The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Question about visual delay...with my external monitor and MSI notebook

pollywogs1970
pollywogs1970
✭✭
Hi everyone!

I have a MSI GE76 Raider Gaming Laptop - 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10750H - GeForce RTX 3070 - 240Hz 1080p with a cheap Samsung monitor C32F397FWN. The connection I use is HDMI.

I noticed that when I use my notebook screen, there is no delay in gameplay. But as soon as I use the Samsung monitor, I noticed an input lag.

Any help will be appreciated :)

Thank you!
Edited by ZOS_Bill on August 2, 2022 2:14PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there are a couple of things to check on for this:
    • quality of the HDMI cable, as those can degrade
    • monitor refresh rate, your MSI laptop (as a gaming brand) might have a higher refresh rate than the monitor, this might make the game feel more sluggish with lower frame rate (this could feel like a delay in gameplay if you are used to 100 FPS and the monitor only supports like 60 dps)
    • lastly you may want to check graphics settings, the laptop is likely only running in 1080p, but if its a good quality monitor that is 2k or 4k resolution, your laptop might be struggling if it is defaulting to 2k or 4k resolutions
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @pollywogs1970

As mentioned above, one of the first things to check is the refresh rate on the Samsung monitor.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post