The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Is anyone else getting terrible rewards from the Pelinal's loot boxes dropping from BGs?

Cooperharley
Cooperharley
✭✭✭✭✭
I've been playing BGs nonstop for the past few days and i've opened up COUNTLESS amounts of these containers. The rewards have been pretty . . . crappy for a lack of a better word. Have you or anyone else you know gotten any good rewards? The best i've received was breton terrior bone fragments or whatever.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on August 2, 2022 3:04AM
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RNG is not kind. My friends are all get cold stones and haikijo. Im getting keep repair kits and crafting stuff. Although I do appreciate the consumable supplies...
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on your definition of "good rewards". From my perspective this event's box has always had terrible rewards.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS seems to have a problem of way too much (spider parts!) or way too little (this event) with no happy place in between.

I have not gotten a single yellow pattern drop across all my 24 or so alts. Not much play compared to most, but I would have expected at least one if the drop rate wasn't so low.

Another almost impossible to get set of motifs.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Marillea
    Marillea
    ✭✭✭✭
    It seems the only "good" reward are the body/face markings, Hakeijo and the siege weapons. The markings have such low drop chances, that I've yet to see either in ~4mil+ AP.
    Hakeijo I probably got 6-7, and around 10 siege weapons, rest has been literal garbage. 99% of the Pelinal boxes are just bad.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The style pages do not drop from the event boxes, so anyone who is grinding boxes trying to get style pages to drop should stop right now and start grinding IC bosses and sweepers, because those are the only way to get the style pages other than buying them with event tickets or from guild traders with gold. I think you can get only one new style page a day, so once you find one you can probably stop grinding bosses for the day-- unless you want the older style pages, which are not limited to the (assumed) one-per-day drop rate.

The only event-specific reward that can drop from the event boxes are the body and face markings, but they drop "very rarely" so you could potentially grind hundreds of event boxes and not get them. On the other hand, I think (but am not sure) that they drop together as a runebox which contains both markings-- at least, that's how it worked during a previous event when there were body and face tattoos (or whatever they were; I forget) that could drop from the event boxes. Personally, I'm going to buy both of the markings with event tickets.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've pretty much stop doing the pvp. Telvar stones I turn into flowers, siege machines I give away. No motifs, no face paintings nothing worth fighting for.
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a hakeijo and a bunch of bones. It's too bad I can't use the latter to put together a skeletal dog or something.
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
  • Dawnblade
    Dawnblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil junk, pet parts (have them all), not much else - got motifs in IC.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding

Wouldn't the events forum be more appropriate, since it is about the boxes, not battlegrounds?
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh yay, a ton of Cyrodil inventory junk I'll never use because the horse riding simulator is lame, from playing BGs! Just the reward I was looking forward to!!

Begs the question, why not include the IC keys in this event vs the unrelated Zenithar event?
    Why are the only prizes Cyrodil related? I guess TV is IC but it's just currency they hand out all the time.
    They couldn't also add extra drops for BG motifs or add some AP pots or *anything else* that could appeal to your BG PvP population?
    Maybe a chance for the event style pages to drop there too?

BG players are already making *significantly* less AP during the event than they would riding horses on the train from keep to keep in Cyro. But no, ZOS overlooked every option to make the boxes feel more rewarding for ALL PvP players, not just some.
    Xbox NA/EU
    "Once I misplaced an entire roast chicken, so this doesn't surprise me."
  • draigwyrdd
    draigwyrdd
    ✭✭✭
    Pelinal's Fury should increase AP/Experience gained from battlegrounds too.