The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why program this in an expansion?

Graveside
Graveside
Soul Shriven
I am just curious? I mean there really is no strategy to the game (Due to the random draw of the middle cards- 99% all luck). Anyhow, I rather of had a new (something better than this). [snip]

Might not be the right forum for this but hey: rack those brains for the next expansion and really blow our minds with something that is Elder Scroll worthy!!!

P.s. - No Zombie Apocalypse, world cataclysmic explosion of land (i.e. WoW) - but if you want too really make the game hard have us run back to our bodies to loot everything (i.e. EQ).

HAGD

[edited for baiting]
Edited by ZOS_Lunar on August 3, 2022 2:00PM
  • kmfdm
    kmfdm
    ✭✭✭
    [snip] there is a huge amount of strategy. The luck-factor is actually quite low, and the margin for error is massive. You can do wrong so many things (most crucial are your first picks from the tavern - lots of players just bloat their decks with what they think are strong cards), and then blame it on 'bad luck', which is what many think at first. I mean, you have the right to think that,[snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on August 3, 2022 2:00PM
  • Thyenn
    Thyenn
    Well I disagree with almost everything that you said, and it does seem like you didn't play the game all that much if you think it's pure luck, but there's one worthwhile idea in that post - we should have emotes. Sth like heartstone did, some sort of greeting and other phrases. It's a fun way to kill time while you wait for your opponents turn to end.
  • Herteby
    Herteby
    ✭✭
    It's more or less a copy of Dominion, one of the most popular and highly rated card games. Dominion isn't just luck and neither is Tribute.
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting the armory in the first draw is luck. Once you get deeper into the game and unlock more decks, its way more strategy and adaptability than luck.
  • XPhoenixXSix15
    At first I would have agreed with this but after winning 300 plus games I've started to see how there's more strategy in this than luck. Like mentioned above, luck is getting the Armoury in the first turn but that doesn't mean it's game over already. I've made plenty of comebacks when I thought my opponent had the better deck, usually through combining patron uses or using ragpicker to destroy my low cards so I only have just the good cards from only 1 deck type in my hand, then I'm just throwing combos out there left and right. Last night someone was winning 28-11 against me, then in 2 turns I won with 41-38 It's all about how you build your deck, if someone gets Armoury first turn, change your playstyle to counter them. I'm not saying it's all strategy as you do have to rely on RNG for good tavern picks but you can adapt and use other strategies to counter your opponents.
    For the Covenant!
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While luck does play a factor it's mostly skill based.
    Think about it, if it was 99% luck based you wouldn't see the same names really high up on the leaderboard for winning all the time, now would you? no, instead you would see random Joe the lucky boy.
  • EnerG
    EnerG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rng Comes from the cards in the tavern, and the base decks have low strategy involved ill admit, the real winner is typically the one who has better card management, the ansei and psijiic decks together is almost an auto win for me if me if the rng is fairish and the oppononent doesnt get every good card
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My own experience is that when I win, I attribute it to skill; but when I lose, I blame it on RNG (luck).
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game is a lot of skill and knowledge, along with a hefty degree of luck. I think with the exception of Orgnum and Pelin, to really be able to win consistently you have to be able to have good knowledge of your deck alongside anything your opponent can throw at you. Yes, you need good cards to come your way. But most games will have both players have good cards, and who wins will come down to who built their decks better and is just generally higher skill. And yes, and sometimes the tavern will be hilariously one-sided and there's not much you could have done differently. But, a total novice can be dealt a royal flush in Poker too. Doesn't mean a champion isn't gonna wipe the floor with them the vast majority of the time.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on August 6, 2022 9:27AM