The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[BUG!] "Moongave Fane" group dungeon has door malfunction

AvalonRanger
AvalonRanger
✭✭✭✭✭
[BUG!] "Moongave Fane" group dungeon has door malfunction
Can't through the door after second boss phase.
Very annoying bug for every players, and still not fixed yet.
Not only this dungeon, but also other dungeon still has this type of bugs.
Re-queue for those type of bug is extremely time wasting, so must fix it immediately.
My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC-NA server.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hey @AvalonRanger thanks for the report. Are you able to provide any additional details that may help us reproduce this issue? You mention that "other dungeons have this type of bug" as well. Which dungeons? And it is specifically doors? Is it everyone in your party or just you?

Lastly, is this new as of today, or was it happening before today's update?
    Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on August 22, 2022 6:40PM
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • NiteFire
    NiteFire
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    I play on the PlayStation NA server and had this bug about a month ago at the same spot OP is describing. We tried all dying and respawning at beginning of dungeon, we looked for any trash mobs we might have missed. Nothing worked and we couldn't finish the dungeon
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    NiteFire wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    I play on the PlayStation NA server and had this bug about a month ago at the same spot OP is describing. We tried all dying and respawning at beginning of dungeon, we looked for any trash mobs we might have missed. Nothing worked and we couldn't finish the dungeon

Thank you, @NiteFire! These details are helpful.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • NiteFire
    NiteFire
    ✭✭✭
    I want to add this also happened on Lair of Maarselok dungeon and the final barrier would not dissapear
  • SavySnapdragon
    SavySnapdragon
    Soul Shriven
    If you want video footage, it happened during my stream this past week. Skip to about 2:46:30 to see the point where it happened and our attempts to fix it. This is on PC NA.
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC-NA server.
    NiteFire wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Same here in PC^NA server.

2023/12/21
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @AvalonRanger thanks for the report. Are you able to provide any additional details that may help us reproduce this issue? You mention that "other dungeons have this type of bug" as well. Which dungeons? And it is specifically doors? Is it everyone in your party or just you?

Lastly, is this new as of today, or was it happening before today's update?

You mention that "other dungeons have this type of bug"...

I saw similar malfunction of the door at the "Lair of maarselok" of before last of dragon boss fighting,
    and "Fanged Lair" also. Can't remember everything , sorry. It's a rare case, but it actually happened sometimes.
    (Imperial Prison is OK, no those type of bugs)

<2022/08/22 After patch in PC-NA server, but it' had happened before patched.>
    Yesterday, me and my team mate try to find out mob enemy which we didn't kill it in Moongrave.
    Head back to every map location and searching it, but we couldn't find out just one remaining mob enemy.
    In that time, we've skipped mob enemy at the starting point of the dungeon.
    (some crocodiles in the water pond)

Maybe...

Door lock up function should be only for the boss room. Remove "lock-up flag" from mob enemy.
    Otherwise, this malfunction will happen.

2023/12/21
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want video footage, it happened during my stream this past week. Skip to about 2:46:30 to see the point where it happened and our attempts to fix it. This is on PC NA.

2:46:30 This! :# We got this door malfunction. It's a same bug which we've gotten.

2023/12/21
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never seen door malfunction bug in the public dungeon.
    So, it may have something relationship with grouping system.

How about check some "game flag" of the grouping mechanics?

2023/12/21
  • Deritha_DA
    Deritha_DA
    Soul Shriven
    Want to add White gold tower, door not opening after large room where 3 (or more) sets of portals with adds usually spawn.

Also blessed crucible, door to stinger boss not opening.

Also (seems related) falkreath cernunnon respawning/resetting weirdly.

And I am forgetting one I think cauldron with a door bugged.

All of these seem new to me, but maybe I am mistaken. But what they do seem to have in common is that it was on normal with strong groups burning adds/bosses super (too) fast. Feels like certain trigger points were skipped? PC NA

Thanks
    Edited by Deritha_DA on August 28, 2022 9:42PM
  • Majkiy
    Majkiy
    ✭✭✭
    This whole f game has door malfunction bug, every single dungeon with doors gets bugged, no deaths too.
  • dutchusuk
    dutchusuk
    ✭✭✭
    Banished cell 1 the first door didn't open today.
  • Indigogo
    Indigogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had this bug today soloing moongrave.
    Occurring at the first door of the "Moonlight's Mausoleum" section.
    Everything is dead, not in combat. I note trying to stealth I'm discovered, even though there is no adds around.

This is on top of not being able to solo Spindleclutch 2 previous to this. After the atro trio, I couldn't go further as I was dragged back via encounter in progress - I was alone and everything was dead.

2 failed dungeons in a row due to bugs. I shut the game off.

*edit* I cooled off and tried again. Was able to get through this time as an open archway, no door block.
    Edited by Indigogo on September 1, 2022 12:22PM
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are some other problematic doors in dungeons that I can remember off the top of my head...

- Wayrest Sewers 1: Door after 'Uulgarg the Hungry' boss.
    - Wayrest Sewers 2: Door after 'Uulgarg the Risen' boss.
    - Blackheart Haven: Door after 'Hollow Heart' boss.

The problem with these doors seems to be because you're stuck in combat and can't use even though there are no enemies in sight. Just have to wait until it decides to let you use it. These are base game dungeons and they have been like this for years.

- The Dread Cellar: Locked gate door after the first group of 'Boltworm' enemies. Labeled as impossible to unlock (or something) and can only be unlocked after killing the Boltworms.

This door just randomly bugs and will not unlock at all. It is not caused by being stuck in combat. Have not found a way to open it if it bugs, just have to abandon dungeon. This is a DLC dungeon so don't know how long it's been like this.