The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I can't do damage in PVP and after following online guides to the T

• Maul_Rat
    Maul_Rat
    ✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    If you follow "to the T" you stats should be exactly like what the you see in the build guide or video. If not, something is off. If they are exactly the same then it becomes a skill factor, movement, animation cancelling, reaction time, lag, ping, etc. Doing things in the right order, etc.

Necro bomber is only good in groups. You will get wrecked if you try to 1vX or get caught on the back foot. You will fail more than you succeed, but a successful bomb can be pretty spectacular. Necro is the class I play the most.

Dunno about NB; I've never been good at that class, but my guess that really good NB players are highly skilled at animation cancelling and circle strafing to stay inside the target's hit box so they cannot react.

Your right, and if I follow everything on how to become a millionaire book I just read, I will be rich tomorrow!

Come on now. I am not doing damage, so that's why I made this thread. The reason why was already covered above. The guides were out of date and so are the builds I am using. Problem solved. Don't play DK because similar to the nightblade, I just don't like what the class does. Thanks for the advice. I don't have a latency issue.
    I just want man flesh.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sharpened trait on weapons...infused damage jewelry...apprentice/warrior mundus, infused/divines on armor...spriggans/spinners plus one other damage set...

most builds (if your focus is healing or tanking, not so much) you'll have to figure out some ability combination (including your ultimate) to eliminate enemy players...

stamblade, necro mag and mag dk all have combos that should eliminate others...pump up your weapon/spell damage and find it...

pay attention to your death recaps to see how other players are finishing you...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • DaisyRay
    DaisyRay
    ✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    say attention to your death recaps to see how other players are finishing you...

This a lot. I'm not ashamed to say I've stole some skill ideas from people who murdered me with it. >>

⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ DaisyRay ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaisyRay wrote: »
    pay attention to your death recaps to see how other players are finishing you...

This a lot. I'm not ashamed to say I've stole some skill ideas from people who murdered me with it. >>

hey @DaisyRay , that and no lie - i'll use a lot of what folks here are complaining/griping about...truth is, i like "winning" way too much to be too proud to use something available to us within the game if it'll help one of my toons perform better...

it's interesting though, of all the different things people discuss here on the forums, one thing you don't here people give up too much is their execute combos...however, you can see that on your death recaps...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Waylander07
    Waylander07
    ✭✭✭✭
    On my MDK I am using Burning Spellweave, New Moon Acolyte and Balogh 5 light 2 heavy on chest and legs, using sword and shield with the Sharpened trait on my sword. Your CP points are important as well as you get a lot of damage from the blue tree. You could drop 1 piece New moon for Oaken if you prefer a 1 bar build.
    I have no problem getting kills with this build but it is not very tanky. I also make sure that I always have at least 30k health.
    This build works for me but might not for you but keep at it and you will soon be killing for fun.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Maul_Rat

Duel with a friend who PvPs. If they want you to improve they will give you the best constructive criticism, with nothing to concentrate on but you and your play. Stop the duel, ask what that was, how did they line this up etc. Learning how to escape burst, but also recognizing what the telltale signs are is a big help. Going easy on you and then ramping it up can give you the breathing room to learn better.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing about the current patch, you damage isn't the problem, it is the healing output that is in the game right now.

For instance today I went from 1% health to 85% health from one heal.

As for DK, if you are going against a class that has a way to cure themselves and you are not using Plaguebreak you will probably not pressure them as much or maybe the player has a bunch of disabiling effects on them causing them to keep 10% damage reduction etc...

The game in its current state is so broken that if you don't run with a group you will find yourself complaining about constantly feeling weaker than your enemy.

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game in its current state is so broken that if you don't run with a group you will find yourself complaining about constantly feeling weaker than your enemy.

maybe it's just the alliance i'm in (covenant) but it sure seems like we're made up of mostly solo players, i do play both servers though...prior to faction lock i also played the other two alliances in cyrodiil...probably just my DC perspective now, but it does seem like the pact and dominion travel in groups more often :)

thankfully though there's usually enough "regulars" around that it's easy to fight with other "randoms" successfully...

if i'm outnumbered more than two to one, chances are good i'm gonna feel like i'm in a bad situation..i'm usually still having fun, it's just i know i may not be the last one standing...

i guess what i'm trying to say is - the top tier of players, are not really that large a percentage of the people playing...i guess the whole top tier thing gives it away a bit...

from what i've seen, only about 5 to 10 percent or so of the player base is significantly better than the majority of cyrodiil players...now that i think of it, other than weekends and holidays, i don't seem to run in to a lot of pvp/cyrodiil noobs...

the real difference you'll see though in competition is during off-hours when pretty much everyone you're fighting against is another cyro-lifer...

Edited by geonsocal on July 26, 2022 10:10PM
  • Udrath
    Udrath
    ✭✭✭✭
    There’s two type of PvP players

Those that try to run away without fighting to heal

And those that fight back and heal at the same time

Don’t stop fighting back
    Edited by Udrath on July 27, 2022 12:06AM
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭

maybe it's just the alliance i'm in (covenant) but it sure seems like we're made up of mostly solo players, i do play both servers though...prior to faction lock i also played the other two alliances in cyrodiil...probably just my DC perspective now, but it does seem like the pact and dominion travel in groups more often :)

thankfully though there's usually enough "regulars" around that it's easy to fight with other "randoms" successfully...

if i'm outnumbered more than two to one, chances are good i'm gonna feel like i'm in a bad situation..i'm usually still having fun, it's just i know i may not be the last one standing...

i guess what i'm trying to say is - the top tier of players, are not really that large a percentage of the people playing...i guess the whole top tier thing gives it away a bit...

from what i've seen, only about 5 to 10 percent or so of the player base is significantly better than the majority of cyrodiil players...now that i think of it, other than weekends and holidays, i don't seem to run in to a lot of pvp/cyrodiil noobs...

the real difference you'll see though in competition is during off-hours when pretty much everyone you're fighting against is another cyro-lifer...

I typically stay back from the group to lore out gankers. They typically can't kill me because I run mostly defensive sets. My damage IMO is subpar but I typically can survive a few good hits.

The oakensoul ring just makes it easier now to survive. Devs really screwed the pouch with the ring in PVP. They took skill and knowledge of how to properly build and play character completely out of the equation. Now it is just a matter of using one ring, equipping any gear and smashing buttons.

I wish the ring was disabled in PVP. As for PVE, I think the ring is great and it really makes it easier to run around and kill things.
  • FrankonPC
    FrankonPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maul_Rat wrote: »
    DaisyRay wrote: »
    Also!!!!

Sometimes people are just better than you and that's okay. There is no one guide that can teach you how to kill everyone. There will always be someone better so you just have to take the deaths and learn from them. While I'm usually laughing at my deaths, I'm also looking back to see what I could have done better. So this too!

DaisyRay,

I personally like watching Isth3reno1else. Truth be told, I have also forgotten to add enchantments to crafted sets. I have also been testing different traits to see what performs better. Currently, all well fitted has been nice for my bash guy, but I haven't tested all divines yet.

Using an inferno staff is nice. Are using a foul enchantment with it?

Hello!

There's some good tips in here but if you want more detailed information on what you're struggling with, send me some of your fights to my email at isth3reno1else@gmail.com and I'll be more than happy to provide any tips for what you're struggling with.

Narrowing down fights an practicing in a duel or bg situation will be most helpful imo. Fighting someone of equal Fighting skill or a better player that can teach you as you go is also beneficial.

Regardless, best of luck!