The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Super Mega LAG in Cyrodiil GRAY HOST after Maintenance Playstation server EU

MacCait
MacCait
✭✭✭✭✭
Not sure what was done in maintenance today, but it has absolutely cripled Gray Host campaign on Playstation. Have never seen the lag this bad.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on August 7, 2022 3:08AM
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    nothingtosee-disperse.gif
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • AuraNebula
    AuraNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was pretty bad last night before the update as well.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MacCait wrote: »
    Not sure what was done in maintenance today, but it has absolutely crippled Gray Host campaign on Playstation. Have never seen the lag this bad.

i agree, and disagree...

it gets unplayable around any outpost/keep...also anywhere there's more than 20 or so players fighting...

someone described it as witnessing some turn base style game in progress...

i was gonna disagree and say i have seen it worse, but, not sure how much worse it can get than being repeatedly disconnected from the server...

actually, you could get the weird noise thing coming from your playstation...yeah, that's really not good...
    Edited by geonsocal on August 3, 2022 6:44PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe try IC...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • apri
    apri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, maintenance turned the already bad experience on PS4/5 EU's Cyrodiil main campaign from very bad to unplayably worse. It's the whole spectrum of server lag: unable to mount while stuck in animation for seconds, no hits hit anything (if the abilities fire), AOE attacks prone to not even animate, sieges not working, repairs taking seconds from fix to fix and the list can go on forever. And this is with PS5 hardware, not PS4.

Literally the whole zone chat is full of complaints. So it is no individual thing either.
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    maybe try IC...

Love IC... but yh players are stet into a home campaign they want to play. Just thought they should be aware its screwed up even more than usual. Its actually unoayable. Many played in a differnt campaign tonight, but obviously no progress in the actial home campaign sucks
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sure what was done in maintenance today, but it has absolutely cripled Gray Host campaign on Playstation. Have never seen the lag this bad.

Which server, NA or EU? I’ve been on Gray Host PS NA and it seemed about as laggy as usual today.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Which server, NA or EU? I’ve been on Gray Host PS NA and it seemed about as laggy as usual today.

oops should of said. EU
  • Lebkuchen
    Lebkuchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is still unplayable. Blackreach seems to be better than Gray Host, but they absolutely/completely/totally broke Gray Host. And that is the campaign where all of my pvp guilds and friends are playing! Even when it is not full it is really really bad at Playstation EU! I mean really really really bad! Sooooo bad! I still can not believe how bad it is. It was this bad a couple of times over the years, but i did not think they could make it this bad again. I tried to play a couple of times since maintenance, because i was looking forward to play a lot this week, but i guess i will finally have to buy a PC and look for other games now, after so many years of waiting for them to fix ESO on Playstation. Maybe i can come back in a couple of years when the next mega-corporation buys microsoft :'(
  • The3sFinest
    The3sFinest
    ✭✭✭✭
    I took my new created EU character, level 20 (no cp on her) into GH for fun, I was running through bombs, dodging everything, I felt like a goddess. :D Pretty sure everyone was getting mad though, they noticed I was lagging so hard.

I feel bad for EU people though, that is some really bad performance since I went over there for boredom a few weeks ago.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

oops should of said. EU

Ugh. “Should have” = “should’ve”. Contractions.

Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Lebkuchen
    Lebkuchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody is playing on Gray Host PS EU anymore. Performance is still bad. But way better after everyone left.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding

Thank you. I wasn't sure where to post
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playstation players are their own worst enemy... Regarding this issue since maintenance last week, Zone chat in Gray Host is rife with complaints, Guild chats are full of complaints, and even on PSN... but out of the entire EU Gray Host server, only a couple of Playstatiopn players have come here to post feedback that the Gray Host campaign is completely handicapped by the most intense lag any of us has ever seen.

It is no exageration to say that Gray Host is feeling like a turn based game.

This really needs looked at by ZOS ASAP... but I fear without other Playstation players giving feedback on the forums, will this even get looked at?

Unfortuneately, most PS players don't use the forum
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    First, make sure you've tried the troubleshooting in the link below.

Latency / Lag - Technical Support - The Elder Scrolls Online

If these steps do not help, please go ahead and start a ticket with customer support.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Lebkuchen
    Lebkuchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »

If these steps do not help, please go ahead and start a ticket with customer support.

@ZOS_Bill
    Unfortunately this will be a dead end for most of us. I need to put in about 130 entries into my router by hand for opening all ports for my playstation, because i can not open more than 255 at a time, on my 300 Euro Router i am so proud of... So UDP-Ports 50000-60000 and UDP-Ports 12000-32000 take a while to open. I am talking about this list here:
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1133/kw/ports
    Other players do not even have the opportunity to change settings like that. Some are not allowed to change settings in their network, some are not able to (physically or mentally) maybe because they have cheap tech that does not support this feature, or they are afraid to break something not knowing what they are doing... I am pretty sure most players are not able or willing to open ports for some reason. And you know what? Even if you do, it does not help with the performance issues.

Customer support says they will not look at our tickets unless they are sure all ports are opened. So i guess most tickets will never reach the right people. No wonder why some bugs have been in the game for years.

Why do we even have to open ports in the first place? Wouldn't it be easier for everyone to make the game playable from the start?

Pretty much all players on Playstation EU have been experiencing the new problems in Gray Host campaign in Cyrodiil since the last maintenance on 3rd August.
    Is it too much to ask for someone in your company to take a look at it? Just read the zonechat from the minute the servers went back up. There is a reason why Gray Host has been empty since the last maintenance. It would be great if that info reached someone responsible for that part of the game, after more than a week of waiting for a response.
  • apri
    apri
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »

This assumes the error is to be found on our end. While our end did not change between before and after maintenance, something on the servers did. So the attempt to fix things on our end that remained the same is not helpful and will not fix anything other than possibly just mess things on your costumers internet or network settings. I do not find this helpful, I do find such instructions dangerous, in particular the port adjustments that can easily overwhelm the average customer and come with a risk to mess up connectivity in other regards if done wrongly or if other settings are changed by mistake. Therefore, such recommendations should be used only when all the indicators point on individual issues which is not the case here. In any other case it should not be recommended to change network or internet settings because there is a risk to mess things up. In this case, the problem is not individual. All players in Cyrodiil experienced a change in playability between before and after the maintenance and it is highly doubtful they all changed router settings while waiting on the servers to open again. So the ball is not in our half and we should not be given instructions to look at solutions where they cannot be found. Problem needs to be fixed where it's due.
  • MISTFORMBZZZ
    MISTFORMBZZZ
    ✭✭✭
    they broke something with the last maintenance. Normaly there should had been a server shut down to fix it ASAP , but we didnt even got a maintenance in this week, after the pvp event ended.
  • Lebkuchen
    Lebkuchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they will fix it soon, but i guess they still do not know about it.