Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

~1000 attempts to get mythic lead

Theignson
Theignson
✭✭✭✭✭
To get Grand Hattu Onyx lead I've been running ten characters through all the daily crafting writs they can do, most of them do 6, I think I've done if for 2 weeks straight but have lost track.

Can anyone confirm if they have recently gotten this?

Is it from doing daily crafting writs? Is there anything else I should be doing?

Is this bugged now?

If this is not bugged, this is shameful. This is supposed to be fun, not torture. I don't know what ZOS is thinking.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on August 7, 2022 3:09AM
Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
Tolliverson, Stam NB, Warlord
Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Prefect
Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Tribune
Glimson, Arcanist, Centurion
All EP/ PC NA
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I got it from a jewelry crafting writ.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Diebesgut
    Diebesgut
    ✭✭✭✭
    ... yes, got it from daily crafting writ, was astonished cause i didn't know theres a lead hidden in the writs 🙃
    Khajiit Sicherheitsdienst ~ Überprüfung von Schlössern aller Art ~ Khajiit Security ~ Inspection of any kind of locks
    Khajiit Gebrauchtwaren ~ Handel mit Waren aller Art ~ Khajiit Store ~ Trading of any kind of goods
    Playstation
  • Kisakee
    Kisakee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not recently but got it some weeks ago while doing daily writs.
    I'm but a sarcastic beef jerky. Irony and cynicism are my parents. You've been warned.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got it from a writ. It's actually how I learned there was a lead inside writs. Don't remember which box though, unfortunately. I just kinda quickly clicked them through them all.
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I got it just earlier this week, and like others have mentioned, it came as a surprise because I didn't know there was a lead to be found from doing daily writs.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • kevkj
      kevkj
      ✭✭✭✭
      I believe it's only from the jewelry crafting writ, so if that's the one you haven't been doing then you're SOL.
      Theignson wrote: »
      I've been running ten characters through all the daily crafting writs they can do, most of them do 6

• RaikaNA
      RaikaNA
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I was trying to get the lead that you get from doing the dailies from fargrave for the longest time, and all I got was a big disappointment. I essentially gave up because it was a waste of my time.. Sadly that meant that all that time constructing my build setup was for nothing...

The RNG in this game sucks.
    • rpa
      rpa
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I've got the crafting lead at least twice this far (still waiting for sale so it will expire in 30 days). And I've slacked with my writs, most days doing only one char. All my chars can do gear writs including JC.
      If you do only 6 crafts of 7, which one you don't do? Do you do daily Jewelry crafting writs? Assuming ZoS does not increse lead drop rate for people who do not have the chapter for marketing reasons it should not take that long in my experience.
      Edited by rpa on August 6, 2022 11:53AM
    • TaSheen
      TaSheen
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I just got it from a jewelry writ on my baby account, PC EU yesterday.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
    • Theignson
      Theignson
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      TaSheen wrote: »
      I just got it from a jewelry writ on my baby account, PC EU yesterday.

It's interesting, lots of people got it from jewelry but I have heard others got it from other dailies.
      All EP/ PC NA
    • Theignson
      Theignson
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      rpa wrote: »
      I've got the crafting lead at least twice this far (still waiting for sale so it will expire in 30 days). And I've slacked with my writs, most days doing only one char. All my chars can do gear writs including JC.
      If you do only 6 crafts of 7, which one you don't do? Do you do daily Jewelry crafting writs? Assuming ZoS does not increse lead drop rate for people who do not have the chapter for marketing reasons it should not take that long in my experience.

I dont do the provisioning because i dont have the recipes...!!
      All EP/ PC NA
    • TaSheen
      TaSheen
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Theignson wrote: »
      rpa wrote: »

I dont do the provisioning because i dont have the recipes...!!

You buy the recipes relatively cheaply at brewers and chefs in any zone. Or sometimes you can find them at the guild traders too for less money (though check carefully - some people try to jack the price enormously).

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
    • ZOS_Hadeostry
      Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
      Staff Post
    • deejayvee
      deejayvee
      ✭✭✭✭
      RaikaNA wrote: »
      I was trying to get the lead that you get from doing the dailies from fargrave for the longest time, and all I got was a big disappointment. I essentially gave up because it was a waste of my time.. Sadly that meant that all that time constructing my build setup was for nothing...

The RNG in this game sucks.

I was running into this problem and then I read that it's bugged and you need to do the other leads first. Second daily quest after doing that I got the lead.
      PC - NA