The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Gamepad issue

morph1976
morph1976
hey guys just wondering if anyone has had the same issue since the update, all the buttons on my Xbox Elite pad work except for the RT button (the light and heavy attack button). i have set the game to gamepad mode ON which hasn't worked, i have tried the pad on a different game and it works just fine, i have disabled all addons in case on of them was causing the issue, i have tested the gamepad using the xbox accessories app and all is working fine. i have tried re-installing drivers for it. it worked fine just before the patch. does anyone have any other suggestions other than getting used to KB+M
Edited by ZOS_Bill on September 7, 2022 2:50PM
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I havent got the update yet as I am on console, but I know you can bind buttons on pc. Has it been unbound for some reason? Maybe try bnding it again
    Soupy twist
  • morph1976
    morph1976
    fizl101 wrote: »
    I havent got the update yet as I am on console, but I know you can bind buttons on pc. Has it been unbound for some reason? Maybe try bnding it again

yeah all buttons are bound but for some reason still not working. not had an issue with pad in 5 years of using it. thanks for reply
  • morph1976
    morph1976
    ok so for anyone else gets the issue, had the launch the game in gamepad mode and now it works as it did.
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the same issue...how do you launch the game in gamepad mode?
  • Memory_In_Motion
    Memory_In_Motion
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had issues with my gamepad and i had to go into steam and check the settings because somehow some other option besides xbox contoller and generic controller were selected in addidition to those two. nintendo switch for on and some other. My cats certainly didnt modify my options. steam settings controller and see what's what.
  • morph1976
    morph1976
    DigiAngel wrote: »
    I have the same issue...how do you launch the game in gamepad mode?

go into settings in game and turn off all keyboard settings, 4 in total then the game should launch in pad mode. soon as i logged in, pad working again then able to toggle between keyboard and pad again
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome..thank you!
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thanks for the update regarding your controller issue. With the issue now resolved, we will go ahead and close this discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.