The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Ranger's Gait & Sea Serpent's Coil?

Duke_Falcon
Duke_Falcon
✭✭✭
Are these sets viable? Has anyone tested it? Will the 5th piece bonus of Ranger's Gait mitigate the snare from Sea Serpent's Coil?
  • Kory
    Kory
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tried it. It doesn't work well. You'd have to use movement speed traits and champion points to mitigate some of Serpent Coil's snare.
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    just use a gap closer. If you're stam, every class has access to a good one with critical charge and its morphs. In most content, that's enough.
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can cleanse that snare.
  • Wyrd88
    Wyrd88
    ✭✭✭✭
    EF321 wrote: »

You can't.

Also, Ranger's Gait is not gonna work with Coil. Snare from Coil technically isn't a snare (like the one from Ironblood for example), but just a speed reduction, which you can completely mitigate by getting +40% movement speed.
    Edited by Wyrd88 on July 25, 2022 2:19PM
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wyrd88 wrote: »

You can't.

Also, Ranger's Gait is not gonna work with Coil. Snare from Coil technically isn't a snare (like the one from Ironblood for example), but just a speed reduction, which you can completely mitigate by getting +40% movement speed.

My bad, apparently mob was applying their own snare that I was cleansing, it has same icon. I could not "feel" coil snare due to the fact that I am orc in medium armor with celerity :)

zeft2qgml7hp.png
  • Duke_Falcon
    Duke_Falcon
    ✭✭✭

You can't.

Wyrd, Any advice on the best ways to stack Movement Speed?

I'm just guessing Swift Traits and Celerity? Maybe Medium Armor passives?
  • Wyrd88
    Wyrd88
    ✭✭✭✭

You can't.

Wyrd, Any advice on the best ways to stack Movement Speed?

I'm just guessing Swift Traits and Celerity? Maybe Medium Armor passives?

It depends on a lot of things like class, build, goals.

Easiest way is to slot Celerity. The best, I guess, is to get Minor+Major Expedition. Swift only if your build allows it, i.e. if you fine with losing more useful stuff like Infused/Bloodthirsty. Medium armor would be the last thing to look for speed imo.