took the time to put that all together for people interested. I got my emp by going to Ravenwatch and playing 8-10 hrs/day for the 1st couple days of the campaign. I was running with 2-10 guildies and we took plenty of keeps and resources during that time and emped about 5 of us. I highly suggest this as a method of getting emp for anyone looking for that still. Trying to get it in BR or GH you better be with a big group and be playing probably 15hrs min./day and get any delve buffs you can. I don't cheat and never have but I've heard there are ways to accelerate your AP gathering. It's pretty obvious who's doing it just by looking at the top 10 list.
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hihi!

Just fix walls and doors like every other Former Emp. No skill required. Just play more hours