Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

This is sparta? (Aedric spear templar build)

Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
✭✭✭
Description

Yes I know theres a lot of aedric spear based build around. Ive been considering the idea of making a Leonidas style character for quite a while so here is a build based on using aedric spear. While I did include werewolf in the perk (ultimate generation) this build could as well just had been played as vampire by replacing the healing ritual with invigorating drain. Ill need to make some test with WW before im sure about that. Regardless this is somewhat a tanking build. The principe is quite simple, hack at them with your spear block those hits like if you where a myrmidon and heal trought it with healing ritual! (I have no idea so far if stamina or magicka is the source of damage for aedric spear so ill go for the simplyest belief and think its magicka). This build is designed for tanking as a Templar and involve as such quite a bit of sword shield ability (didn't Spartans use spear sword and shield anyway?)

http://esobuild.com/?AwblCZxA6BmBGacBGICsAzAXAdmgQ32WQFNoAOYK2A8KgYywBYD9zxYs0L97XGW4AGxDk2RJibBwWRBnrpgQ6U0SxgaJfQzRlTAJwlVcDVoxAA==

How to use

Well likely you will want to keep that armor high but the main fun is that you heal from the enemy caster projectiles and may reflect very deadly ability back at the monsters while having a good source of healing. Bar one is used for pve farming while Bar two is used for pve tanking and you can switch to either one depending on your needs.

PRO

Look like this build is both viable for heavy aoe damage and tanking, its able to heal damage from caster projectile got a very good amount of armor and got an emergency healing ability. This build also use both its stamina and magicka resource for damage and defence wich is somewhat balanced

CON

Well I guess if you realy hate on Templar Aedric spear your likely gunna hate this build
Edited by Kyubi_3002b16_ESO on May 2, 2014 2:49PM
One bow to darken the sun
One bow to unite the clans
One bow to conquer the world and in darkness drown it...

- Prophecy of the tyranny of the sun
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it does look just like every other templar aedric spear build. With all the shield smashing Leonidas did you never considered powerbash?
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I did but I considered the fact that you can just deal that damage with the regular passive bonus. Shield ability are few in the build because you only realy need the projectile block and the armor increase stab taunt. The power bash shield ability isn't mendatory because aedric spear already got similar ability wich also deals stuns Note that aedric spear build don't all use a sword and shield in heavy armor setup lot of them are In clothes. I like sun shield in the tanking build because stacking health is done quite easily and its damage shield is based on total HP
    Edited by Kyubi_3002b16_ESO on May 2, 2014 2:54PM
    One bow to darken the sun
    One bow to unite the clans
    One bow to conquer the world and in darkness drown it...

- Prophecy of the tyranny of the sun