The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Collecting Companions should be account wide

ob1ken0bi
ob1ken0bi
✭✭✭
Should be same as mounts. Once you collect them, they are there for all Alts. I mean they level up account wide already.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Companions have significant roleplaying appeal, so the idea is that each character forms their own relationship with the Companion. Skills are account-wide, rapport is not.

It's kind of like having to reacquire Lydia from Skyrim every time I start a new game. Sure, I can pretty much quote the whole "there's a dragon attcking the western watchtower" scene from memory by this point, but I do it anyway. Because Lydia.
  • ob1ken0bi
    ob1ken0bi
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah but bug hating Mirri is not Lydia LoL
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ob1ken0bi wrote: »

yi1l2rky3tg21.jpg
    Edited by VaranisArano on July 30, 2022 6:59PM
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For me, the roleplaying aspect is extremely important - there is only one companion for each character, they are all individuals who exist only once (each char also has their own houses that the others cannot enter ).
  • ob1ken0bi
    ob1ken0bi
    ✭✭✭
    I agree for Skyrim but not for ESO
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ob1ken0bi wrote: »

She actually likes bugs, that's why she gets upset you killed them. At least pretty bugs.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could find a middle ground. When you first initiate the companion quest on an alt (after finishing it least once before of course), it prompts you if you want to skip the quest. You can roleplay the encounter as normal if you want to or you can skip and add the companion immediately if that doesn't interest you. As an added bonus, the companion quest can be acquired on alts simply by using them from your quickslot or menu so acquiring them can be quick and easy without necessarily removing any roleplay aspects.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's fine as it is.

It is, after all, a role-playing game and one that has already swung too far in the account-wide direction.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that they are character specific though I would like it more if they were completely character specific. I avoid using companions on more characters because I don't want to mess around with switching out equipment and skills each time I get on a different character.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Make them like mementos, account bound but you can do the quests again on other characters.
  • TmzOS
    TmzOS
    ✭✭
    Or just pop a prompt window asking if you want to do the quest again when you try to call a companion for the first time in a new character IF you already have done the quest once.

At least Mirri's quest had different conclusions depending on "how you do the things".
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TmzOS wrote: »
    Or just pop a prompt window asking if you want to do the quest again when you try to call a companion for the first time in a new character IF you already have done the quest once.

That would be nice.

My expectation is that this inconsistency will be fixed and that they will just unlock it. The vision for this game seems to be player-centric and the player already did the quest, so why would they want to do it again. Given that, why would the spend the development money to add in an option?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ob1ken0bi
    ob1ken0bi
    ✭✭✭
    I would be ok if there was an option to do the quest or skip. Would make both sides happy.
    Just think that they are leveled across all Alts. Equipped through all Alts. Why would you be able to recall one of another alt completed the quest already.