The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

let public dungeon bosses respawn instantly please

Drauz
Drauz
✭✭✭
That or give us private dungeons. Now we constantly have to wait because others keep killing them right before you arrive. very annoying
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on August 8, 2022 1:53AM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a Public dungeon so it needs to stay open to the Public. If the boss is not there move on to the next then come back.
    Edited by SilverBride on August 7, 2022 5:07PM
    PCNA
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think a lot of this is coming from the new "Kill [x] bosses in [y] zone" endeavors, which imho is not a good direction for them to be going.

Before, we had simpler ones like "kill a public dungeon boss," which gave the entire server 32 different places to go with all DLCs and Chapters. Now that the zone is being specified, the entire server is trying to cram into a single zone for that same endeavor, and as such it ends up with the same problem we have had during every 'zone celebration event' - the boss dies too quickly since half the server is there.
    *note that the recent High Isle release and Craglorn events did things differently by opening a lot of extra instances to help alleviate the problem... with the added drawback that these zones ended up seeming really empty, especially so after the hype wore off.

Yes, endeavors should be able to get people do revisit older zones, but forcing people to all go to a certain zone ends up overloading that specific zone. It works better if more choice is given to spread the population out just a bit, e.g. "kill a public dungeon boss in the Pact territory" gives you 5 options instead of just two (or one, as we had with the 'Rivepsire' one). After all, if they start giving us endeavors that are too specific like "harvest 5 alchemical nodes in Shadowfen," isn't that precisely what the complaint about the kilt lead was?
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They usually ask for 2 or 3 bosses, and Public dungeons have several bosses so it's not just the same ones being camped.

Imagine the chaos if these bosses respawned instantly. It would just be a huge group at the boss with a continuous never ending battle going on.
    Edited by SilverBride on August 7, 2022 6:06PM
    PCNA
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You already have a cooldown on loot when the boss dies and then respawns, you won't get the full loot just some coins. So I agree that the boss should respawn much faster, perhaps not instantly but since you wouldn't be getting loot each kill there's no reason it needs to respawn so slow.
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They could have shortened a CD down to 1 minute. Considering there is a loot cooldown already in place. And bosses don't give any xp anyway.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They really need to change the Endevour to generic public dungeon bosses.

I get the desire to get people to explore but this is not the way.

As far as PD Bosses go, other ones have to be killed before others will spawn. So, it should not take all that long for the dead ones to come back. Or, just go find the next one. Things are not supposed to be given on a Limeware Platter.

But instant boss spawns, no thanks.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Endeavors that foster resentment and competition for resources among players are not good. Today's kill air atronachs endeavor overloaded the Spellscar area and specified zone public dungeon kills overload those dungeons. It is not fun to wait for targets to respawn, then hope to get in at least a light attack before the target is gone.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come to think of it, I think the public dungeon boss in Alik'r is on a respawn timer that all the bosses should be on.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a lot of this is coming from the new "Kill [x] bosses in [y] zone" endeavors, which imho is not a good direction for them to be going.

Before, we had simpler ones like "kill a public dungeon boss," which gave the entire server 32 different places to go with all DLCs and Chapters. Now that the zone is being specified, the entire server is trying to cram into a single zone for that same endeavor, and as such it ends up with the same problem we have had during every 'zone celebration event' - the boss dies too quickly since half the server is there.
    *note that the recent High Isle release and Craglorn events did things differently by opening a lot of extra instances to help alleviate the problem... with the added drawback that these zones ended up seeming really empty, especially so after the hype wore off.

Yes, endeavors should be able to get people do revisit older zones, but forcing people to all go to a certain zone ends up overloading that specific zone. It works better if more choice is given to spread the population out just a bit, e.g. "kill a public dungeon boss in the Pact territory" gives you 5 options instead of just two (or one, as we had with the 'Rivepsire' one). After all, if they start giving us endeavors that are too specific like "harvest 5 alchemical nodes in Shadowfen," isn't that precisely what the complaint about the kilt lead was?
    This, killing bosses in one of two public dungeons will crate toxicity, less an issue with zone events as these tend to focus on world bosses who is more numerous in chapters and takes longer to kill.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If the objective is to get people to a given zone, having the endeavor require any boss at all on that zone would be better.
    Then at least you could get people helping each other kill world bosses, or get a world boss or delve daily done on the side.
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    Come to think of it, I think the public dungeon boss in Alik'r is on a respawn timer that all the bosses should be on.

"The" public dungeon boss? There's a whole lot of them. ;) But I'm sure you mean the group event. Like those in some other public dungeons, the group event can be started by stepping on the pairs of monsters in the correct order. Other public dungeons like the ones in Greenshade or Reaper's March have things to interact with to respawn the bosses. No idea how long it takes for the items to respawnn, though.
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    something something performance

i dunno that's the usual excuse when everyone wants to argue against something being changed without actually providing a tangible reason
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Umm... no. Could it be shorted I suppose, but instantly would be silly.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    joerginger wrote: »
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

"The" public dungeon boss? There's a whole lot of them. ;) But I'm sure you mean the group event. Like those in some other public dungeons, the group event can be started by stepping on the pairs of monsters in the correct order. Other public dungeons like the ones in Greenshade or Reaper's March have things to interact with to respawn the bosses. No idea how long it takes for the items to respawnn, though.

Yeah. I meant the group event boss. The stepping stones respawn in like 1 minute, never timed it but it's blazing fast compared to other respawn timers. I've noticed this a trend with bosses in the base zone that are spawned or freed by interacting with some object.
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Endeavors that foster resentment and competition for resources among players are not good. Today's kill air atronachs endeavor overloaded the Spellscar area and specified zone public dungeon kills overload those dungeons. It is not fun to wait for targets to respawn, then hope to get in at least a light attack before the target is gone.

Agree. If they're going to continue having location-specific endeavors, they should increase spawn rate and mob numbers for the duration of those endeavors.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post