The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Balancing the high damage meta with Major cowardice and Major maim

OnGodiDoDis
OnGodiDoDis
✭✭✭
It's safe to say that the burst potential in pvp has dramatically skyrocketed, and we need more means to counter. Players now have easy access to damage buffs that were a hassle, or near impossible, to acquire before. No longer do players require to be in an organized group to get Major heroism, Major courage, and Major berserk. It's not to say that players could not access them before; the problem is that they can now stack those buffs untop of their existing damage sets without repercussions. Oakensoul grants a significant advantage in small scale fights because it's users need not rely on a healer, and they can spam ultimates. I suggest more sources of Major cowardice and Major maim. Corrupting pollen is a perfect candidate for an upgrade. If magden is to remain a weak burst class, at least give them the potential to protect others from dying. Current sources of Major maim (Lady thorn, warden portal, nova) are not good enough and do not last long enough. Keep in mind that oakensoul users have their damage buffs 100% of the time and can ulti dump in mere seconds if they rotate ultis. Conclusively, we need more skills that offer Major maim and Major cowardice, and we need them to be more accessible and more reliable.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doing any of that will further punish 2 bar players who don't want their hands held by the ring.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • OnGodiDoDis
    OnGodiDoDis
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with you, there should be counterplay involved. Pollen is an area denial skill, which means that you can choose to enter it or not, and so is portal and nova. These debuffs are also purgeable (except pollen), but you can walk out of it. I ask for those powerful debuffs when they are needed the most: during ulti dumps. Groups who enter the denial zones do so willingly. They can also drop a negate if they so wish.
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's safe to say that the burst potential in pvp has dramatically skyrocketed, and we need more means to counter. Players now have easy access to damage buffs that were a hassle, or near impossible, to acquire before. No longer do players require to be in an organized group to get Major heroism, Major courage, and Major berserk. It's not to say that players could not access them before; the problem is that they can now stack those buffs untop of their existing damage sets without repercussions. Oakensoul grants a significant advantage in small scale fights because it's users need not rely on a healer, and they can spam ultimates. I suggest more sources of Major cowardice and Major maim. Corrupting pollen is a perfect candidate for an upgrade. If magden is to remain a weak burst class, at least give them the potential to protect others from dying. Current sources of Major maim (Lady thorn, warden portal, nova) are not good enough and do not last long enough. Keep in mind that oakensoul users have their damage buffs 100% of the time and can ulti dump in mere seconds if they rotate ultis. Conclusively, we need more skills that offer Major maim and Major cowardice, and we need them to be more accessible and more reliable.

You forgot Kynmarcher set has both of those along with other good debuffs. Running that set along with Oakensoul is a good way to counter other Oakensoul wearing players.

I stopped playing PVP because I grew tired of being hit 2x and dying even with blocking, dodge rolling, etc...
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you use the ice staff you can get major maim+ immobilisation in one skill. It feel strange you think buffing skills to counter a set. One is that those who use that item might aswell used the buffed skill.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • OnGodiDoDis
    OnGodiDoDis
    ✭✭✭
    Yakidafi wrote: »
    If you use the ice staff you can get major maim+ immobilisation in one skill. It feel strange you think buffing skills to counter a set. One is that those who use that item might aswell used the buffed skill.

I am aware of frost clench as a source of major maim. However, are you going to cast a skill that maims one target when a group is rushing your allies? Or are you going to spam burst heals? You see the problem? There is no time to weave in a single-target maim when there are 5+ enemies ready to spin to win. We require aoe maim. The thing with pollen is that it can be cast preemptively before you get bombed. It lasts six seconds, allowing you to heal while the enemy is afflicted with the debuffs.
  • OnGodiDoDis
    OnGodiDoDis
    ✭✭✭

You forgot Kynmarcher set has both of those along with other good debuffs. Running that set along with Oakensoul is a good way to counter other Oakensoul wearing players.

I stopped playing PVP because I grew tired of being hit 2x and dying even with blocking, dodge rolling, etc...

It's true that kynmarcher's is a great debuff set. Sadly, the debuffs are random; you don't always get the debuff you need. I don't need Major breach when my allies are getting bombed. I need Major maim and cowardice.
  • Udrath
    Udrath
    ✭✭✭✭
    Voidbash isn’t bad on a bashcro if you’re in a group and it last 10 seconds. Kynmarcher and dead lands demolisher is a good set up too for it.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just disable Oakensoul in PvP, easy fix.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stop nerfing damage.

Address the specific sets that allow for instakill stealth ganks (Caluurion's and heavy attack buff sets).
    Edited by xylena_lazarow on June 30, 2022 2:28PM
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better yet come out with sets that only work in PVE or PVP zone. Than make some sets work in both such as a set like spinners / spriggan.
  • huskandhunger
    huskandhunger
    ✭✭✭
    I love this idea 😍