The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Refund for High Isle due to Oakensoul Changes

Nightwiish
Nightwiish
✭✭✭
How do we get a refund for High Isle, which I bought specifically for Oakensoul in the original advertised form? Since this item is getting nerfed, this should be classified as false advertising.
@loki220
Nighwtiish - Stam DK
  • PDarkBHood
    PDarkBHood
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I with you on this one. We need to nerf Zos, this is such bs. Leave the Oakensoul ring the way it is. The vast majority of players DO NOT want this ring nerfed (70% so far in the poll). We need to hit Zos where it counts, in the pocketbook.
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PDarkBHood wrote: »
    Yeah, I with you on this one. We need to nerf Zos, this is such bs. Leave the Oakensoul ring the way it is. The vast majority of players DO NOT want this ring nerfed (70% so far in the poll). We need to hit Zos where it counts, in the pocketbook.

Only people who want it nerfed is the PvP community. And since ZoS is too lazy to nerf it specifically or just bar it completely from PvP, people who play PvE need to suffer.
  • Valakar86
    Valakar86
    Soul Shriven
    where is this poll? I want to vote...
    and where I can get a refund if nerfed?
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not pay to win guys, I swear!

@ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the part where I would point out that the New Nocturnals Ploy set further incentivizes Oakensoul as a way to prevent your mandatory PvP buffs from being removed by you from someone safe on the walls of a keep. I mean oops.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Only people who want it nerfed is the PvP community. And since ZoS is too lazy to nerf it specifically or just bar it completely from PvP, people who play PvE need to suffer.

It is not even the whole PVP community.
    The only people that complains are the ones that want to be competitive but refuses to get the ring or has it but it is badly tuned for their class.
    And so it happens that most people that wants to compete are PvP players.
    Now imagine there is a VMA event with unique prizes for the top winners. I bet we will see tons of Oakenosul complaints coming form PVE community as well, and most probably the most suggested one would be to ban it in VMA...does it sound familiar?
    Edited by Didgerion on July 12, 2022 11:40PM
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I promise you that ZOS is fully aware that many of us only bought that chapter because of Oakensoul, [snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 2, 2022 1:45PM
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They could also add Major Slayer and Major Aegis to the ring; I'd wager that'd fix the problem for the most part. It's already strong after the nerf in overland content, so adding those buffs would add back the power lost in the content it's needed.

Of course I'd prefer ZoS to just balance PVE and PVP separately, but this would allow them to nerf the ring in PVP without nerfing it in PVE.
  • Bokila
    Bokila
    ✭✭✭
    I expected the ring to stay as it released for a couple of months at least. I understand that it might have gotten nerfed in the future and i took that risk when i got the chapter but dude it got nerfed in a few weeks. What about the "wE aRe DoUbLiNg dOwN" statement? How can you twist your beliefs/opinions in a matter of weeks? You just proved that you can set the bar lower than lowest so far with the decisions you've made.
  • Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's utterly contemptible.

I'm sticking around for the potential houses I want, and mount training, which is another reprehensible method of levelling.

Unsubbed though, I don't need more than the 30k crowns to burn, and this game is now firmly on the backburner.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is the part where I would point out that the New Nocturnals Ploy set further incentivizes Oakensoul as a way to prevent your mandatory PvP buffs from being removed by you from someone safe on the walls of a keep. I mean oops.

That's exactly what I'm thinking. I fully intend to run with both the ring and the set.
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It won't work, but by all means try.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You don't get a refund.

If you saw Oakensoul and thought "I'll buy the DLC for it, it's definitely not OP and definitely won't be nerfed", then that's on you for being naïve.

Everyone saw it a mile off
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    You don't get a refund.

If you saw Oakensoul and thought "I'll buy the DLC for it, it's definitely not OP and definitely won't be nerfed", then that's on you for being naïve.

Everyone saw it a mile off

Right. The idea that you would only spend 40$+ to buy 1 single ring, and that ring is somehow not overpowered, is a bit ridiculous. If you were willing to spend that money to get that 1 single item, it should also be very clear that the item was not going to remain in the same state due to how strong it was.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought High Isle exclusively for the Oakensoul after I got wrecked by it so many times in Cyrodiil. Now it gets nerfed just one patch cycle later. They could have waited at least for another 3 months :(. I mean, what's the point of finally introducing pay to win items when they get taken away so fast :(.
    Edited by vesselwiththepestle on July 16, 2022 12:08AM
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Didgerion wrote: »

It is not even the whole PVP community.
    The only people that complains are the ones that want to be competitive but refuses to get the ring or has it but it is badly tuned for their class.
    And so it happens that most people that wants to compete are PvP players.
    Now imagine there is a VMA event with unique prizes for the top winners. I bet we will see tons of Oakenosul complaints coming form PVE community as well, and most probably the most suggested one would be to ban it in VMA...does it sound familiar?

When the only solution to an item is to use the item yourself... that is basically the definition of an OP item.

Also, this is not exactly the first time that this has happened, and yes, it happened to ordinary PvE players before. Remember Thrassian Stranglers? Well, it was prima facie OP and didn't even get through 3 months before it was nerfed - they nerfed it even before the PTS hit. All the trial players that obtained the item for the power were in the same boat as you are now.

It is a standard marketing ploy that happens with basically every "Game As A Service" type of game. They entice you with an OP item and then nerf it back down. Then it happens the next cycle, etc.

TLDR; There is nothing unique about the Oakensoul situation. You only notice it this time because it happened to you and not to a Mythic item that you don't use.

PS: I do support adding Major+Minor Slayer and Major+Minor Aegis to the item and then removing a few more of the PvP-applicable buffs so that it has less utility in PvP but strong utility in PvE.
  • kieso
    kieso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lul
  • Smoky
    Smoky
    ✭✭✭
    :D I needed a good laugh this morning thanks OP
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A refund for an entire expansion because of one little item :D:D:D
  • PDarkBHood
    PDarkBHood
    ✭✭✭
    Well, this is what you get for pissing-off the majority of your customer base. You get posts like this one and dozens of others posts voicing their displeasure. I'm still pissed about the changes to Oakensoul. Here is the latest:

Oakensoul: This item set now also grants you Minor Slayer, Minor Aegis, and Empower

Another post reports an overall nerf of approx 20%. That still hurts, but not much else we can do as these changes (minor modifications maybe) will go through.