Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

motif question

Trae12
Trae12
I have a motif for a robe I want to use as a skin. I see the ability to craft it at a bench but i want it in my outfit section to use it as a skin. Do I just craft a basic jute robe as that style and deconstruct it or how do I get it as a skin to place on non-crafted robes?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 15, 2022 11:07AM
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can use the motif at any outfit station, no matter what style the gear you're wearing is. Applying the motif usually costs some gold.

You can find outfit stations in several cities. The one I usually went to before I put one into a house is in Evermore (Bangkorai).
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Trae12
    Trae12
    joerginger wrote: »
    You can use the motif at any outfit station, no matter what style the gear you're wearing is. Applying the motif usually costs some gold.

You can find outfit stations in several cities. The one I usually went to before I put one into a house is in Evermore (Bangkorai).

Ok thank you for answering, Im aware of how to apply unlocked skins to gear. My question was specific to how do you get the motif from a consumable scroll in your bag to the outfit station selection? Is it as simple as just consuming it and it goes there or does it need to be crafted and then its there?
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, just consume it. It then unlocks the outfit style for your entire account.