The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Hrothgar Tank/Magden, Help me please.

SilverMajraOnYoutube
SilverMajraOnYoutube
Soul Shriven
I'm trying to get into this whole pvp thing for the event. My main is a Magden and well obvs the struggle is real. Can I get your opinions on a build? My pvp knowledge is limited so any advice suggestion is greatly appreciated. What I have so far is this.

Race: Breton (CP 974)
Attributes: 48 Health/16 Magicka
Curse: Vampire Stage 3
Sets:
OakenSoul Ring
Hrothgar's 5 piece (5 Heavy)
Balorgh's 2 piece (1 Light/1 Medium)
Willpower 3 piece (Lightning Staff)
Trainee 1 Piece

Skills: (Thought Process)
Northern Storm (Ultimate)
Storm Pulsar (AOE better with bigger group of enemies)
Gripping Shard (Scales with Health, Immobilizes for Hrothgar)
Artic Blast (Scales with Health, Stuns for Hrothgar)
Crystalline Slab (Shields and Stuns for Hrothgar)
Blood Mist Form (Damage Mitigation with AOE effects)

Going for an AOE tank who sits in the group and just unloads lots of aoe. Any advice on how to go for this vibe as a Frost Warden is appreciated.

• OnGodiDoDis
    OnGodiDoDis
    ✭✭✭
    Hello, what alliance are you?
  • SilverMajraOnYoutube
    SilverMajraOnYoutube
    Soul Shriven

Daggerfall Covenant. Does that make any difference typically?
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

yeah, it's a big difference cause if you're AD you're bad :P.

jokes aside it doesn't make an actual difference, they may just be asking because either they want to avoid you or, they want to add you to their group or something lol.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • OnGodiDoDis
    OnGodiDoDis
    ✭✭✭

Yea, why would I help an enemy get stronger? No hard feelings.
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried Wrothgar and I never saw it proc once...trashed it soon after.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy @SilverMajraOnYoutube ...

my suggestion would be to put aside the idea of a "theme" build at the moment...if you play a lot in cyrodiil or battlegrounds, maybe then...

just think in terms of how can you stay alive, support allies and eliminate enemies - using whatever means is available...

here's how my magden is currently set (w/o battle spirit):
    argonian, 1pc balorgh, 1pc oakensoul, 5 pc war maiden, 5 pc pariah...23.9k mag, 1.3k mag recov, 32.7k health, 1.3k health recov, 14.1k stam, .9k stam recov, spell dmg 4.5k, crit 27%, 4.8k pen, 28k armor, 1.4k crit res...

resto: elemental weapon. corrupting pollen, deep fissure, combat prayer, screaming cliff racer and healing thicket

my playstyle is solo potato, so this set up works well on my own...even if you are not grouped - it will benefit you greatly to help keep your allies alive...

honestly, as far as what you put together for a build, the only thing that really matters is that your gear, skills, and champion points all synergize - go in with a plan on how you're going to fight, and then adjust...

if you do want to go with a frost damage "theme", you'll need gear and skills that emphasize that particular thing...
    Edited by geonsocal on July 31, 2022 6:55AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place