Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

character restore

eveboufa
eveboufa
✭✭
How long does it take for a character restore? I just moved over from console to PC and after grinding away and making it to CP 340, I deleted the character in error (thought I was deleting another one). I can’t believe I did this 😡😭 I submitted ticket 220815-002396.

@ZOS_Bill can you help? I did this about 30 minutes ago.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on August 17, 2022 2:52PM

Best Answers

• ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @eveboufa There are going to be other tickets infront of yours. Tickets are taken care of in the order they are received in, so please allow more time for the customer service team to get back to you.

We will make sure your ticket is in the right place though. Please note, submitting a new ticket will just reset your place, and take longer for your ticket to be addressed.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
    Answer ✓
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @eveboufa

We have sent you a forum PM with the latest update regarding your character issue.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
    Answer ✓
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't loose you CP progress. As soon you level up a character to level 50 it will become CP340 instantly.

Leveling a new character is pretty quick.
    Leveling up skill lines and guilds is what takes a lot of time.

Edited by Didgerion on August 15, 2022 7:49PM
  • eveboufa
    eveboufa
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin yhank you for the reply. I was just concerned it was a timing thing — ie if I wait to long, no viable backup will have my character information is all (I don’t know how far back these go back).

Support has replied to me asking me to empty my bank before they proceed so I will now wait 🙂
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Glad they got back to you! Feel free to ping if you need anything else.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • eveboufa
    eveboufa
    ✭✭
    I just wanted to post an update on the forum in case anyone else finds themselves in a similar situation.

I emailed support about 20 minutes after I realized I had deleted a character I had not intended on deleting. They responded quite quickly. I was told a restore wasn’t guaranteed. I needed to confirm some character information, and empty my bank before they could proceed. After a few hours, I received confirmation that the restore had been successful. My cp, progress on all my skill lines and inventory were intact.

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thank you for the update that your character restoration was successful!

Since the issue has now been resolved, we are going to close this discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.