Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO no longer starts on Macs after the patch!

Nyseto
Nyseto
✭✭✭
After the recent Lost Depths patch, ESO will no longer start from the launcher and I am not the only one having this issue. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the launcher, restarted my Mac, ran a repair, and it still won't work. GinaBruno said in a thread concerning the same issue that it in 2020 it was mentioned that ESO only runs on intel-based Macs and is not supported on ARM-based Macs which includes the newer Macs with the silicone chip. However, I have been playing ESO for the past 2 months on my Mac with a silicone chip without any issues, in fact I just played last night. I just bought this game and ESO+, as well as spent some extra $ in the crown store and now after 2 months with this update, it won't launch anymore. This is some BS

Edit: tried submitting a ticket to tech support and it was asking for a game consultant file before I could proceed. Upon trying to run the game consultant, it wasn't working either.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on August 23, 2022 12:02AM
  • lonnml
    lonnml
    ✭✭✭
    Just move to stadia. They provide very limited support (I have never received a response to the variety of tickets I’ve sent) to Mac (and I have intel! It stopped working as of macOS Monterrey)

I switched to stadia a few months ago and I’ve been loving it despite no add-ons. I mostly only play Battlegrounds too.
  • Nyseto
    Nyseto
    ✭✭✭
    lonnml wrote: »
    Just move to stadia. They provide very limited support (I have never received a response to the variety of tickets I’ve sent) to Mac (and I have intel! It stopped working as of macOS Monterrey)

I switched to stadia a few months ago and I’ve been loving it despite no add-ons. I mostly only play Battlegrounds too.

Stadia is cloud gaming, correct? Isn't cloud gaming kinda bleh especially for multiplayer since you need a really strong internet connection? Plus Stadia is $10 a month if I'm not mistaken. Not that $10 is breaking the bank, but now I would have to fork out another $10 a month on top of ESO+ just so I can play ESO.

And it was working on Monterey past two months and last night.
    Edited by Nyseto on August 22, 2022 11:51PM
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/615494/game-wont-launch-on-mac-since-update#latest

That thread has become the defacto official thread on this issue.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Hey there,

Due to there already being a thread discussing "Game won't launch on Mac since update" we are going to close this down so that you may continue the discussion here. Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.