Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Offensive and defensive tick suggestion.

Ankael07
Ankael07
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Theres a trend in Cyrodiil , big groups avoiding each other and taking empty keeps because its the best viable AP farming option for some people. What if we gave them an option that goes with the spirit of pvp?

Defense ticks should still occur even when the keep falls. That way people would feel more encouraged to defend places. In a similar fashion offensive ticks should still occur even if the keep couldnt be captured.

More rewards for actually pvping rather than pve'ing with guards.
Edited by Ankael07 on August 8, 2022 3:11PM
If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the spirit of your suggestion but disagree with the suggestion itself. For one thing you do get D ticks throughout the battle, not just at the end, provided you last a while and ideally kill at least one person.

O ticks should definitely not happen if you failed to capture. Again, you get AP as you kill people anyway. And if you went up to a keep, didn't kill anyone, and got wiped... Why should you get an O tick? Not sure that's encouraging PvP.

It sounds like what you really want is for the OBJ to be important enough to attract more attention. But at the same time you're upset that people take empty objectives. Thing is not everybody has your same idea of what is or isn't real PvP. You might just want to fight all the time (me too honestly,) but others are more worried about winning the campaign for their alliance. Which requires pvdooring sometimes.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    I agree with the spirit of your suggestion but disagree with the suggestion itself. For one thing you do get D ticks throughout the battle, not just at the end, provided you last a while and ideally kill at least one person.

O ticks should definitely not happen if you failed to capture. Again, you get AP as you kill people anyway. And if you went up to a keep, didn't kill anyone, and got wiped... Why should you get an O tick? Not sure that's encouraging PvP.

It sounds like what you really want is for the OBJ to be important enough to attract more attention. But at the same time you're upset that people take empty objectives. Thing is not everybody has your same idea of what is or isn't real PvP. You might just want to fight all the time (me too honestly,) but others are more worried about winning the campaign for their alliance. Which requires pvdooring sometimes.

Yes pvdooring should stay relevant (score points and owning strategic spawn points etc). Just want actual PvP to be the most rewarding thing
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I agree. Not to turn your idea on its head but... Let's leave the D and O ticks the same let's DOUBLE the ap from killing players.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    Well I agree. Not to turn your idea on its head but... Let's leave the D and O ticks the same let's DOUBLE the ap from killing players.

or just double ap from everything permanently lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    defending keeps can be a lonely hobby...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Interim defence ticks are already given even if the keep eventually falls. This is how bombers get lucky 1M+ D-ticks during MYM low pop. Unfortunately you are at the mercy of your own faction who may come and kill/die, thus extending the tick window and ruining your monster tick.

The most concerning thing is the recent increase in PvDoor speed across all the Door Groups. Outposts flip within 30 seconds and keeps flip within 80 seconds. You literally cannot even port to the nearest keep and ride to the door before it is repaired. You aren't scouting these Door Groups either because they have the patience to crouch up to 20 minutes waiting for a distraction before striking.

I do think there needs to be counterplay against organised PvDoor. At least let there be a grace period of 10 seconds to port in after the keep becomes lit. We all know it only takes 1-2 bombers to wipe the Door Groups anyway.