The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why is it so hard to attack down from the AD platform?

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Attacks down should at least be as easy as attacks up to it!

If they can kill you with a Necro ultimate, you should be able to easily apply an AOE circle to the ground down.

This one way attacking (most times) is idiotic!

(In IC / Arena zone)
Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on July 30, 2022 1:12AM
PC
PS4/PS5
  • silentxthreat
    silentxthreat
    ✭✭✭
    imo you shouldnt be able to attack from the platforms at all. 10 archers on every platform that would get owned if they ever jumped down
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Throwing" aoes off roofs has always been a bit goofy. Some work fairly well, some don't really work at all.

But no, it's not easy to throw an AoE up onto a roof, its damn near impossible.

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    imo you shouldnt be able to attack from the platforms at all. 10 archers on every platform that would get owned if they ever jumped down

Been up there, got knocked down into the zerg I'd been pew-pewing for fun, got mashed, and got a laugh over it!

I think the Arena district quest cheese is silly though. I get the quest done so much quicker by jumping down instead of trying sit up there and wait with all the folks who don't want to risk a little PVP.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when placing the aoe on the ground, the location on the ground has to have LOS from about the middle of your character, otherwise the aoe is placed on the platform your standing on even though you can see the ground because of your camera angle

ive had a lot of practice, but you sometimes have to almost blockwalk to the edge and throw some stuff down

i would say it is definitely a lot harder to get the aoe to place on a higher ledge, different technique for both lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like using Razor Caltrops from the platforms and debuffing people. There's something therapeutic about that after a long day at work lol.
    Edited by Holycannoli on July 28, 2022 8:53PM
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Been up there, got knocked down into the zerg I'd been pew-pewing for fun, got mashed, and got a laugh over it!

I think the Arena district quest cheese is silly though. I get the quest done so much quicker by jumping down instead of trying sit up there and wait with all the folks who don't want to risk a little PVP.

You may have been in the same one!

I also had fun, but it was annoying to realize I couldn't really attack back well. That changed a while back when they made it harder to attack down. Now enemies can't jump up, but their attacks can come up.

On the other hand, my circle will show on the lower ground, but take effect up on the edge of the platform!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    when placing the aoe on the ground, the location on the ground has to have LOS from about the middle of your character, otherwise the aoe is placed on the platform your standing on even though you can see the ground because of your camera angle

ive had a lot of practice, but you sometimes have to almost blockwalk to the edge and throw some stuff down

i would say it is definitely a lot harder to get the aoe to place on a higher ledge, different technique for both lol

It seemed like the attackers did not have a problem....

The worst part of this is not the dying, it is that I was killed off and out of playing around. Few were dying, except up on the platform. Yeah, I got nuked by the necro smash, I can live with that, but targeting down was very difficult and I have roll dodged over the edge far too often to want to try that. I shouldn't have to be right on the very edge!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The worst part of this is not the dying, it is that I was killed off and out of playing around. Few were dying, except up on the platform. Yeah, I got nuked by the necro smash, I can live with that, but targeting down was very difficult and I have roll dodged over the edge far too often to want to try that. I shouldn't have to be right on the very edge!

if you have practice its not too hard to know where you need to "place" the circle to get it to go off on the platform

if your aiming up on the platform, you need to position your reticle like above the edge of the platform or it will activate on the ground, not the platform (or tell you that you cant place it there)

if your aiming to the ground its better to blockwalk to the edge and then throw your aoes down, the closer the enemy is to the base of the tower the harder it is to use the aoe

there are a few other things on the platform itself (such as wood posts that stick up) that will "block" your characters LOS to the location of the ground aoe which also makes placing them a little more tricky

one of my toons a NB, the only ground aoes i had used mainly to troll was caltrops, but i would primarily use more direct attacks like snipe, poison injection, silver shards, etc
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

if you have practice its not too hard to know where you need to "place" the circle to get it to go off on the platform

if your aiming up on the platform, you need to position your reticle like above the edge of the platform or it will activate on the ground, not the platform (or tell you that you cant place it there)

if your aiming to the ground its better to blockwalk to the edge and then throw your aoes down, the closer the enemy is to the base of the tower the harder it is to use the aoe

there are a few other things on the platform itself (such as wood posts that stick up) that will "block" your characters LOS to the location of the ground aoe which also makes placing them a little more tricky

one of my toons a NB, the only ground aoes i had used mainly to troll was caltrops, but i would primarily use more direct attacks like snipe, poison injection, silver shards, etc

I have placed an attack that shows on the ground, but then gets placed on the platform. It is not as easy as you may think!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to a better suited category.

Regards,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i love platform "fishing"...

i mean, i also like carrying zero tel-var and just continuously jumping down off the platform to get in to fights...but, platform fishing is really a relaxing way to have some fun with folks running around on the ground...

what's totally hilarious is when every once in a while some effect will place an enemy up on the platform with you - they instantly die...

each alliance has preferable "fishing" platforms within the six districts...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • lunaslide
    lunaslide
    ✭✭✭
    This shouldn't be possible in either direction. Fully 60 DC had EP pinned at ladder spawn in Arb yesterday, throwing colossus-convergence onto the platform, and all you could do was go back down to another district or stand near the hatch and wait for them to go away. It's absurd that level of griefing is permitted by the game.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    lunaslide wrote: »
    This shouldn't be possible in either direction. Fully 60 DC had EP pinned at ladder spawn in Arb yesterday, throwing colossus-convergence onto the platform, and all you could do was go back down to another district or stand near the hatch and wait for them to go away. It's absurd that level of griefing is permitted by the game.

I thought this was "PvP in a PvP zone" as several other replies have stated about any unhappiness with the way things are working out.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Propelling shield.

Also, just drop down and do it.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    EF321 wrote: »
    Propelling shield.

Drop down and die? That is all I would end up with....
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EF321 wrote: »
    Propelling shield.

Drop down and die? That is all I would end up with....

Doing quest naked without prior experience of doing it naked (raw, uncensored):
    https://youtu.be/__wtvQCIJo0

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lunaslide wrote: »

You can always report them if you feel it was griefing. Though those towers really aren't safe areas once you leave the silenced area, and ZOS doesn't want the reverse where completely safe players can sit in spawn and pew-pew down at the enemy with impunity. So I'm not sure myself if ZOS will consider that griefing.

Going down the hatch to another district is exactly the correct tactic. If you choose the districts near to the Arboretum, you can go there through a different door and, hey, DC is all on one side of the District, easy to avoid. Or if they are there, they aren't in a different district.

I'm a PVPer who doesn't enjoy questing in IC, but I've done it enough for events and the main story that one tip I've learned is that I can't tunnel vision. If the method I'm pursuing towards a ticket isn't working, it's probably faster to change tack and go after a different one. And since I get to keep my quest progress on the other one, I've got a headstart on it for later.