Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Error 209 when launching launcher after servers started up

Djennku
Djennku
✭✭✭✭✭
Had this error occur after the servers went back up. I've done everything suggested in the support page and nothing has changed. I am unable to play the game, and only able to repair the live server.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on August 31, 2022 2:32PM
@Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
Vamp and WW bites available for players.
Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • Jaclynn
    Jaclynn
    ✭✭✭
    I am also in a repair loop. X3. Tried reinstalling, still wants me to repair, but tells me another program (probably the game itself) is interfering. (Yes, I turned off TTC, and EHT.) Restaring computer now...will try again....nope...still shows repair after restart. Unable to play.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."

PC/NA
    @Jaclynn
    GM "The Rogue's Bounty"
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi all, what are you trying to play on? PC, Mac, or Stadia?
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Jaclynn
    Jaclynn
    ✭✭✭
    Pc....this after reinstall: 01qokqorhnh7.jpg
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."

PC/NA
    @Jaclynn
    GM "The Rogue's Bounty"
  • Jaclynn
    Jaclynn
    ✭✭✭
    Now not sure what to do @ZOS_Kevin

PC/NA
    @Jaclynn
    GM "The Rogue's Bounty"
  • Jaclynn
    Jaclynn
    ✭✭✭
    Series of events:
    Upon seeing that maintenance was complete, I clicked Launcher. It updated whatever it was supposed to then, an error message popped up asking me to repair.

I clicked repair, and let it do it's thing. (Takes forever)

When it was done, it told me that it could not complete because another app (probably the game) was running.

It was not.

Closed launcher and tried again, 3 times.

Restarted computer.

Clicked Launcher.

Repair prompt again.

Uninstalled game,

Reinstalled game, which took a suspiciously short time to complete.

Clicked launcher.... Fatal error.

The only thing I have not done is unplug the computer, and plug it back in...can you guys maybe do that to the server? :wink:
    @ZOS_Kevin

PC/NA
    @Jaclynn
    GM "The Rogue's Bounty"
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the info, @Jaclynn. We're following up with the team now with your feedback to investigate. We'll follow up with any additional questions or info.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Jaclynn
    Jaclynn
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you, and Please let me know what I can do on my end if anything, I'm having serious withdrawls.

PC/NA
    @Jaclynn
    GM "The Rogue's Bounty"
  • Jaclynn
    Jaclynn
    ✭✭✭
    Update: For some inexplicable reason, PTS server allows me to log in....smh.

PC/NA
    @Jaclynn
    GM "The Rogue's Bounty"
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hey @Jaclynn, can you get me the game consultant file from from your patcher either directly to you (via DM please as this has private information) or to Customer Service via a support ticket (for data safety), we can pass that on to our patcher team to look at.

Here is the page the consultant file is located on.
    cg5vh0ftjywr.png
    Staff Post
  • Jaclynn
    Jaclynn
    ✭✭✭
    Will do.

PC/NA
    @Jaclynn
    GM "The Rogue's Bounty"
  • Jaclynn
    Jaclynn
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin

I Uninstalled all add ons, and clicked repair on the launcher sub menu. Game seems to be working. Will try to reinstall add ons tomorrow, if anything weird happens I will let you know. Thanks again for your help!

PC/NA
    @Jaclynn
    GM "The Rogue's Bounty"
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi all, what are you trying to play on? PC, Mac, or Stadia?

Just got the notifications for this. @ZOS_Kevin

I'm on a win 10 PC. Sent in a ticket and it's been a constant back and forth trying to get a helpful response instead of the automatic 'have you tried this?, we need these files from your pc, we need more files, please run this program and send us the info' all to end up on 'we see you are having this error, have you tried (insert the whole page from ESO support here even though I explicitly said in my starting post that I tried everything first and nothing changed or helped my issue).

I'm at my wits end, and it is likely not even an error on my end, but every response is a complete rehash of what sounds like automated responses. I'm extremely frustrated and none of the email responses so far have actually read anything I wrote back, because they are STILL asking the same automated questions.

I just want to be able to use my launcher and play the game from it. The error is 209, and my ticket for support is: 220822-001384

Please get back to me with anything that can help.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Btw, the issue only started after the servers went back up, and the error persists through all troubleshooting I've done, including every available step of the error page on eso support, and updating/reinstalling my drivers.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin Is there any way I can get someone who knows what's going on to help me with my issue? Support so far has been asking the same questions with the same requests over and over. Ty
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Djennku

We have sent you a forum PM with an update on your current ticket.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post