Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Help with Templar. Need advice.

METALPUNKS
METALPUNKS
✭✭✭
So I've played a nightblade since 3 or 4 betas ago. Went with NB for my main and am now around level 30. He's a caster and heals. I've had no problems with anything yet but I just feel I'm using the same skills and have no use for at least 70% of the NB skills which made me rethink my class.

So then I started a Templar but really haven't studied it so I'm just rolling with it. I really really like healing so why not have an entire healing tree and the resto staff, two options.

My main questions are. I know my first weapon will be bow and my second I think will be one hand and shield. Can I heal a dungeon using the Templar healing skills while using a bow, or is it better to use resto staff? For those playing Templar how do you like it. My main plan is to be dps while soloing and even sometimes roll dps in a dungeon and then possibly heal some dungeons. I love the resto staff and maybe later will actually use one but I really just want to know how viable is Templar healing without it.

So far I'm finding I'm killing things a ton more quickly with a Templar. Never thought I'd roll a Templar but now it's becoming my favorite class because it seems to a be a very versatile and jack of all trades class. Am I right by saying that?
  • Allyah
    Allyah
    ✭✭✭
    Using resto staff will significantly improve your healing when the weapon line is at lvl 50 and you have the passives maxed out. I've never had trouble with using any other weapon in lower level dungeons (I can't speak about higher level because I've been using a resto staff since then). Any other weapon really seems to work fine. Just work with what you find fun.

As far as jack of all trades, I'm not entirely sure. Most classes can play several different ways. The class skills just might be closer to what you prefer playing.