The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Solid Stamplar pvp sets?

Atreyix
Atreyix
✭✭✭
Hey all,

Been Magicka for quite some time. Wanna give stamina a solid try. What are some good sets to run on a Stamplar for cyro pvp?

Any opinions?
Thanks
Edited by Atreyix on July 18, 2022 6:01AM
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I run wretched vitality, sea serpent, rallying cry and bs or magma.
    Thief, bewitched sugar skulls.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, probably whatever you're running on magplar, except in medium instead of light. Rallying Cry is always good, front or back bar. Deadly Strikes front bar is an option on both flavors of the class. I also agree with Wretched Vitality, depending on just how hybrid you're going, e.g. how much cleansing and bubbles you need, whether you use Mist Form, Race Against Time, maybe even Honor the Dead, and so on.

It's a very high damage patch overall. What that means for you depends on your playstyle. Stamplar has always benefitted from being played super aggressively, so if you can't beat them join them is one option. If you want to be more tanky, I don't even know how you'd do that, this patch.

You got to clarify whether you're playing in Ravenwatch or in CP, to be honest.

Sea Serpent, I presume you know the drawback of that. Last I was playing my templar and was kind of slow - and I mean just regular speed, not even Sea Serpent - I went straight back to making my jewelry Swift. Everyone's moving so fast and you got to keep people in your Jabs. Again, it depends on your playstyle, doesn't it? If you've got it figured out to trick people into confined spaces, e.g. maybe tower fights, then you might not care about speed.

There is a theory to combine Sea Serpent with Ironblood that's been widely proposed, because snares don't stack. I tried that on DK. Certainly single-barring Ironblood on the back bar didn't work out for me. Horrible.
    Edited by fred4 on July 18, 2022 2:08PM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In PVP you have to be a Hybrid Stamplar. A pure Stamplar cannot compete due to the fact you have no burst heal or then Rally. Stamplars are not in a overall good spot atm you will have to go hybrid IMO
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    In PVP you have to be a Hybrid Stamplar. A pure Stamplar cannot compete due to the fact you have no burst heal or then Rally. Stamplars are not in a overall good spot atm you will have to go hybrid IMO

Most classes go some degree oh hybrid nowawadys, at least for healing.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    Yeah, probably whatever you're running on magplar, except in medium instead of light. Rallying Cry is always good, front or back bar. Deadly Strikes front bar is an option on both flavors of the class. I also agree with Wretched Vitality, depending on just how hybrid you're going, e.g. how much cleansing and bubbles you need, whether you use Mist Form, Race Against Time, maybe even Honor the Dead, and so on.

It's a very high damage patch overall. What that means for you depends on your playstyle. Stamplar has always benefitted from being played super aggressively, so if you can't beat them join them is one option. If you want to be more tanky, I don't even know how you'd do that, this patch.

Sea Serpent, I presume you know the drawback of that. Last I was playing my templar and was kind of slow - and I mean just regular speed, not even Sea Serpent - I went straight back to making my jewelry Swift. Everyone's moving so fast and you got to keep people in your Jabs. Again, it depends on your playstyle, doesn't it? If you've got it figured out to trick people into confined spaces, e.g. maybe tower fights, then you might not care about speed.

There is a theory to combine Sea Serpent with Ironblood that's been widely proposed, because snares don't stack. I tried that on DK. Certainly single-barring Ironblood on the back bar didn't work out for me. Horrible.

Rallying cry I feel like is almost a must have this patch with so many people using oakensoul.
    It can make the difference between eating 10k and 6-7k snipes. And with perma uptime I dont even feel bad for not running a more dmg oriented set like clever alch.
    I've gotten used sea serpent by now, with medium armor bonuses, swift and major exp you can still be fairly speedy, plus I'm one of those annoying templars that will absolutely spam toppling to catch up to sorcs and nbs xD.
    I've tried to run 2 dmg sets this patch but I was getting deleted by any rando nb coming out of cloak and unloading 30k plus burst before I could cc break, so rallying cry it is.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    fred4 wrote: »

Rallying cry I feel like is almost a must have this patch with so many people using oakensoul.
    It can make the difference between eating 10k and 6-7k snipes. And with perma uptime I dont even feel bad for not running a more dmg oriented set like clever alch.
    I've gotten used sea serpent by now, with medium armor bonuses, swift and major exp you can still be fairly speedy, plus I'm one of those annoying templars that will absolutely spam toppling to catch up to sorcs and nbs xD.
    I've tried to run 2 dmg sets this patch but I was getting deleted by any rando nb coming out of cloak and unloading 30k plus burst before I could cc break, so rallying cry it is.
    Yeah, I agree about Rallying Cry. I just keep forgetting to proc it while I'm turning a flag :blush: . Do you need to be damaged to proc it? It procs from Shrewd / Healthy Offering anyway. Even on my magblade Rallying Cry + Aetherial Ascension + Oakensoul has felt pretty good ... and I use cloak. The downsides of Ascension are pretty subtle. I've moved on from that setup, but the increased brawling ability was nice. Then, of course, you can run into a Corrosive Whip, so I've been wondering whether to try Rallying Cry and Impregnable together. Also agree about being a hybrid, though. Rallying Cry and Vitality are both very stat-dense sets. There's almost nothing else, when you think about it.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stamplar main here. WV rally cry magma with sea serpents is good. Or sub in another mythic. Resto back bar and dw front bar.

Alternatively you can drop a monster set and run maelstrom 2h.

As others have said, stamplar is pretty dead. Hybrid is about all you can do to maintain some semblance of stamplar.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my current Stamplar, I've been running a Bow build using Oaken w/Order's Wrath and Mechanical Accuity, all Well Fitted and some Swift jewelry, it's a unique style of play but I've been having a blast with it.

Honor the Dead hits some pretty insane heals when your critical heals are guaranteed through Accuity, buffed by Order and a full crit Ballista is one of the most deadly ultimates in the game, especially when you combine it w/Power of the Light and a well timed Binding Javelin.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my current Stamplar, I've been running a Bow build using Oaken w/Order's Wrath and Mechanical Accuity, all Well Fitted and some Swift jewelry, it's a unique style of play but I've been having a blast with it.
    giphy.gif

most of my toons sell out damage mitigation for damage...high crit builds can wipe me at times...

from the very beginning (2017 for this toon) he's been set up to play as a hybrid toon (i just fell in love so much with the jesus beam and breath of life, he uses SnB/Lightening Staff...right now i'm wearing 1pc molag kena, 1 pc oakensoul, 5 pc plague doctor, 5 pc mark of the pariah...

needless to say - it's not very easy to kill folks with this build...the good thing though is - i'm built tanky enough that the fight will generally last long enough for me to figure something out...dependent on my ultimates (dawnbreaker on one bar, elemental rage on the other) to execute...when i wanna just have fun though - i slot werewolf...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since I like to run in a group and my group typically lacks players focused on debuffs I run on both of my templar builds the Kynmarch set. I than use whatever I feel will help the group or myself out the most. Solo Rally Cry, group Powerful Assault on my stamplar and SPC on my magplar.

There are times I run Powerful Assault and Rally Cry together.

Lately though I've been running Swift and Pariah due to the high damage that the Oakensoul is providing.
    Edited by MEBengalsFan2001 on July 27, 2022 6:33PM
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Honor the Dead hits some pretty insane heals when your critical heals are guaranteed through Accuity, buffed by Order and a full crit Ballista is one of the most deadly ultimates in the game, especially when you combine it w/Power of the Light and a well timed Binding Javelin.

Been looking for a bowplar build myself, but isn't Mechanical Acuity kind of at odds with Order's Wrath?
    Also, what are you using as a spammable? Don't tell me you jab with a bow!
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »

Been looking for a bowplar build myself, but isn't Mechanical Acuity kind of at odds with Order's Wrath?
    Also, what are you using as a spammable? Don't tell me you jab with a bow!

Crushing weapon or silver shards is good
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    No matter what you do on stamplar you still be inferior compared to magplar. Magplar have free healing. I can ignore sustain on magplar and still do good. On stamplar you don't have viable burst heal without building in sustain, it's impossible. Stamplar is only subclass that not have something for free, stamblade have tons of armor penetration for free this means you can focus in full damage. Wardens have free sustain. Necro have free strong defense. DK have free resources ult and voila full bars. Only good thing stamplar have is spammable but in current metas and burst damage its to slow and you are vulnerable to damage while using it.