Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Cannot find a library instance of "LibAddonMenu-2.0"

Avantare
Avantare
I use Minion and update the addons daily before I launch ESO.
I have 6 toons that I play regularly, then cycle through crafting with all 6 every day, which takes ~10-12 minutes per toon. Each day I'll rotate play through them for 2-3 hours.
Toons 1-6 crafting. Pick a toon and play for 2-3 hours. The next day, I pick a different toon to adventure with. Lather, rinse, repeat.
5 of the toons perform as needed, but 1 of them gives me the partial error in the Discussion Title. The complete errors are listed below.

user:/AddOns/WeaponChargeAlert/WeaponChargeAlertSettings.lua:3: Cannot find a library instance of "LibAddonMenu-2.0".
stack traceback:
user:/AddOns/WeaponChargeAlert/lib/LibStub/LibStub.lua:29: in function 'LibStub:GetLibrary'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = [table:1]{minor = 4, SILENT = T}, major = "LibAddonMenu-2.0" </Locals>|r
user:/AddOns/WeaponChargeAlert/WeaponChargeAlertSettings.lua:3: in function '(main chunk)'

user:/AddOns/SkyrimStyleUI/SkyrimStyleUISettings.lua:1: Cannot find a library instance of "LibAddonMenu-2.0".
stack traceback:
user:/AddOns/WeaponChargeAlert/lib/LibStub/LibStub.lua:29: in function 'LibStub:GetLibrary'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = [table:1]{minor = 4, SILENT = T}, major = "LibAddonMenu-2.0" </Locals>|r
user:/AddOns/SkyrimStyleUI/SkyrimStyleUISettings.lua:1: in function '(main chunk)'

user:/AddOns/Zolan_AutoRepair/Zolan_AR_AddonMenu.lua:25: Cannot find a library instance of "LibAddonMenu-2.0".
stack traceback:
user:/AddOns/Zolan_AutoRepair/Zolan_AR_AddonMenu.lua:25: in function '(main chunk)'
|caaaaaa<Locals> ZAR = [table:2]{}, AddonMenu = [table:3]{}, LibStub = [table:1] </Locals>|r

user:/AddOns/WeaponChargeAlert/WeaponChargeAlert.lua:249: function expected instead of nil
stack traceback:
user:/AddOns/WeaponChargeAlert/WeaponChargeAlert.lua:249: in function 'MakeMainWindow'
|caaaaaa<Locals> iconSize = 64, betweenSpace = 10, indents = [table:1]{} </Locals>|r
user:/AddOns/WeaponChargeAlert/WeaponChargeAlert.lua:401: in function 'OnLoad'
|caaaaaa<Locals> eventCode = 65536, addOnName = "WeaponChargeAlert" </Locals>|r

user:/AddOns/SkyrimStyleUI/SkyrimStyleUI.lua:558: function expected instead of nil
stack traceback:
user:/AddOns/SkyrimStyleUI/SkyrimStyleUI.lua:558: in function 'OnAddOnLoaded'
|caaaaaa<Locals> eventCode = 65536, addOnName = "SkyrimStyleUI", defaults = [table:1]{Icon = "Skyrim Style UI"} </Locals>|r

user:/AddOns/CombatReticle/CombatReticle.lua:730: function expected instead of nil
stack traceback:
user:/AddOns/CombatReticle/CombatReticle.lua:730: in function 'CombatReticleLoaded'
|caaaaaa<Locals> a_event = 65536, a_name = "CombatReticle" </Locals>|r

user:/AddOns/BetterStealthText/BetterStealthText.lua:2: Cannot find a library instance of "LibAddonMenu-2.0".
stack traceback:
user:/AddOns/BetterStealthText/BetterStealthText.lua:2: in function '(main chunk)'
|caaaaaa<Locals> BST = [table:2]{} </Locals>|r

user:/AddOns/CombatReticle/CombatReticleSettings.lua:5: Cannot find a library instance of "LibAddonMenu-2.0".
stack traceback:
user:/AddOns/CombatReticle/CombatReticleSettings.lua:5: in function '(main chunk)'

user:/AddOns/Zolan_AutoRepair/Zolan_AR_Handler.lua:27: function expected instead of nil
stack traceback:
user:/AddOns/Zolan_AutoRepair/Zolan_AR_Handler.lua:27: in function 'Handler.handleOnAddOnLoad'
|caaaaaa<Locals> event = 65536, addonName = "Zolan_AutoRepair" </Locals>|r

user:/AddOns/ZoneNameAlert/ZoneNameAlert.lua:1: Cannot find a library instance of "LibAddonMenu-2.0".
stack traceback:
user:/AddOns/ZoneNameAlert/ZoneNameAlert.lua:1: in function '(main chunk)'

user:/AddOns/AdvancedNameplates/AdvancedNameplates.lua:114: function expected instead of nil
stack traceback:
user:/AddOns/AdvancedNameplates/AdvancedNameplates.lua:114: in function 'OnAddOnLoaded'
|caaaaaa<Locals> eventCode = 65536, addOnName = "AdvancedNameplates", defaults = [table:1]{FontsGP = "Futura Condensed", FontsKB = "Univers 67"} </Locals>|r

user:/AddOns/Photographer/Photographer.lua:149: Cannot find a library instance of "LibAddonMenu-2.0".
stack traceback:
user:/AddOns/Photographer/Photographer.lua:149: in function 'Photographer_OnInitialized'
|caaaaaa<Locals> eventCode = 65536, addOnName = "Photographer" </Locals>|r

Avantare
  • Avantare
    Avantare
    Adding: I have One Drive but I moved the ESO folders from it to my Documents folder. This has been about a year since I did this. The errors appeared ONLY on the one toon and, this was after the most recent update.

I can dismiss the errors and adventure normally but, the noted add-ons are not in use.

Avantare
  • votan73
    votan73
    ✭✭✭
    "LibAddonMenu-2.0" does not support "LibStub" for a long time now.
    Find an alternative addons, which do not use LibStub.
    Edited by votan73 on August 10, 2022 8:52AM
  • Avantare
    Avantare
    Then how come the other 5 toons I have don't give the errors? This is the only one of the 5 that gives the errors.
    BTW, I uninstalled LibStub and am still getting the errors and additionally now, getting TopLevelControl <insert add on here> cannot be parented to any control but GuiRoot.
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    user:/AddOns/WeaponChargeAlert/lib/LibStub/LibStub.lua:29

AddOns still using LibStub cause this so remove them or change them to not use LibStub anymore.
    Check the esoui.com forum, addon help, sticky post for how to fix that yourself (libstub/libraries in subfolders).

Whatever makes it work for some toons, it was working by accident then! And I'm not going to explain that LibStub usage anymore, the esoui website, Wiki and reddit show info about that enough meanwhile :-)

Just fix this addons to remove libraries in sub folders and to remove LibStub, or deinstall those addons and use more modern working ones.
    Edited by Baertram on August 11, 2022 11:03AM